• 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00406.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Email or call John and tell him you want to get on the waiting list. If someone decides not to continue he'll probably give you the spot.

He can have my spot.

I got my refund Saturday.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Two years for WOZ and that's with a factory, a team of animators, one of the best programmers in pinball, a business plan for a viable company, etc....with such lofty ambitions but a smaller production crew (seemingly) ...I'm gonna call 5 years minimum on these projects.

I don't know about 5 years, but the things that you mention above played a very large role in my decision to get out.

Plus the fact that we BHZA buyers haven't heard anything in terms of what is going on with the project, no group/discussion forum for owners......nothing....didn't help either.

Just too many unknowns for me at this point in time, with nothing to give me reason/confidence to stay in and risk more money since I believe that payments from this point forward (November) are now non-refundable.

Finally, as Pinlawyer said, I do worry about what the code will be like. They don't have a Keefer or Lyman working for them.

I'm taking my refund and will apply it towards a high end restoration of an AFM. It will actually cost more than BHZA, but at least I know exactly what I'm getting.

I think the theme and artwork on BHZA is going to be phenomenal when it is released, but virtually everything else about it is up in the air..

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not to mention...where the F is Magic Girl? Just seems waaaay too ambitious to do both of these things at once.

Yep.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

BHZA #19 and will wait patiently for its arrival bc it will be the day of days.

Haha. So you got mine.

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

A $200 plane ticket and you would still be the owner of #19.

Not sure why you think that. Like I said, that was an *additional* reason that I got out, not the only reason by a long shot.

#113 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

It would of answered alot of your unknowns.

I think requiring a trip from SoCal to Illinois and back again in order to answer a lot of "unknowns" is a bit ridiculous. This isn't the 19th century. We even have this thing called the internets.

#120 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Each pinball maker has their own approach to communicating progress, based on their particular situation

Right. And the approach taken on BHZA isn't for me. No public discussion among buyers, NDA, no pictures to speak of, etc. I much prefer the way JJP was doing it. Either way, JPop is one of my favorite designers, the theme kicks ass, the art will be phenomenal, and I'm sure it will be a sweet pin when it comes out. I just wanted to enjoy the ride along the way, and it was obvious to me at this point that that just wasn't going to happen. It wasn't like this was a rash decision for me. I have no regrets at this point. Will I regret it in a few years when BHZA is finally released? That's certainly possible, but I won't have money tied up with nothing to show for it for years either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-buy-a-zombieland-pin-from-jpop?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.