(Topic ID: 41328)

Who would buy a Superman Pinball if Stern decided to Run?

By pinmister

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Don1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BDK_Pinball_004.JPG
league3.jpg
league2.jpg
league.jpg
man-of-steel-superman-logo.jpg
images[6].jpg
images.jpeg
kingdome_come.jpg
627.jpg
superman_pinball_2.jpg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Just watched trailer of Man of Steel on youtube-looks like a great movie remake of a classic. We need a re-run of the classic Superman pinball. Prime for a Stern run-great franchise. I would buy it-if they made it?

superman_pinball_2.jpgsuperman_pinball_2.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Not without playing it first.

#3 11 years ago

I've had enough with the super hero pins. It's time for other themes for awhile. A long while.

#4 11 years ago

if stern keeps doing it like the last 2-3 years, we could see the man of steel.
music
superhero/movie
music
superhero/movie
music...

so,
x men
ac dc
avengers
metallica
star trek
superhero.... your chances are good.

#5 11 years ago

I know-I dont want to beat a dead horse either but Stern needs to stick with good franchises to survive. Superman is a classic. Plus -Stern has pretty much done them all- might as well finish with cherry on top right?

#6 11 years ago

I don't think the superhero problem is with the untested games, incomplete code, or a 40% rise in prices; the problem is we need better superheros

627.jpg627.jpg

#7 11 years ago

I am not too sure if this new Superman movie will be a hit or a flop

Stern should play it safe and not use this licence at the moment

#8 11 years ago

i would love to put one next to my atari superman.......should i start saving now?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I've had enough with the super hero pins. It's time for other themes for awhile. A long while.

Yeah, lets do something different for a change....give me a ZOMBIE pin!!!

#10 11 years ago

More likely to do Superman when there is a sequel if I had to guess. Unless they want to repeat a superhero (like the studio's do), then it's going to get a bit more challenging for them to pick additional superhero pins. Ditto with aging rock bands. Will be interesting to see. Hopefully, we don't return to poker, game shows, and video game themes. Some interesting pinball machine designs but the themes and art on those stunk. I think the interesting big pinball licensing battle will be Star Wars -- assuming the pinball renewal continues unabated for another few years to allow that to occur. Speaking of, I think I should start a Star Wars pinball pre-pre-pre-pre order thread.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

I think I should start a Star Wars pinball pre-pre-pre-pre order thread

I'm surprised JJP hasn't already started one.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I'm surprised JJP hasn't already started one.

He has- just send him $7500 and he promises it will be in year 2015? Give or take a year or two or mabye three

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He has- just send him $8500

There you go. Fixed it for ya.

#16 11 years ago

Enough with the super heroes. Seriously.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yeah, lets do something different for a change....give me a ZOMBIE pin!!!

Dream theme. Residenent Evil based on the movies with Sterns LCD platform.

#18 11 years ago

Big comic fan but super man is too boring and generic. Plus with x-men, avengers and a few batman pins already around do we need more super heroes? I'd like to see them continue with the band theme for a bit (ramones pin please). But with stern not doing non tie in pins super heroes are better then the alternative of random movie pins as most stuff at the movies is drivel now. I really really hope if their doing resident evil it's the games. The movies were so bad.

#19 11 years ago

It could be a good game but I would not seek it out. I like a ton of superheroes better than superman.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

There you go. Fixed it for ya.

First $500.00 due NOW.

#21 11 years ago

Only if they do a Big Lebowski pin first.

#22 11 years ago

Quoted from taz:Only if they do a Big Lebowski pin first.

DUDE-The Dude abides man-I love that movie. Mabye it could have little bowling pins- kinda like Flinstones.

Classic:
Maude Lebowski-What do you do for recreation?
The Dude- Oh the usual-I bowl,drive around, the occasional acid flashback

#23 11 years ago

I would be in ...but only if they did an updated version of the Man of Steel....like the "Kingdom Come" series in the comics.....maybe with real Alex Ross artwork......that would be a winner!!!!

