• Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do u dare to choose!!”

• You ordered TH and you are sticking with it. 72 votes
    23%
  • You want one of these titles but are waiting to see pics of GOT first. 30 votes
    10%
  • GOT all the way. 121 votes
    39%
  • Neither, just to damn expensive or titles suck. Not your thing. 85 votes
    28%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_(resized).JPG
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
better_yet.jpg
Thrones.jpg
Hobbit.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 8 years ago

and for the record. I fawking hate kiss as a band. I love Hobbit/lotr as a theme. So what does that tell you? Id rather own a kiss than a hobbit and played both extensively.

#52 8 years ago

The winner is the one that sells the most. Is there are single person here that thinks TH will even come close to selling half as many games as GOT? My prediction is GOT (all models combined) will outsell TH (all models combined) by 4x. Too bad we will never know the true numbers.

#53 8 years ago

Both can win.

Its very likely one could buy a GOT, have it delivered, and play it for 6-12 months before they could otherwise even get a TH delivered.

So, buy a GOT, play the shit out of it for 6-12 months, then sell it when/if you can buy a TH (if you want)....

Win/win

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

and for the record. I fawking hate kiss as a band. I love Hobbit/lotr as a theme. So what does that tell you? Id rather own a kiss than a hobbit and played both extensively.

Hey Neo, good post. Most people can't at all say they've played both machines. What was it about TH? Just boring? When I watch gameplay I'm like "This game looks fantastic." However, at the end of the day there really aren't many challenging shots that make you want to come back for more. I have NOT played the game so pure speculation. Just curious on your thoughts as to why.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The winner is the one that sells the most. Is there are single person here that thinks TH will even come close to selling half as many games as GOT? My prediction is GOT (all models combined) will outsell TH (all models combined) by 4x. Too bad we will never know the true numbers.

That would only be a valid comparison if all GOT were LE priced.... Stern will always win on sales volume as long as they keep their prices less than the competition, no matter if the game is a turd or not.

#56 8 years ago

We're the real winners here. We get to choose between 2 pins instead of one.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

This will ship out first. No contest. Gotta love these troll threads.
11954719_10100190379515383_361387542001425155_n.jpg

Being that your off topic and bitching you are the troll in this thread

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

You act like you need to buy NIB 7 of top 10 games are Williams/Bally lot of good games out there with finished code.

That is if you really believe the top 100 poll is accurate these days.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That is if you really believe the top 100 poll is accurate these days.

The top 100 is pure opinion accurate is subjective

#60 8 years ago

I already started this poll

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hey Neo, good post. Most people can't at all say they've played both machines. What was it about TH? Just boring? When I watch gameplay I'm like "This game looks fantastic." However, at the end of the day there really aren't many challenging shots that make you want to come back for more. I have NOT played the game so pure speculation. Just curious on your thoughts as to why.

Like WOZ, there are no shots that are really satisfying. Wide open playfield offers you a whole lot of nothing - just targets around the outskirts & two ramp shots that are way too far back. Code & presentation can make it palatable...but they said that about WOZ - if you don't like the playfield design, code can only do so much.

#62 8 years ago

Why doesn't TH have a close by scoop or side loops or close up ramp like Potc for example? what the good of a wide body pin if you don't utilize half the real estate? On Woz there was the problem of too much upper PF area. In The Hobbit I just don't see a lot of satisfying shots, and I'm not in love with the ramps on either JJP game.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Like WOZ, there are no shots that are really satisfying

And too many trolls popping up. I'm sure that's a code thing but it didn't intrerest me that much.

#64 8 years ago

Stern won't be able to get away with the empty playfield model of their last several titles on GOT. There's just too much going on with the story to settle for a couple of bash toys and a magnet.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And too many trolls popping up. I'm sure that's a code thing but it didn't intrerest me that much.

It doesn't matter, I heard TH licensing is going to expire before the game even gets built.

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It doesn't matter, I heard TH licensing is going to expire before the game even gets built.

If Stern steps in at that point to scoop the licence for a few million (basically whatever Jack can't afford) then JJP = RIP .

Far fetched, but IF it were to go down that way, we all lose.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

A negative rumor about JJP from SilverNutz...shocking.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

A negative rumor about JJP from SilverNutz...shocking.

Well he's got a Royal Rumble avatar so obviously he knows high class machines

#69 8 years ago

Why can't Jack build TH is he out of money like Jpop?

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why can't Jack build TH is he out of money like Jpop?

Exactly. I have been told for the last 5 months "waiting on parts".

#71 8 years ago

My problem is with the title of this topic:

"Who will win!! GOT or TH"

"!" is called an exclamation point, however, your title is more of a question.
For that, those of us that made it through grade school, know the proper punctuation is a "?" question mark.

So, please post a question, or post you opinion, but please don't try to confuse us with this trolling post.

#72 8 years ago

Dupe post. Sorry... Pinside didn't like javascript disabled

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

"!" is called an exclamation point, however, your title is more of a question.

Well it should be an exclamation point because it's a dumb question.
Whom will win wHat? Sales numbers they don't release? Pinside Ratings that are completely useless? Mythological Dragon rankings which obviously Dragoon by interflip wins.....whole thing is fucking stupid.

