• Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do u dare to choose!!”

• You ordered TH and you are sticking with it. 72 votes
    23%
  • You want one of these titles but are waiting to see pics of GOT first. 30 votes
    10%
  • GOT all the way. 121 votes
    39%
  • Neither, just to damn expensive or titles suck. Not your thing. 85 votes
    28%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_(resized).JPG
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
better_yet.jpg
Thrones.jpg
Hobbit.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 8 years ago

Both can win.

Its very likely one could buy a GOT, have it delivered, and play it for 6-12 months before they could otherwise even get a TH delivered.

So, buy a GOT, play the shit out of it for 6-12 months, then sell it when/if you can buy a TH (if you want)....

Win/win

#114 8 years ago

Art: Well, no question TH artwork is far more attractive than GoT
Display: Dont really care what fancy dots they do, TH also crushes GoT on display
Sound: dont know anything re: GoT, but would hard to beleive it could top TH here
Rules: too soon to tell, but suspect a close race here- eventually- given the pedigrees
Gameplay: cant comment yet, but i will say the GoT looks like it has POTENTIALY more interesting shots.
Availabilty: obviously With GoT shipping in less than weeks, a landslide win here.

So, I think TH crushes GoT on all the aesthetics. However, gameplay is still unknown, and its the ONE category (for me) that could trump all the others.

On things for sure- Ive seen enough that wouldnt even consider buying a GoT (or TH) without playing it myself first.

Btw- im HUGELY disappointed in the lack of effort towards the LCD. The disappointment made worse when i saw the items re: choosing a house to represent before starting the game, etc. This could have been done so well with the LCD... Sigh.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I wonder how many people would have chosen ACDC over the Hobbit if both were released at the same time & we were going to pick them on Art alone.

Or Magic Girl

2 weeks later
#164 8 years ago

Just saw the gameplay video on the GOT standard (aka strip down model).

Have to admit- game looks like a lot of FUN to play.... Code also looks better than I expected (from Stern).

Should make for an interesting matchup:

TH: looks gorgeously, all the bells and whistles (LCD, great sound, etc)
But gameplay looks a bit.... Well... Uninspired.

GOT: decidedly NOT gorgeous (at least what we've seen so far)
But looks like it could be a great playing machine.

What will people granvitate to? Beauty or Gameplay?

#170 8 years ago

I wonder how long it will take to find both sitting out in the wild

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Playing one ball on software that was still over a year from being finished is not informative to determine no interest in further play.
It might be worth further play when the game is finished.

"I played 8 games and it was a blast" vs "I played one ball and it was enough" says nothing about either game.

First- you're assuming Sterns software is finished for GOT... that would be a first! - I'd assume you will see it take that same year to get it finalized...

You obviously disagree with the opinion- but I think it *IS* telling to get feedback from someone who's played both games.... suggesting it "says nothing about either game" is patently false. It's one persons opinion,nothing more, but also no less!

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Completely useless information, especially since he played both games at different stages of completion.

I was trying (and apparently failing ) to make a tongue-in-cheek dig at Stern and suggesting a typical Stern title is still a year+ away from software completion and as such- it WAS a more fair comparison.

3 months later
#215 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How do you get $1700 more? GOT LE is what $7,800? Hobbit LE is $8500 right now so for $700 more you are getting ....

Yup,

But for $8500, you should also be getting a straight answer on when your machine is shipping....

So, neither company is perfect.

1 month later
#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I finally got to play about 30 - 45 minutes each on TH, TWD, and GOT today.
I am very happy to report I am gladly sticking to my hobbit order. My son and I really loved the hobbit, and man oh man is the hobbit a sexy beast!
All very good games - I give the nod to the hobbit.

Did you go to Boxcar?

I was there from like noon-1:30.... I figured everyone would going yesterday...

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I may have some of my facts mixed up but when I talked to jack just a week or two ago, he said there's approx 200 more call outs recorded for Smaug, just not implemented yet.

That's one thing I just don't understand.

With all the delays in TH, presumably becuase of the playfield rework, I don't understand why the software isn't further along? I had assumed one benefit of the delay would be theyd have over a year longer to refine the software for launch....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.