(Topic ID: 207561)

Who would like a reproduction silk-screened backglass for Jet Spin?

By Pinballprowess

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 hours ago by TevB
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    jetspin szybafotka (resized).jpg
    20171014_121437_resized_1 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Looking to get enough people on board to have this glass done.

It will be a genuine silk-screened glass and done by Ron Webb.

Please contact me if you would like a perfect glass for your game.

Every order counts to make this happen!

Thank you,

Glen Peters (714) 745-1783

#2 6 years ago

about time this one is done, Ron does nice work. I'm in and will give you a call

#3 6 years ago

Only 4 player version? Or will plans include Super Spin too? Curious, not ordering now... mine is ok but if your running Super Spin as well... the possibility of getting a new one is interesting.

Bump for an amazing game and one of the best back glasses around.

#4 6 years ago

I am in and will text or call to give you my information. Thanks!

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Only 4 player version? Or will plans include Super Spin too? Curious, not ordering now... mine is ok but if your running Super Spin as well... the possibility of getting a new one is interesting.
    Bump for an amazing game and one of the best back glasses around.

Super Spin is a different glass.

Perhaps someone else will campaign for it at another time.

#6 6 years ago

DOH! I just looked more carefully- indeed its the same theme and colors and basic design but its totally different to accomodate the score windows. I had never seen them side by side and never really critically compared- not even close.

Oh well- I learned something anyhow. Good luck with the campaign.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

DOH! I just looked more carefully- indeed its the same theme and colors and basic design but its totally different to accomodate the score windows. I had never seen them side by side and never really critically compared- not even close.
    Oh well- I learned something anyhow. Good luck with the campaign.

Thanks!

You wouldn't know it from this thread... but Jet Spin only needs two more to come on board to make it happen.

So hopefully, anyone who is on the fence... will lean this way.

Come on Jet Spin owners!

#8 6 years ago

I'm in for one....thanks for getting this project going!

Mike

#9 6 years ago

Sign me up for a glass. i restored a game for a buddy and it had an average glass. we are spending $600 on the pf, so why not another 3 on a glass. My buddy had sent the rails, door/lockdown bar out and got them polished to a mirror finish...

20171014_121437_resized_1 (resized).jpg20171014_121437_resized_1 (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

I just upgraded my backglass a few years ago. It's not perfect, but it would be hard for me to justify the expense of an upgrade. It sure is tempting though, as my JS is one of the nicest originals that I have seen.

#11 6 years ago

That's a huge hunk of glass.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

That's a huge hunk of glass.

Yes, and a 'silk-screened' huge hunk of glass at THAT. Ha!

#13 6 years ago

A new Ron Webb backglass for my favorite EM is a no brainer for me.

Thank you for putting this together Glen, you should have the PM with the info you needed.

Pat

#14 6 years ago

Any idea on a time frame for delivery, one of the best EM's Gottlieb made imo!

#15 6 years ago

Im buying a glass for a game I sold to a friend, I told him to expect about 1 year...

#16 6 years ago

You're welcome. And thanks to all of 'YOU'... who helped make this a reality!

Let me get back to the question of 'when' after I talk to Ron tomorrow and submit the list, as I have enough on board now.

Please keep in mind though, that this is something that doesn't happen overnight. But I will do everything I can to expedite it. I'm fairly certain Ron is going to want me to take my Jet Spin glass to the screeners.

And if he wants me to do it that 'tomorrow'... off I go.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballprowess:

You're welcome. And thanks to all of 'YOU'... who helped make this a reality!
    Let me get back to the question of 'when' after I talk to Ron tomorrow and submit the list, as I have enough on board now.
    Please keep in mind though, that this is something that doesn't happen overnight. But I will do everything I can to expedite it. I'm fairly certain Ron is going to want me to take my Jet Spin glass to the screeners.
    And if he wants me to do it that 'tomorrow'... off I go.

Sceeners or scanners? I always wondered where he got the art from..

2 weeks later
    #18 6 years ago

Ron does have a note up on his web site... "Any interest in a Gottlieb Jet Spin reproduction backglass, if so please email me"

1 year later
    #19 4 years ago

Did this ever happen? I could be in for one!

#20 4 years ago

Yes, Shay did the glass and it looks great, he will be coming to allentown and if you need one contact him to deliver one for you..

#21 4 years ago

i dont see a Super Spin on shays website? i was talking with Ron a few weeks ago , as i was expecting the abracadabra backglasses to come available and i was on the waiting list for one. he overlooked my name and sent mine out which i recieved last week . i know he took orders for a 2001 which i also put my name too , however he hadnt sent them to printers yet. im not in need of a super spin, i have the 2 player jet spin and the glass is very nice

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from flipit:

Yes, Shay did the glass and it looks great, he will be coming to allentown and if you need one contact him to deliver one for you..

Thanks so much! I will shoot him an e-mail. I'll be there Friday.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from singlezero:

i dont see a Super Spin on shays website? i was talking with Ron a few weeks ago , as i was expecting the abracadabra backglasses to come available and i was on the waiting list for one. he overlooked my name and sent mine out which i recieved last week . i know he took orders for a 2001 which i also put my name too , however he hadnt sent them to printers yet. im not in need of a super spin, i have the 2 player jet spin and the glass is very nice

Shay was/is neglect about updating the website. I ordered a quickdraw and put Jet Spin in the notes to get mine

#24 4 years ago

Any other news on Shay backglasses? He's had Fathom coming soon for a few years now.

1 year later
    #25 3 years ago

Forgot all about this thread! I just e-mailed Shay again too see where he's at with Jet Spin!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Forgot all about this thread! I just e-mailed Shay again too see where he's at with Jet Spin!

follow my note...

#27 3 years ago

Hi
    I have big problem with my Jet Spin .... backglass is horrible . Can you help me ?

jetspin szybafotka (resized).jpgjetspin szybafotka (resized).jpg
    #28 3 years ago
    Quoted from BogdanW:

Hi
    I have big problem with my Jet Spin .... backglass is horrible . Can you help me ?
    [quoted image]

try these guys
    http://www.coos.net/

#29 3 years ago

Yes I know this but answer is:

"Sorry to say but can't help You with this title now.... I've never made one and don't have a file for it.
    Best Regards, Coos Hakvoort"

Tell me if it is possible at all, buy only the file to be printed. Shipping such a glass is a difficult matter.

#30 3 years ago

Get the Shay Jet Sin Backglsss, It is beautiful and great color reproduction. It it is now on his website on the home page and scroll to the bottom under new arrivals.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from BogdanW:

Yes I know this but answer is:
    "Sorry to say but can't help You with this title now.... I've never made one and don't have a file for it.
    Best Regards, Coos Hakvoort"
    Tell me if it is possible at all, buy only the file to be printed. Shipping such a glass is a difficult matter.

PM sent

#32 3 years ago

I was fortunate enough to find a Jet Spin which turned out to be a Don Owen ("Team EM") restoration, for a great price.
    I initially turned down the repros but now that Shay was them, I'll look to upgrade the bg.
    Thanks all for the info/comments everyone.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from flipit:

Shay Jet Sin Backglsss

Oh, is this the Hugh Hefner version?

3 years later
    #34 2 days ago

By chance, are these still available?

#35 2 days ago

Shay has this available, its out of alpha order on the website

http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #36 36 hours ago

Sweet!
    Thank You!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-like-a-reproduction-silk-screened-backglass-for-jet-spin?hl=bogdanw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.