• Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do u dare to choose!!”

• You ordered TH and you are sticking with it. 72 votes
    23%
  • You want one of these titles but are waiting to see pics of GOT first. 30 votes
    10%
  • GOT all the way. 121 votes
    39%
  • Neither, just to damn expensive or titles suck. Not your thing. 85 votes
    28%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_(resized).JPG
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
better_yet.jpg
Thrones.jpg
Hobbit.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#200 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, the nice thing about TH is that the ball moves so slowly, you have time to look up and watch all the pretty scenes from the movie. Look up during a game of GOT, and you won't have a ball to play anymore.

I don't think TH is slow. It is a wide body but not bad. The only reason I lost the ball on GOT is because I walked away during game play I was so damn bored.

#201 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I don't think TH is slow. It is a wide body but not bad. The only reason I lost the ball on GOT is because I walked away during game play I was so damn bored.

Pretty sure that didn't happen...and if it did, the power wasn't on.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Must be $1700 more worth of toys on that baby!

How do you get $1700 more? GOT LE is what $7,800? Hobbit LE is $8500 right now so for $700 more you are getting a 27" LCD, mini LCD on the playfield, invisiglass, shaker motor, more drop targets, a more main interactive toy (there I said it, lol), far more code, far more audio, far more animations, etc. If you got in on TH at $7500 the game actually cost less then GOT LE...

or are we talking $1700 more for GOT LE over the premium? lol. That I don't understand either.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How do you get $1700 more? GOT LE is what $7,800? Hobbit LE is $8500 right now so for $700 more you are getting a 27" LCD, mini LCD on the playfield, invisiglass, shaker motor, more drop targets, a more main interactive toy (there I said it, lol), far more code, far more audio, far more animations, etc. If you got in on TH at $7500 the game actually cost less then GOT LE...
or are we talking $1700 more for GOT LE over the premium? lol. That I don't understand either.

Premium GOT, I'll be paying 5800 for mine after I set up the way I wanted to pay for it.

Edit-----oops, 5900 I'll pay, just checked I was off by a hundy.

Re-edit-----Before I get a ton more PM's, this was not a distrib price, I will use a credit card that gives 10 month free financing and $500 cash back after I spend 4500 in the first 3 months.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Premium GOT, I'll be paying 5800 for mine after I set up the way I wanted to pay for it.

Yeah I hear ya there. I don't see where Stern is justifying the $1700 increase over the premium with their LE. That's an amazing price for a premium, I would buy one too for that price.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah I hear ya there. I don't see where Stern is justifying the $1700 increase over the premium with their LE.

Buying LE's is just silly now......buying the premium and adding the few extras I want (shaker and a lighting mod or 2) maybe some siderails..... I'm good with that.

#206 8 years ago

Got the LE simply because I'm a huge fan of the show and I loved the artwork on the LE a lot better. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what version you get because all three are great games.

But Panzer, I have to tell you... you know I'm a HUGE WOZ fan and JJP supporter. But while TH is an absolute work of art and a gorgeous machine to look at, I just couldn't get into the game play. Doesn't matter how many toys or how high your BOM is, if the game's a snoozer, what's the point? GOT is an adrenaline rush like AC/DC is. I can't wait for the next reveal from JJP, though, because I WILL be a customer in the future.

That said, I'm also looking forward to some friends getting their Hobbit so I can play it at their place.

#207 8 years ago

I just have a tough time with the mentality that one has to be bad for the other to be good. That just isn't true in pinball. Both can be good. I already know that GOT is amazing because I play it almost every day. Hopefully I'll get some real play on Hobbit soon. In my world they can both be great.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got the LE simply because I'm a huge fan of the show and I loved the artwork on the LE a lot better. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what version you get because all three are great games.
But Panzer, I have to tell you... you know I'm a HUGE WOZ fan and JJP supporter. But while TH is an absolute work of art and a gorgeous machine to look at, I just couldn't get into the game play. Doesn't matter how many toys or how high your BOM is, if the game's a snoozer, what's the point? GOT is an adrenaline rush like AC/DC is. I can't wait for the next reveal from JJP, though, because I WILL be a customer in the future.
That said, I'm also looking forward to some friends getting their Hobbit so I can play it at their place.

I hear ya and I felt the same way when I played it. That was nearly a year ago so I'm sure a lot has changed code wise with the game. Hopefully it plays a lot better now. Back then I just felt like the ball was bouncing all over the place with no real goals.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Buying LE's is just silly now......buying the premium and adding the few extras I want (shaker and a lighting mod or 2) maybe some siderails..... I'm good with that.

Agreed. You save a lot of money that way. I would love a Ghostbusters LE and from what we are hearing there isn't a premium. However, we all know Stern has gone back before and made a premium version...TWD. I can see them doing the same thing with Ghostbusters as I think the game is going to be a big seller if a lot of the rumors about the game (even if it doesn't have an LCD) are true.

