Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16728197997184062886195616183443 (resized).jpg
    16728197201954962703868468254571 (resized).jpg
    71059185-42A4-491F-A5F5-F2AAF904445A (resized).png
    F8125439-4BBB-49AB-B989-818724ABFBD5 (resized).jpeg
    !Playfield (resized).JPG
    boop.gif
    download (resized).jpg
    20211120_032509 (resized).jpg
    Bot (resized).png
    zomgtwipys (resized).png
    image001 (resized).png
    IMG-20210909-WA0021 (resized).jpeg
    20220130_182439 (resized).jpg
    20220210_115923 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3106 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3107 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

Not saying rethemeing a game doesn't take talent and hard work because thats where I struggle is art wise with my games, but an actual homebrew built from scratch with thought going into layout design, circuit designs, making things work ect. isn't comparable to a retheme.

Should be separate categories. Just my 2c

#51 2 years ago

The year when I entered DBZ I barly mentioned it. Some of you guys treated it like American idol. Ran social media campaigns and shit, LOL. How many emails did you use to vote? I'll throw up E.T. next year just because, but at the end of the day, YES it is just a Popularity contest and I'm okay with it.

I think pinside could and should have a homebrew section where we can display all of our hard work in its own splash page post video links and whatnot, people could search the site and discover PINBALL MACHINES they never knew existed. robin

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from gameroompinball:

There is a page, but almost no one uses it lol. I for one would love to see it and I'd show all my games. So many outside the group don't seem to appreciate them.

Where??

#56 2 years ago

There is a page, but almost no one uses it lol. I for one would love to see it and I'd show all my games. So many outside the group don't seem to appreciate them.

Where??

now we're gonna argue about re-themes vs homebrews! Haha

#60 2 years ago

Haha. I love all of them. We can laugh at everyone else's factory designed / artwork printed games

Can I pay you to retheme my white woods into the games they were meant to be??? Lol

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if you separate, the issue still remains. 99% of voters are going to just vote with the most familiar or cool looking title. I don’t think that’s fair at all.

But at least a Homebrew will win in the Homebrew category.

8 months later
    #165 1 year ago

I respect anyone that does any kind of homebrewing.

Doing a retheme, you are already halfway there with trusted rules and geometry for whatever game you picked, still a lot of work and deserves respect

Doing a from scratch build, coming up with your own layouts, your own rules, is the epitome of "making a pinball" I would argue this is twice the work with more risk and deserves more respect.

As far as the twippies go they can suck it. They didn't use all the pictures or info I submitted with my game. And I only submitted it because they reached out to me in the first place. They probably just needed to stack the category that year? Who knows.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wisefwumyogwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-won-the-twipy-award-for-home-brew?tu=wisefwumyogwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.