• Not at all 19 votes
    11%

(180 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mellony.jpg
wnbjm02.jpg
wb_004.jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I saw a interview posted by spfxted with Dennis Nordman about various history and potential machines

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dennis-nordman-2-part-illustrated-interview-coming-soon

It mentioned the Whoa Nellie, which I think looks incredible. My questions is would you buy if it was made by Stern or Spooky.

For me I would as it looks incredible and looks like a fun player.

wb_004.jpgwb_004.jpg wnbjm02.jpgwnbjm02.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I voted Yes for Stern only because it was mentioned that they were considering it, so it gives it a good chance of being produced. It would be interesting if they worked in a dmd into with a few rules but just be a fun player.

But like the idea of Spooky doing it as well, yes we haven't seen any of there pins but this could be a good boost for them to get some funds in.

So start voting so it can encourage Stern or Spooky.

#3 11 years ago

Artwork is undeniably fantastic, but... no. Not my thing. Not into EM-style gameplay.

And I think seeing ‘n’ instead of ’n’ would make me loose* sleep.

* sic

#4 11 years ago

At what price?

#5 11 years ago

I might. Love it. Price would of course be an important issue. In any case I was delighted to learn that Stern was interested... provided they would sell it at a reasonable price!

#6 11 years ago

Not me. Game looks like an old rampless EM snoozefest. I realize this might be the goal of the project, but its uninteresting to me. I'm out at any price.

#7 11 years ago

I like it. It's colorful and cartoony artwork is very good. I'd like to see it in both electromechanical and electronic versions.

#8 11 years ago

Price would be the biggest factor. Would look great in a collection and it is probably the best EM style game for people who aren't fans of EMs.

#9 11 years ago

Love the layout and design, especially the pop bumper caps. I'd like to see more like this, but with wife-friendly artwork and theme. Oh, and I want it for $2500.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Oh, and I want it for $2500.

Im not sure they would sell many at Stern prices. Game is very fun and great to look at, but it seems a bit niche and current Stern prices might scare away EM guys who are used to paying $500 for a machine.

#11 11 years ago

I'd seriously consider it if I was single. But as a married guy with a six year-old daughter, no way.

#12 11 years ago

Not for me. Looks like something an old dude in a nursing home would get excited to.

#13 11 years ago

I've played it. It's fun. I would buy a reliable solid state version for around 4k if I had the scratch.

#14 11 years ago

they had me at "gobble hole"

#15 11 years ago

It's not just the backglass or the art, it's the little stuff like how it sits on top of a crate and the "levelers" are crushed beer cans.

Don't know how that would translate into production.

#16 11 years ago

artwork looks good but i don't think i'd go for it.
game play look...well.....

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

But as a married guy with a six year-old daughter, no way.

At 6, it's time for your daughter to learn the value of self image. A game like that around the house is a good start.

#18 11 years ago

I've played it and it is fun with a great layout.

A solid state version, coming in at about $3300 (no ramps or expensive toys to produce), would be a no brainer.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

At 6, it's time for your daughter to learn the value of self image. A game like that around the house is a good start.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but that's a pretty asinine comment.

--Luke

#20 11 years ago

No. The theme is just too adolescent for me. Also, if I wanted a play field with this kind of layout, I would prefer a classic EM instead. It would likely be less expensive too.

#21 11 years ago

Artwork and cabinet creativity are top notch, the gameplay on the other hand even for an EM isn't for me regardless of the price.

#22 11 years ago

I "might" be interested but it would have be to very inexpensive compared to what the current pin market dictates. It would have to be priced around the same as "The Pin"

#23 11 years ago

If you are aware of a good quality gameplay video, please post it.

#24 11 years ago

Voted no, inappropriate for a healthy marriage. Great pin though.

-Wes

#25 11 years ago

No interest. I played it twice and that was enough.

Great job of them making it and I wish them the best though.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

-Wes

Not married, but I imagine if she can read 50 Shades of Gray, I can have cartoon bikini girls on a pinball game.

#27 11 years ago

I have absolutely no problem at all with the artwork, because I think it is gorgeous. I'd gladly have it in my house. Having never played it I can't completely judge it, but I need ramps and DMDs on my games. I've already got Twin Win (see avatar pic) if I want the old timey machines with girls in bikinis.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

clearly your marriage is healthy if pinball machine art is going to cause friction.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Not married, but I imagine if she can read 50 Shades of Gray, I can have cartoon bikini girls on a pinball game.