For $1700 more GOT LE should come with a ColorDMD, invisi / PDI type glass, shaker motor, a more impressive LE plaque (not a tiny piece of metal you can barely read the text on) and their sold separately topper. If all of that came with the LE then I can see justifying the price, lol.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agreed. You save a lot of money that way. I would love a Ghostbusters LE and from what we are hearing there isn't a premium. However, we all know Stern has gone back before and made a premium version...TWD. I can see them doing the same thing with Ghostbusters as I think the game is going to be a big seller if a lot of the rumors about the game (even if it doesn't have an LCD) are true.
For $1700 more GOT LE should come with a ColorDMD, invisi / PDI type glass, shaker motor, a more impressive LE plaque (not a tiny piece of metal you can barely read the text on) and their sold separately topper. If all of that came with the LE then I can see justifying the price, lol.

I'm not into the display hype, whether it's a color DMD or the nice displays in a JJP, makes no difference to me, all I care about is the playfield experience.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'm not into the display hype, whether it's a color DMD or the nice displays in a JJP, makes no difference to me, all I care about is the playfield experience.

The DMD display in Game of Thrones lets it down. I love the game, but I want better display technology that can give me more information at a glance. I want a damn LCD that contains all my vital status at once. I understand people's arguments against the JJP screen size. I don't agree, but I understand. However one thing JJP does much better is convey vital information instantly. It's all right there on the main play screen. They hit that out of the park. I don't care how Stern does it going forward, but give me the information I need to progress as I play. Don't give me a crappy row on a DMD that shrinks as time goes away, give me a counter, and tell me how many shots are left.

Imagine an LCD in GOT that gives you all of your house counts, and WIC counts, timers on your multipliers counting down, everything could be there all the time, and clear scenes from the show instead of pixilated garbage. The instant info could go through active rule maps like WOZ did (which was amazingly well done). Instead I have the worst video since SM.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The DMD display in Game of Thrones lets it down. I love the game, but I want better display technology that can give me more information at a glance. I want a damn LCD that contains all my vital status at once. I understand people's arguments against the JJP screen size. I don't agree, but I understand. However one thing JJP does much better is convey vital information instantly. It's all right there on the main play screen. They hit that out of the park. I don't care how Stern does it going forward, but give me the information I need to progress as I play. Don't give me a crappy row on a DMD that shrinks as time goes away, give me a counter, and tell me how many shots are left.
Imagine an LCD in GOT that gives you all of your house counts, and WIC counts, timers on your multipliers counting down, everything could be there all the time, and clear scenes from the show instead of pixilated garbage. The instant info could go through active rule maps like WOZ did (which was amazingly well done). Instead I have the worst video since SM.

I like the low no fancy display price Stern offers.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just have a tough time with the mentality that one has to be bad for the other to be good. That just isn't true in pinball. Both can be good. I already know that GOT is amazing because I play it almost every day. Hopefully I'll get some real play on Hobbit soon. In my world they can both be great.

I totally agree. Didn't mean to come across that way if I did. Just saying TH wasn't good for ME.

#214 8 years ago

Not a fan of either theme. Made it through 30 mins of GOT before turning it off. Hobbit movies bored/ticked me off.

Both games interest me. GOT is ugly, but the flow and early code look promising.

Hobbit is the better looking of the two. Better toys. More modern looking with the LCD, but also more expensive.

If I were to buy one I'd lean toward hobbit. Part of that is based off how JJP has handled WOZ. They have continued to support the code and the game is incredibly deep. Stern is wishy washy and it could be years before they polish GOT if ever.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

How do you get $1700 more? GOT LE is what $7,800? Hobbit LE is $8500 right now so for $700 more you are getting ....

Yup,

But for $8500, you should also be getting a straight answer on when your machine is shipping....

So, neither company is perfect.

1 month later
#217 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

GOT is going to slowly gobble up TH funds, then Spidey is going to Finish it!
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has been hidden automatically, as per your settings. un-hideimages.jpeg 1

Add to that GB ...man Stern is sucking up Pin funds left an right.
I would venture to say Stern is halfway if not surpassed TH presales at this point with GB.

#218 8 years ago

GB is gonna kill the hobbit. Haha

#219 8 years ago

There is no doubt that GB is visually stunning. But it still has a DMD (not even color!), cheap plastic apron and code that won't be complete for a least one to two years. I'll happily keep my Hobbit and if GB proves to be as fun as it looks, buy one in a year or two from now. It won't be killing TH.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

There is no doubt that GB is visually stunning. But it still has a DMD (not even color!), cheap plastic apron and code that won't be complete for a least one to two years. I'll happily keep my Hobbit and if GB proves to be as fun as it looks, buy one in a year or two from now. It won't be killing TH.

I was talking in sales. The hobbit looks and plays great, I just think with stern delivering these within months and not years and their compacity, the revenues earned from GB will crush TH.

#221 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GB is gonna kill the hobbit. Haha

GB won't kill my Hobbit order one bit! However, GB will probably kill my STLE!
I thought Hobbit kicked ass when I played it at expo. I know it will be much better when it's in my home. I'll set it up much faster than the shows do!
I sure do hope ghostbusters will be even better as well! Win-win

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was talking in sales. The hobbit looks and plays great, I just think with stern delivering these within months and not years and their compacity, the revenues earned from GB will crush TH.

