• Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do u dare to choose!!”

• You ordered TH and you are sticking with it. 72 votes
    23%
  • You want one of these titles but are waiting to see pics of GOT first. 30 votes
    10%
  • GOT all the way. 121 votes
    39%
  • Neither, just to damn expensive or titles suck. Not your thing. 85 votes
    28%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_(resized).JPG
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
better_yet.jpg
Thrones.jpg
Hobbit.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

Wow. "GOT All The Way" but no "Hobbit All The Way" option. It should only be those two options to be a fair conparison but the options are geared to favor GOT of course! Rigged, lol.

1 month later
#176 8 years ago

It all depends on how good the code will be for GOT. TH is going to have incredible, interesting and deep code thanks to legendary pinball programmers Keith Johnson and Ted Estes. With GOT we don't know how well the code will be and how well it will be supported after release.

I do find the GOT premium / LE layout far more interesting then The Hobbits layout. TH really only has 4 shots that pass through an area being the two ramps, and 2 orbits. There appears to be 7 pass through shots in GOT. Also, the GOT layout just offers more variety then TH which is very symmetrical.

I do think that Smaug will be a cool toy but it's also the games central toy which doesn't interact with the ball compared to an entire mini playfield in GOT. The Hobbit really needed more variety in the toy department in my opinion. The game could have benefited heavily if the windlace "toy" (a pop up peg at the kickback...) was a motorized cannon that could hit any of the drop targets. Now that would have been amazing.

#179 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Hmmmm....

Hobbit.jpg Thrones.jpg

Wow. That GOT pro backglass makes the theme look like a crappy Sci-fi show. I don't even know Photoshop well and could come with something better in a few days.

3 months later
#191 8 years ago

I think both games will be winners long term. Just at both of the playfield pics below for each game, both look pretty awesome in my book. I still give the edge to The Hobbit though simply due to how much you are getting for the price compared to GOT, especially if you got in at $7500 or $8k.

hobbit-PF_(resized).jpghobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
got_(resized).JPGgot_(resized).JPG

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Must be $1700 more worth of toys on that baby!

How do you get $1700 more? GOT LE is what $7,800? Hobbit LE is $8500 right now so for $700 more you are getting a 27" LCD, mini LCD on the playfield, invisiglass, shaker motor, more drop targets, a more main interactive toy (there I said it, lol), far more code, far more audio, far more animations, etc. If you got in on TH at $7500 the game actually cost less then GOT LE...

or are we talking $1700 more for GOT LE over the premium? lol. That I don't understand either.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Premium GOT, I'll be paying 5800 for mine after I set up the way I wanted to pay for it.

Yeah I hear ya there. I don't see where Stern is justifying the $1700 increase over the premium with their LE. That's an amazing price for a premium, I would buy one too for that price.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the LE simply because I'm a huge fan of the show and I loved the artwork on the LE a lot better. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what version you get because all three are great games.
But Panzer, I have to tell you... you know I'm a HUGE WOZ fan and JJP supporter. But while TH is an absolute work of art and a gorgeous machine to look at, I just couldn't get into the game play. Doesn't matter how many toys or how high your BOM is, if the game's a snoozer, what's the point? GOT is an adrenaline rush like AC/DC is. I can't wait for the next reveal from JJP, though, because I WILL be a customer in the future.
That said, I'm also looking forward to some friends getting their Hobbit so I can play it at their place.

I hear ya and I felt the same way when I played it. That was nearly a year ago so I'm sure a lot has changed code wise with the game. Hopefully it plays a lot better now. Back then I just felt like the ball was bouncing all over the place with no real goals.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Buying LE's is just silly now......buying the premium and adding the few extras I want (shaker and a lighting mod or 2) maybe some siderails..... I'm good with that.

Agreed. You save a lot of money that way. I would love a Ghostbusters LE and from what we are hearing there isn't a premium. However, we all know Stern has gone back before and made a premium version...TWD. I can see them doing the same thing with Ghostbusters as I think the game is going to be a big seller if a lot of the rumors about the game (even if it doesn't have an LCD) are true.

For $1700 more GOT LE should come with a ColorDMD, invisi / PDI type glass, shaker motor, a more impressive LE plaque (not a tiny piece of metal you can barely read the text on) and their sold separately topper. If all of that came with the LE then I can see justifying the price, lol.

1 month later
#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GB vs TH is not even close. GB is still a Stern. I don't need to say anything else. JJP/TH RULES....

I'm a big JJP supporter, would pick TH over GOT but I would pick GB over TH. GB has far more unique shots, more unique and interesting toys, and far better artwork compared to TH in my opinion. My main complaint about TH is that all of the shots feel too similar and not really satisfying. The game still looks beautiful and will have an epic ruleset. Ghostbusters just seems far more interesting to me.

I was considering getting back in on TH but after seeing Ghostbusters I'm in on that game. I have a feeling that GB will go down as a top 10 pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.