I know.

I like how all these guys married women who lack any self confidence.

"You can't have CFTBL because there is a cartoon woman in a one piece"

"OK, honey. Here are my balls"

#30 11 years ago

I'd be tempted to get one....price matters though as well as features (game modes, playfield toys, etc)

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

clearly your marriage is healthy if pinball machine art is going to cause friction.

+1000

LOL

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know.

Ha. Seriously if your wife can't deal with the images on a machine like this, divorces are easy to get.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

as well as features (game modes, playfield toys, etc)

It doesn't have any

#34 11 years ago

I played it at Expo, and was really surprised that I liked it. I could see it in my collection, but at what price I'm not sure.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It's not the art that's the problem, it's the theme. The THEME is titties, and that's reinforced through the great humor on the playfield. Like I said - I love it, would totally own it if I were single.

#36 11 years ago

Glad my wife reads penthouse. Lot of sad marriages on this forum. ohhh honey can I WTF.

#37 11 years ago

Voted no. Not interested in a retro game. This is the future. I want some innovations.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My thoughts exactly. I glad my wife is not such a prude.

#39 11 years ago

Gameplay wouldn't be for me, and the theme is just plain old cheesy. Nope.

#40 11 years ago

If it was a true limited edition (<100) then yes, I would buy one
But if it was a full production run of over 2000, then nope

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know.

For the record, for me at least, it's less the images and more the humor I find inappropriate for my six year-old daughter. My wife wouldn't be offended at all. We already own Creech.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

they had me at "gobble hole"

There was a woman bragging "I got it in the Gobble Hole!", when I was in line to play it.

I didn't have the heart to tell her...

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Gameplay wouldn't be for me, and the theme is just plain old cheesy. Nope.

I think it supposed to be cheesy, however it is way overdone.

I'm sorry, as an EM collector, artwork by people like Gordon Morison and Dave Christensen was the absolute right balance of T and A worked in with teenage fantasy. This work isn't even in the same league art-wise IMHO.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was a woman bragging "I got it in the Gobble Hole!", when I was in line to play it. I didn't have the heart to tell her...

This would be a good example of what I'm talking about.

#45 11 years ago

My wife's favorite game is Bride of Pinbot and the sexual innuendo on that game is through the roof! This is just goofy fun.

#46 11 years ago

Nellie isn't innuendo, it is blatant and stupid.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Nellie isn't innuendo, it is blatant and stupid.

Exactly! That is why the cow is saying "complete and udder nonsense".

He gets it.

#48 11 years ago

If Stern is going to make this, it can be priced no higher than $2499.

If they can charge that amount for that POS "The Pin" with all it's high-tech goodies, this should be a breeze and way cheaper to build! Besides, someone's already done all the development and artwork for them. And just think: No code to update!!!!

#49 11 years ago

I'm probably in the minority here but, even though I LOVE EMs :

a) I'm not into big boobs.
b) The artwork isn't terribly appealing to me.

I understand the adolescent fantasy theme, but it's done in a style that I just don't dig. The style of the characters on the back glass look like really bad caricatures. I really wish they had used a classic mirrored EM style backglass, and with the artwork more in the style of Christian Marche (my favorite pinball artist) or even Dave Christensen. I like Greg Freres too, but this entire package just isn't for me...

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Good point, maybe I'll get a divorce before it really gets bad! You should really be a marriage counselor or something. Amazing.

Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry Vid, couldn't find anything better... No woman with high self confidence would have married me.. I take what I can get.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Lot of sad marriages on this forum.

Dude, I get it, I'm already getting a divorce based on what DrStarkFeather and Vid1984 said. Lay off, man.

Seriously though, if you guys don't get that you have to keep the peace in the house, you aren't married. I have young kids and young family members and judgmental grand parents and all sorts of little rugrats running around my machines all day. If I have pins with tits falling out of them I'd have a lot more 'work' to do to keep that peace. It's simple, really. But whatever you guys judge away!

In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and find me a Sexy Girl, Miss World, and Big Dick to put in my gameroom just so I can get some pinside cred.

-Wes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-buy-a-whoa-nellie-if-it-was-made-in-large-numbers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.