#74 8 years ago

What's better a pin that no one has seen or one that is at least a year late? !

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Typical Moderator response… B O R I N G!

Hopefully they both will be great and the community will spend every last dime they have. SEND MONEY NOW!!!

Is that better?

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully they both will be great and the community will spend every last dime they have. SEND MONEY NOW!!!
Is that better?

In the meantime we can continue to be plagued by annoying stupid posts by annoying people.

Who will win? Who F ing cares.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In the meantime we can continue to be plagued by annoying stupid posts by annoying people. .

Well... Pinside and all.
Same place we are bombarded by "how to clean my machine" threads.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

really? Have you played the HOBBIT? KIss plays better than the hobbit. Stern has already beaten them.

Nope! Played it last night for a while, can't say I ever care to again!

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he's got a Royal Rumble Avatar so obviously he knows high class machines

What the hell is that ugly avatar you have

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

What the hell is that ugly Avatar you have

Pinball Magic captive ball area.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Pinball Magic captive ball area.

Quoted from ek77:

What the hell is that ugly Avatar you have

I always thought that it was a Hungry Hungry Hippo or something.

#82 8 years ago

Both will be good. My money would be GOT. This poll will be better after Expo when people have played both. It's the beginning of Sept, GOT pros should be on the line by then. Unless GOT has some crippling flaw like the WWE ring thing, it should be popular.

I think JJP will sell a lot of Hobbits, but I will take a lot longer to sell them than Stern and GOT.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Both will be good. My money would be GOT. This poll will be better after Expo when people have played both. It's the beginning of Sept, GOT pros should be on the line by then. Unless GOT has some crippling flaw like the WWE ring thing, it should be popular.
I think JJP will sell a lot of Hobbits, but I will take a lot longer to sell them than Stern and GOT.

I like that this thread i now before GOT is out. A lot have already said TH is dead with GOT being announced. I want to see if they feel the same way when its out..

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well he's got a Royal Rumble Avatar so obviously he knows high class machines

What makes a machine "high class"?
If a wwf is redone by hep, is it high class?

#85 8 years ago
#86 8 years ago

I will go with GOT Prem probably if the pro looks remotely good. wasn't a fan of LOTR, but then again I haven't played TH, but if smeigal talks to me during game he might convince me to get the precious.

#87 8 years ago

GOT is bound to have a great playfield, but who knows what will happen with the code.

The Hobbit is bound to have great code, but the playfield is kind of eh.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

GOT is bound to have a great playfield, but who knows what will happen with the code.
The Hobbit is bound to have great code, but the playfield is kind of eh.

Let's wait and see. Perhaps GOT will also have awesome code and the Hobbit playfield will be much more fun than you think.

Perhaps it's not a Hobbit vs. Got here. Both companies trying to give their best, that's good for us. Perhaps One of the games will end up in the top 5, the other one in the top 10. Who knows? And who will then be the winner?

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Can't stand the layout. Big open space of nothing. 3rd flipper that would have had better use being mounted the coin door and hit you in the nuts every time you flipped. Lock buttons that redirect the ball movement because of shitty placement (usually sends it down the center). Uneventful toys. A LCD screen that looks more out of place than dreads on wall street. Do not care for the layout at all. But I did like everything about the software. From the animations, call outs and design. So software is great. Playfield is ass.

#90 8 years ago

Same here, I hated playing TH, even had a long game on it with multiball, etc...
two ramps that are the same, ugly vuks, ugly dragon, too wiiiiiide open playfield, annoying trolls and rollover buttons.
I don't like rollover buttons to lite a lock like woz and th.
I like them more like wcs94 where you can shoot for the goal hoping you'll lite it getting all 4 buttons in a row and then the goal

#91 8 years ago

Both will do great.
Its just like playstation vs xbox.
Who cares.

#92 8 years ago

This just proves the "fanboy" percentages since no one has really seen let alone played GOT

#93 8 years ago

I'm probably taking both! stick that in your poll.

#94 8 years ago

Just saw the pictures of GOT. From appearances, TH wins this round. Stern blew it with the art and cabinet.
Play, sounds, and call outs, will be final determining factors for the winner is my guess.

#95 8 years ago

Win what? GOT LE will be out before TH so it wins the battle in my opinion, both games will need to be released for at least a year until proper judgment can be made as to which pin is more succesful, win? whichever I like the best, do not care what anyone else thinks, sorry but this is a foolish thread.

#96 8 years ago

Timing .....Stern
Artwork....JJP
Gameplay....Have to give it to JJP

untitled.pnguntitled.png

#97 8 years ago

Just saw the GOT pro pics today.... So it's $6k for a bare PF game Now? Very disappointing ...

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Timing .....Stern
Artwork....JJP

Timing - Stern
Artwork - JJP
Gameplay - have to disagree here...seems like there's lots more to do on GOT premium/LE, so Stern
Display/Shaker - JJP

For me, I score it as a tie. Which means pinball--and pinball lovers--win. Take yer' pick...or buy 'em both!

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

When did you play GOT?

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

When did you play GOT?

You truly beleive it will come with completed code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.