• Latest reply 8 years ago by clg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which one do u dare to choose!!”

• You ordered TH and you are sticking with it. 72 votes
    23%
  • You want one of these titles but are waiting to see pics of GOT first. 30 votes
    10%
  • GOT all the way. 121 votes
    39%
  • Neither, just to damn expensive or titles suck. Not your thing. 85 votes
    28%

(308 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

got_(resized).JPG
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
better_yet.jpg
Thrones.jpg
Hobbit.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
untitled.png
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 8 years ago

The title says it all. I know we have not seem GOT yet but I'm sure pics are coming asap.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I think GoT Pro will ship way before TH. GoT LEs will ship before TH....for that matter the next Stern title will ship before TH.

So buy GoT then see if you still like it by the time standard TH come around.

#3 8 years ago

GOT is going to slowly gobble up TH funds, then Spidey is going to Finish it!

#4 8 years ago

i used to be pumped with TH, it's so late... i don't care anymore.
with stern a few weeks after the announcement the game is available.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i used to be pumped with TH, it's so late... i don't care anymore.
with stern a few weeks after the announcement the game is available.

I know how u feel. I have played it 10 times at the shows, seen the movies, seen all the delays. Now what??? Wait another year. GOT from what I have heard is Mid to late October for release date. Hmmmmm isn't that when TH us supposed to start shipping or production?

#6 8 years ago

I have a deposit on TH (credit card), and really liked what I saw at ReplayFX but the wait without any information on the production schedule is ridiculous.

I haven't watched GOT but will be surprised if the pin isn't excellent given how long it's been since Star Trek and that Ritchie seems to be focused on upholding his legacy.

I'm already close to the end of my rope on waiting for TH, and will definitely be canceling if I order GOT. Will just buy TH down the road - probably at a lower price since I wasn't in that early.

At the end of the day though, it's a fantastic hobby and I'm really fortunate to be pondering whether to buy GOT, TH or both.

#7 8 years ago

Who will win...? Pfft.

More like GoT already won. In fact, I'll bet GoT gets released and Stern makes and ships 2 MORE titles before Hobbit even gets out the door.

I love the 2 year delay these two companies have going: 2 years for code from Stern or two years for a GAME from JJP.

Personally, I'd take the game.

#8 8 years ago

JJP's The Hobbit seems like such an "old idea or concept" already. I was excited over 2 years ago, but now the excitement has faded.
Sometimes I feel like they've beaten Wizard of Oz like a dead horse already.

#9 8 years ago

Wow. "GOT All The Way" but no "Hobbit All The Way" option. It should only be those two options to be a fair conparison but the options are geared to favor GOT of course! Rigged, lol.

#10 8 years ago

I'd say we all win with two great themes dropping soon! Gotta love choices and competition. I love how people are voting without seeing, playing, or hearing a scrap from GoT! LOL! Oh Pinside!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I love how people are voting without seeing, playing, or hearing a scrap from GoT! LOL! Oh Pinside!

Bottom line though, you put money down on a GOT now, you are going to get it way before TH. If you don't like it you can quickly sell and put that $ towards whatever next pin you want to splurge on.

Let be honest, no one here is skipping mortgage payments (except me) to buy these high priced toys. Its all good!

#12 8 years ago

two pins enter, one pin leaves. Welcome to Thunderdome!

#13 8 years ago

And don't forget GOT is a Steve Richie. Richie is the man! I love almost all his pins. Crazy kick ass flow. If they redo Spidey I'm toast. It's double down on Richie all day long. Kablammo!

#14 8 years ago

Seriously? Anyone making a decision at this stage before knowing what GOT actually looks like is asking for trouble.
For me GOT has a far superior theme BUT who knows how well it's been done?

The UK price for the LE has just been announced at $12,000 and for that money I'd expect the machine to be a total mind blower.

Fingers crossed it's great. If so maybe I'll buy one but at the price point it would have to tick all the boxes for me.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

The UK price for the LE has just been announced at $12,000

(...) If so maybe I'll buy one but at the price point it would have to tick all the boxes for me

$12k !? Guess that's VAT included. No price announced here but should be the same league... Above 10,000 € ?
Good to know you will still tick boxes at $12k... I can't.

Let me see the bright side : may be this will mean more ST Pro, Mustang Pro and ACDC on the secondary market (I am looking for one of them)!

#16 8 years ago

I was in on TH but as time went by the dollar for us here in Europe went up so I cancelled. Best thing to do as I do not understand this: Jack is advertising to order TH now and get it early 2016. And he is saying he has got 1500 pre-orders. They can build about 40-60 a week (supposedly). How does this add up ? Either they deliver the later orders first or they deliver the orders that are placed now too late.

Actually I am hoping that everything goes well with JJP as I really like the style of the games and it is best to have some healthy competition to promote some kind of innovation, but I really hate to be lied to, therefore my money goes to GoT if it is any good.

#17 8 years ago

Hopefully both are awesome and the community wins.

#18 8 years ago

JJP pins are solid built works of art, with that B/W feel to them. Stern pins are also works of art, but with a slightly more 'economical' feel, and both are tons of fun.

I'm hoping JJP can pull the timeline together with the new money invested and really up the game.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hopefully both are awesome and the community wins.

Typical Moderator response… B O R I N G!

#20 8 years ago

You left out those buying both.

#21 8 years ago

Who will win??? Win what?

