(Topic ID: 187361)

Who would like to see a Playfield Protector for Haunted House?

By solarvalue

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you purchase a Playfield Protector for Haunted House?”

• Yes 25 votes
    100%

(Multiple choice - 25 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_5696 (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

I love Playfield Protectors and have them on all the games I own which they have made one for. I would really like to see them make one for Haunted House.
I think this title really needs one due to the fact that the ball gets flung around so much between the three levels and also because the protector is so good at evening out any bumps around the playfield window. I have asked protectors if they are going to make them and they said they will at some time in the future but I thought I would make this thread to force their hand a little (all in good fun).

#2 6 years ago

Screenshot_5696 (resized).pngScreenshot_5696 (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Yes, I made a single-option poll on purpose - I don't need to know if you don't want one.

The problem is, it seems that the poll isn't working right now. When you choose 'yes' it says: 'you haven't selected anything.' I have PMed Robin to see if he can make it work.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Yes, I made a single-option poll on purpose - I don't need to know if you don't want one.
The problem is, it seems that the poll isn't working right now. When you choose 'yes' it says: 'you haven't selected anything.' I have PMed Robin to see if he can make it work.

He will likely close your one-sided poll.

For the record, I would not want a Haunted House playfield protector.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Prob needs two options.. just go "yes" or "yes"

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He will likely close your one-sided poll.
For the record, I would not want a Haunted House playfield protector.

Thanks for letting me know.

#7 6 years ago

It's perfectly fine to have a poll functioning as a counter. The problem with your poll was that you had it set to "one choice" (user has to make one choice out of multiple) and only had one choice. That doen't work. However, setting it to "multiple choice" does allow for having one option.

Please deduct my (test) vote from you end total. I have no easy way of removing it (and no, I don't own a Haunted House either)!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Please deduct my (test) vote from you end total. I have no easy way of removing it (and no, I don't own a Haunted House either)!

Thanks Robin, your vote stays!

#9 6 years ago

I can't think of any reason anyone wouldn't want a playfield protector for any game. I've owned two HH's in the past and would love to have one made.

#10 6 years ago

dammit i want to vote no. waaaaa wheres the democracy lol

#11 6 years ago

Agreed, protectors for everything!

I however think that a very good quality and high res overlay would spark interest. I wouldn't put a protector on my PF in it's current condition.

I started on the attic long ago but was stalled due to colour matching. See my thread about it. I finally broke down and have just ordered a Capsure so this may come back around (My Spirit also needs some lovin' in the PF department)

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

dammit i want to vote no. waaaaa wheres the democracy lol

100% want one so far.

#13 6 years ago

ahh yes but if you have no replies as well then you know your sample size.. your statistics kung fu is weak this way

#14 6 years ago

yes please!

#15 6 years ago

Is this that German company that sells them on eBay?? Or are you shooting for a hardtop overlay and protection?

Just curious

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Is this that German company that sells them on eBay?? Or are you shooting for a hardtop overlay and protection?
Just curious

Yep, that's right, the German company, they make Vivak (PET-G) clear non-adhesive playfield protectors:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

They made one for Black Hole, I would like to get one for HH also.

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

I also waiting and hoping for a HH playfield protector. Got mine working 100% but not bringing into my arcade until I touch up and clear or install a protector. Don't think I'll ever have the time to clear.

#18 6 years ago

I just got a reply from Playfield Protectors and they want to make one but don't have access to a Haunted House. If anyone has a playfield scan or can scan their's, the project will get started.

#19 6 years ago

better start pulling it apart solarvalue you might get your wish

1 week later
#20 6 years ago

Yes interested. Thanks

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Level3623:

If anyone has a playfield scan or can scan their's, the project will get started.

OK, great, thanks. I guess I better work out how to scan a playfield.

#22 6 years ago

Peter at 'special when lit' has a beautifully restored play field which he is repopulating now.

10 months later
#23 6 years ago

So is this coming? I could really use one please

3 months later
#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmuis:

So is this coming? I could really use one please

Me too. And soon.

Crap, Id even like a hard top for my lower playfield.

1 month later
#25 5 years ago

A huge thank you to Pmuis - with his support we are now able to offer a playfield protector for this classic machine!

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/jDntB7skaUCrMOtozTbTFQ

#26 5 years ago

Great, thankyou so much!

#27 5 years ago

My vote is no........

#28 5 years ago

Screw it, im doing it. Ill report back once its on.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

My vote is no........

Too bad, it's happening baby!

2 weeks later
#30 5 years ago

No one installed one yet? Come on....some one did...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-like-to-see-a-playfield-protector-for-haunted-house?hl=slghokie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.