To be fair and put a few things in perspective; most hobbit sales were from what, 3 years ago? So not much will be taken away from hobbit and put into sterns GB account.

As for myself, Hobbit won me over between the two, put my deposit down yesterday. Thing about GB is that it looks so good, so awesome, that I know I will get one but want it long term and don't want to get a sour taste from early buyer syndrome and deal with nuisances and headaches, both mechanically & code wise. I've learned my lesson from that. It happens time and time again, Just ask GOT LE and WOZ owners about that.

As for hobbit, played it last week. Fell in love. I'll get mine with mature code and ironed out bugs. Sure I'll have to wait, but what else am I gonna get? Plus, Nows a good time to spend with the family in my current life so that plays a factor too. GOT pro is plenty to hold me over for awhile.

#223 8 years ago

GB vs TH is not even close. GB is still a Stern. I don't need to say anything else. JJP/TH RULES....

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GB vs TH is not even close. GB is still a Stern. I don't need to say anything else. JJP/TH RULES....

Have you gotten yours yet?

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

The GB Prem/LE matrix says it has a metal apron

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The GB Prem/LE matrix says it has a metal apron

I never checked the matrix until now. But yes, I now see the LE/Prem comes with a metal apron. GB is also packed with a whole seven - count em' seven - color-changing RGB LEDs. Impressive.

#227 8 years ago

I finally got to play about 30 - 45 minutes each on TH, TWD, and GOT today.

I am very happy to report I am gladly sticking to my hobbit order. My son and I really loved the hobbit, and man oh man is the hobbit a sexy beast!

All very good games - I give the nod to the hobbit.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have you gotten yours yet?

No you?

#229 8 years ago

I cancelled mine. Have been enjoying GOT LE ever since.

BTW...I wasn't being snarky with my last post. I really was wondering if you got yours, and interested to see what you think when you do.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I cancelled mine. Have been enjoying GOT LE ever since.
BTW...I wasn't being snarky with my last post. I really was wondering if you got yours, and interested to see what you think when you do.

It's all good. I think if you played TH at home, you will sell GOT..

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm a big JJP supporter, would pick TH over GOT but I would pick GB over TH. GB has far more unique shots, more unique and interesting toys, and far better artwork compared to TH in my opinion. My main complaint about TH is that all of the shots feel too similar and not really satisfying. The game still looks beautiful and will have an epic ruleset. Ghostbusters just seems far more interesting to me.

I was considering getting back in on TH but after seeing Ghostbusters I'm in on that game. I have a feeling that GB will go down as a top 10 pin.

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It's all good. I think if you played TH at home, you will sell GOT..

Look...you know I'm a huge WOZ and JJP fan, right? I've got my three favorite machines lined up: GOT, WOZ, and IJ. I play GOT and hop over to IJ. WOZ has been taking a rest for a while. And I have to tell you, if I heard Smaug say "My teeth are like swords!" one more time, I was going to claw my eyes out. Now I actually understand why some people were annoyed by WOZ.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I finally got to play about 30 - 45 minutes each on TH, TWD, and GOT today.
I am very happy to report I am gladly sticking to my hobbit order. My son and I really loved the hobbit, and man oh man is the hobbit a sexy beast!
All very good games - I give the nod to the hobbit.

Did you go to Boxcar?

I was there from like noon-1:30.... I figured everyone would going yesterday...

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Look...you know I'm a huge WOZ and JJP fan, right? I've got my three favorite machines lined up: GOT, WOZ, and IJ. I play GOT and hop over to IJ. WOZ has been taking a rest for a while. And I have to tell you, if I heard Smaug say "My teeth are like swords!" one more time, I was going to claw my eyes out. Now I actually understand why some people were annoyed by WOZ.

I may have some of my facts mixed up but when I talked to jack just a week or two ago, he said there's approx 200 more call outs recorded for Smaug, just not implemented yet.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I may have some of my facts mixed up but when I talked to jack just a week or two ago, he said there's approx 200 more call outs recorded for Smaug, just not implemented yet.

That's one thing I just don't understand.

With all the delays in TH, presumably becuase of the playfield rework, I don't understand why the software isn't further along? I had assumed one benefit of the delay would be theyd have over a year longer to refine the software for launch....

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

That's one thing I just don't understand.
With all the delays in TH, presumably becuase of the playfield rework, I don't understand why the software isn't further along? I had assumed one benefit of the delay would be theyd have over a year longer to refine the software for launch....

From my understanding, the programming had to start on Pat's game as well. I think a lot of WOZ owners can chime in.. He has done a fantastic job updating WOZ.. GB looks decent. To tell you the truth, it really looks to damn busy on the playfield. The colors wash themselves out. Just my thoughts...

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I had assumed one benefit of the delay would be theyd have over a year longer to refine the software for launch....

I'm sure it is.

I'm not concerned with repetitive speech at this point. I expect it will be like WOZ, get the basics in first then refine and polish.

#238 8 years ago

The code will come. All the big woz releases lately have involved the underlying os so I suspect they are fine tuning there first before doing a lot of work on th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.