Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who won Expo? (2018)”

• American Pinball 80 votes
      48%
    • Chicago Gaming Company 58 votes
      35%
    • Circus Maximus 2 votes
      1%
    • Deeproot Pinball 4 votes
      2%
    • Dutch Pinball 1 vote
      1%
    • Homepin 1 vote
      1%
    • Jersey Jack Pinball 9 votes
      5%
    • Multimorphic 0 votes
    • Spooky Pinball 3 votes
      2%
    • Stern 6 votes
      4%
    • Team Pinball 3 votes
      2%

(167 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111F5F71-5EDA-4D8F-9EA3-71FEE13864A4 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

The obligatory who won Chicago Pinball Expo 2018 thread.

#2 5 years ago

Chicago Gaming with that sweet ass MBr, but American pinball a close second with that sweet October Fest

#3 5 years ago

I actually am liking the Octoberfest pin. It is what pinball is all about. Campy, fun and off the wall. Reminds me of WH20, just a random theme that works well.

#4 5 years ago

I wasn't there but it looked like Deeproot put on some presentation.

#5 5 years ago

MBr was awesome, huge lines at Octoberfest, couldn’t even get close to the booth so many people.

#6 5 years ago

Rob Berk

#7 5 years ago

Berk, whilewhile the crowds were down, and the participant bright games were down, expo itself was way more fun, no yelling, everyone was relaxed. There is now a chance that expo will continue rather than die as was happening before. Are there issues, yes. Berk needs to convince poodle to bring games. If he didn't bring a ton, John P didn't bring a ton, and the ghost didnt literally full a room, this would have been pretty barren. Thanks to them, and the regulars who did bring game this was a success.

#8 5 years ago

Everybody won, for the show didn't have MP involved with it. Expo took a MP dump, and got rid of a large part of the problem with the show. Good for Berk, good for Expo, good for pretty much everyone in pinball. Now if they would focus a little more on the people instead of the industry (video was a good start, timing of open rooms would be another) it would become more of a pinball show than a pinball conference.

#9 5 years ago

BERK won Expo.

#10 5 years ago

Can we really say American Pinball won when they had 15 Houdinis and nobody playing them?

Also super surprised about how sorta quiet and flat Pirates did. I definitly like dialed in better. Sorta anti climatic for jersey jack, there.

#11 5 years ago

I think the more important discussion is who lost.

Remember last year when Stern had their dark night, and the company was literally destroyed overnight since they didn’t have some flashy new wares to show off? We haven’t heard from Stern since and probably
    Never will again.

So who experienced a horrific Dark Night at expo this year?

#12 5 years ago

The movie poster/Comic book seller and custom pen sellers.

#13 5 years ago

...closes door, was looking for tourney winners and to see if I won the DEADPOOL raffle

#14 5 years ago

I think it's either Elwin or Raymond

#15 5 years ago

I think rob craig won! way to step up and take the lead!

#16 5 years ago

If “winning” an expo means securing real orders from homeowners and operators, that’s likely CGC.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

If “winning” an expo means securing real orders from homeowners and now operators, that’s CGC.

Yes that would be a win!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Can we really say American Pinball won when they had 15 Houdinis and nobody playing them?
    Also super surprised about how sorta quiet and flat Pirates did. I definitly like dialed in better. Sorta anti climatic for jersey jack, there.

The Houdini’s in the AP booth and in booths of our distributors were played nearly non-stop, the 10 or so against the wall were only being used by the tournament.

#19 5 years ago

We won. Fun show. Thanks to organizers, vendors, manufacturers, speakers and people who brought their machines to share.

#20 5 years ago

#1 CGC MB

#2 American Pinball Oktoberfest

#3 Stern same shit different expo no reveal

#4 JJP known for stealing the show has nothing to show

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

And may never again either.........

#22 5 years ago

Everyone won!

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

...closes door, was looking for tourney winners and to see if I won the DEADPOOL raffle

Some Sebastian guy won the DeadPool raffle.

#24 5 years ago

Results for the Main Pinball Expo tourney.

No idea how the Classics turned out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #25 5 years ago

Antar won expo!

111F5F71-5EDA-4D8F-9EA3-71FEE13864A4 (resized).jpeg111F5F71-5EDA-4D8F-9EA3-71FEE13864A4 (resized).jpeg
    #26 5 years ago

Colorado's Adam and Escher Leftkoff won Expo!!
    Escher won the Power 100 tournament and Adam won the Main Open tournament for a brand new Stern!!
    Congrats to both!

#27 5 years ago

I'd have to say JPOP won expo for making it out of there alive.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Elix72:

Antar won expo!
    [quoted image]

Awesomeness!!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd have to say JPOP won expo for making it out of there alive.

He was actually there??

John

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

#1 CGC MB
    #2 American Pinball Oktoberfest
    #3 Stern same shit different expo no reveal

Was there no JJP POTC there to play?

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

He was actually there??

John

Yeah he was there for the deep root seminar as has been advertised for months.

It was pretty brutal. he was peppered with questions by the audience about the zidware scam. He was booed. Some pissed off dude actually had to be restrained from attacking him, and the entire seminar was ended early dude to the ruckus.

Psyche! None of that shit happened and if you didn't know the back story you'd have no idea he's a hated pariah. It appears the deep root thing is gonna keep rolling on, and as far as I can tell the zidware victims are hoping the agreement thingee works out and they finally end up with some games.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Was there no JJP POTC there to play?

There were three of them in the main vendor hall.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There were three of them in the main vendor hall.

Thanks E!

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Most of those were for tournaments.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah he was there for the deep root seminar as has been advertised for months.
    It was pretty brutal. he was peppered with questions by the audience about the zidware scam. He was booed. Some pissed off dude actually had to be restrained from attacking him, and the entire seminar was ended early dude to the ruckus.
    Psyche! None of that shit happened and if you didn't know the back story you'd have no idea he's a hated pariah. It appears the deep root thing is gonna keep rolling on, and as far as I can tell the zidware victims are hoping the agreement thingee works out and they finally end up with some games.

LOL......you had me going there for a second.

John

#36 5 years ago

The attendees. Vendors hall was awesome.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

LOL......you had me going there for a second.
    John

Did you make it there John?

#38 5 years ago

There wasn’t any fanfair but I thought “Kingpin” played great! The ramps were super smooth and it seemed really fun. I can’t wait to see a finished version. I hope they are able to manufacture a lot of them.

#39 5 years ago

Mike Nogle won Expo with his black & white Twilight Zone.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Mike Nogle won Expo with his black & white Twilight Zone.

That was fantastic! The only TZ I would ever consider owning , beautiful.

#41 5 years ago

I could say something corny like “Fun” but then someone wound post that FUN stands for F*cked Until Numb or some other nonsense so I’ll say something from the heart. I think pinball won. What I saw is a budding homegrown grassroots pinball resurgence and though money puts gas in the tank, its the passion that drives the car. I had fun and bought a new pinball machine. So I won. My vote was CGC, but maybe because I bought a MBrLE, I am biased.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-won-expo-2018?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.