(Topic ID: 219121)

Who would buy these if they existed???

By MoSeS_1592

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

This is strictly food for thought: I have 8 machines in my game room, 2 of them are 1/3 sized Zizzle machines. They are modded to hell and back to make them more visually appealing and to make them play more like 'real' machines. Anyways, in their current state I absolutely LOVE these machines, they play surprisingly well with mods and look amazing. People who see my collection are instantly drawn to them because of their uniqueness. Needless to say I was sad to see that Zizzle fizzled and is long extinct. There was no denying these were toy-grade machines. But I am curious, if there were a manufacturer who produced 1/3 sized (or maybe 1/2 sized) machines that were commercial (or near commercial) grade with actual repairable and replaceable pinball parts designed for home use, who here would consider owning one?

It may be a bit of a technical challenge since standard parts are probably a bit too big for a 1/3 sized pin, perhaps there would be some custom parts involved, but I'm of the opinion that if a big name manufacturer produced a high quality 1/3 (or 1/2) sized home-use pin it'd probably be a successful product, especially since standard machines take up a lot of space and a smaller version could be better suited to fit inside a home. I imagine something like this, if it ever someday exists, would be in the $1k to $2.5k price range. I'm talking about a complete machine with drop targets, active bumpers, kickouts, ramps, DMD, etc... all the good stuff, but smaller and wayyyy more detailed and complex than those old 1970's home mini pinball machines that were around for a while.

Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

Some manufacturers already did.

A few memorable SS ones close to 2/3 dimensions.

Gottlieb - Super Mushroom World
    AGC - Punchy the Clown
    Bally - Safe Cracker
    Stern - Spider-Man Home Edition

The first three have half the overall footprint, and all the features. Unfortunately, all games were commercially mediocre during release period.

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Some manufacturers already did.
    A few memorable ones:
    Gottlieb - Super Mushroom World
    AGC - Punchy the Clown
    Bally - Safe Cracker

If you wanna know pinball history, Chris aka BlacKnight is the man to talk to. He is one of the most knowledgeable people here. PM him for specifics. He is also helpful to people that have no idea what they are doing. Chris was the first person I went to when I needed help and it was the best decision I made.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah I forgot about Super Mushroom World. I have seen it at a few pinball shows. Really cool looking pin. My thought was something similar to this, sans coin mechs. Are those standard width pins (with standard back box) that are just shorter length than normal? I think what makes the Zizzles sort of unique are the fact that everything, including the ball, is proportionally reduced in size. Mass producing custom smaller parts for replacement probably wouldn't be feasible.

#5 5 years ago

No interest what-so-ever.

Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I imagine something like this, if it ever someday exists, would be in the $1k to $2.5k price range. I'm talking about a complete machine with drop targets, active bumpers, kickouts, ramps, DMD, etc... all the good stuff, but smaller and wayyyy more detailed and complex than those old 1970's home mini pinball machines that were around for a while.

Ha....nope. No happening. 1.3 the size doesn;t mean 1/3 the price. IF Stern was to do them they'd use Spike bodes, which we all know are not cheaper.

#6 5 years ago

I'm sure there is a market for them somewhere.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
    #7 5 years ago

I’m more about moving to 1/20 scale, gimme a $400-500 teensy AFM please!

#8 5 years ago

Any pics of your 2 fo-shizzles ?

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any pics of your 2 fo-shizzles ?

Yes, I started these threads about the Zizzle mods a few years ago, there are tons of pics and videos of machines in those threads. Here are the links:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zizzle-potc-pinball-mod-using-arduino-microcontroller

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/zizzle-%C2%BE-pinball-%E2%80%93-servo-ramp-mod#post-1845628

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-buy-these-if-they-existed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.