And why just limit it to Superman...get the whole Justice league in there......(and seriously...not the lame old Saturday morning cartoon version)...

Superheros, cool villans, costumes with lots of cleavage and lots of cool artwork.......could be a winner....

kingdome_come.jpgkingdome_come.jpg

#24 11 years ago

82Trooper-That is cool man

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Hopefully, we don't return to poker, game shows, and video game themes.

I think a return to Clowns, Cards and Cowboys would be refreshing.

/s

#26 11 years ago

I think a return to Clowns, Cards and Cowboys would be refreshing.
/s

Now your talking how about a remake of killer klowns from outer space!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#27 11 years ago

Stern NIB - God no
Superman - Does not interest me in the least
New Version of an old game that was super cheap then and super expensive now - F*@# no

#28 11 years ago

Just thinking about a superman pin makes me hav....Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

#29 11 years ago

WW gots some serious body in that JL pic.

#30 11 years ago

superman... snoooze

Big Lebowski? Fun fest. The call outs would be incredible.

#31 11 years ago

Stern should just hand a project to Python Angelo and let him do whatever the hell he wants. He might turn out another Pinbot, he might turn out another Popeye. But regardless of what kind of game comes out you know it will be innovative and you know its going to get a lot of buzz. More than tired old comic book and grey haired rock band themes.

#32 11 years ago

get the whole Justice league in there......(and seriously...not the lame old Saturday morning cartoon version)...

Awww, was hoping for a moving Gleek target.

images[6].jpgimages[6].jpg

#33 11 years ago

Nobody should want another comic/superhero theme!.....unless it's Radioactive Man.

#34 11 years ago

Ah McBain, a classic, how about Storage Wars with Hester yelling Yuuuuuuup at you

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

how about Storage Wars with Hester yelling Yuuuuuuup at you

And a mode where you try to save that guy from killing himself.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Ah McBain, a classic

Hmmm...not McBain, but it is a classic.

1 month later
#37 10 years ago

Yeah, that's Rainier Wolfcastle, not McBain, which is another character Rainier Wolfcastle plays. Wow, I just typed that like he's a real person.

#38 10 years ago

I think Superman or Justice League or even Green Lantern would be killer. I have been searching for potential licenses I think Stern would do-Coming up with Cars-G.I. Joe, etc.
I think it may become reality-who knows though?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just watched trailer on Hulu-Man of Steel-http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/434282-looks like a great movie remake of a classic. We need a re-run of the classic Superman pinball. Prime for a Stern run-great franchise. I would buy it-if they made it?

That's the old trailer - here's the new one with a LOT of stuff that was just released yesterday - looks incredible:

#40 10 years ago

Nope. I will be utterly maxed out by then. No chance.

#41 10 years ago

Too many variables to make an intelligent vote today. That said, Rex are you talking about a Superman Pro or Superman Classic?

#42 10 years ago

I am in if it is an LE with a cool toy in the middle. Backglass photo.

man-of-steel-superman-logo.jpgman-of-steel-superman-logo.jpg

#44 10 years ago

I think the movie could be cool, espessially since they are bringing in Zod, but I have zero interest in it as a pin. Super hero pins just are not doing it for me.

#45 10 years ago

Possible backglass....

league.jpgleague.jpg league2.jpgleague2.jpg league3.jpgleague3.jpg

4 weeks later
#46 10 years ago

I heard from a birdie that this might be before ST. God I hope not

#47 10 years ago

God I hope not

Lord I hope so-Need to complete my super hero wall(;

BDK_Pinball_004.JPGBDK_Pinball_004.JPG

#48 10 years ago

I'd buy one. But only a year after its released so I got a finished and completed game

#49 10 years ago

Nope

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lord I hope so-Need to complete my super hero wall(;

Well, for you I hope so, that wall looks great with all those superhero games and LED's. I'm burned out on the superhero games, but another pinball game that's a good quality player is good for all of us. That of course is IF and only IF Stern doesn't cheap out the game.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-would-buy-a-superman-pinball-if-stern-decided-to-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.