#22 8 years ago

Hobbit is so late that even Jack is not giving dates any more as so many shipping dates have been given they have become meaningless.

GOT will be in people's houses in a few months - that is what counts?

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Meatneck:

two pins enter, one pin leaves. Welcome to Thunderdome!

Two pins announced, one never shows up. Welcome to Pindome!

#24 8 years ago

Why can't i have both?

#25 8 years ago

This will ship out first. No contest. Gotta love these troll threads.

#26 8 years ago

I'll vote right after I play GOT. I've played TH, so right now, TH is winning.

Hey, who is going to start the GOT code bitching thread first? Now that we are speculating, I'm betting Flashinstinct.

#27 8 years ago

Need an option for "Did not pre-order TH but will get one once they enter production".

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Why can't i have both?

I'm pretty sure you can, lol.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm pretty sure you can, lol.

Then needs to be added to poll

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Ah, I get it now.

I'm still waking up.

#31 8 years ago

My point is i'm tired of these troll threads and was just trying to make a point. Buy whatever machine turns you on, who cares who manufactures it. Wait till available to play before buying or save some money and take your chances. Its all up to the consumer. Choices are good, I want both!

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Who will win??? Win what?

Meaning who will sell more, which will be a better pin, which will come out first, everything.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There was only 4 poles that can be added "I think". If I could add 10 I would.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'll vote right after I play GOT. I've played TH, so right now, TH is winning.
Hey, who is going to start the GOT code bitching thread first? Now that we are speculating, I'm betting Flashinstinct.

As soon as GOT was announced everyone started bashing TH. Some pinheads don't even need to see the pin first. They figure it's Stern so it must be good. How many times has Stern announced a pinball, everyone gets excited and it ends up sucking.

#35 8 years ago

Pinball wins, potential for 2 new good games. Plus TH is a unique layout for a widebody and if rumors are true GOT is a different layout with a good sized upper playfield. New games and layouts are great for the hobby.

#36 8 years ago

Both games will sell just fine I'm sure and since nobody ever releases production numbers any longer we'll never know which gets more made anyway. I think it's safe to say GOT will be shipping before TH but it will be relatively close (hopefully for TH customers.) As far as the "better" game, it will be the usual JJP die-hards against the Stern die-hards with the same old rhetoric from both sides. No surprises here.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

And don't forget GOT is a Steve Richie. Richie is the man! I love almost all his pins. Crazy kick ass flow. If they redo Spidey I'm toast. It's double down on Richie all day long. Kablammo!

Yes, "Ritchie" is the man!

#38 8 years ago

For sure JJP is the loser for having Stern's killer counter punch not only ready, but EARLY once again.

AC/DC was supposed to be ready to counter WoZ, it beat it by however long. Appears to be happening again...

We are the winners for having great new games. And we are also losers for having so much "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" given code/decal/other Stern issues.

It is pretty bad when shipping a feature complete / code complete / well tested game at launch would literally blow our minds. You know that $8K plus toy we are selling? It is finished when it is ready for sale! (OMG MINDBLOWN!)

And unless things have changed, you can add up to ~10 poll options, I think there may be a button to keep adding rows. I have not done it in a while though... but it WAS possible.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from AaronJames:

Sometimes I feel like they've beaten Wizard of Oz like a dead horse already.

Look at there FB pg they still are.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

For sure JJP is the loser for having Stern's killer counter punch not only ready, but EARLY once again.
AC/DC was supposed to be ready to counter WoZ, it beat it by however long. Appears to be happening again...
We are the winners for having great new games. And we are also losers for having so much "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" given code/decal/other Stern issues.
It is pretty bad when shipping a feature complete / code complete / well tested game at launch would literally blow our minds. You know that $8K plus toy we are selling? It is finished when it is ready for sale! (OMG MINDBLOWN!)
And unless things have changed, you can add up to ~10 poll options, I think there may be a button to keep adding rows. I have not done it in a while though... but it WAS possible.

You act like you need to buy NIB 7 of top 10 games are Williams/Bally lot of good games out there with finished code.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

You act like you need to buy NIB 7 of top 10 games are Williams/Bally lot of good games out there with finished code.

You don't NEED to buy NIB only to enjoy pinball? Huh.

I thought you were supposed to throw these things away after a few hundred plays. They are not all used up and useless after about 6 months of light home use?

#42 8 years ago

The Hobbit Movies < Game of Thrones TV Series
=
The Hobbit Pinball > Game of Thrones Pinball ??

Isn't that usually how it works?

(Im not voting till unveil on Tuesday!)

#43 8 years ago

I have a WOZ but that theme is timeless. The Hobbit would have been cool in 2012 or whenever the first one came out, then played for the next few years and gone through its cycle like other movie based pinballs. Its now irrelevant and still no idea when it will ship. How amazing would it have been to have the game at all of the movie openings, and operators would have raked in the money. I just dont get what JJP is doing. I appreciate what they are trying and at least made WOZ which really turned the industry on to what is possible with newer tech, but delay after delay has clearly turned off most, with preorders coming up all the time for sale as people are sick of it. They had a chance to become a real threat, like sega did to EA sports with football, but they have dropped the ball.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

You don't NEED to buy NIB only to enjoy pinball? Huh.
I thought you were supposed to throw these things away after a few hundred plays. They are not all used up and useless after about 6 months of light home use?

That's only Stern games

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The Hobbit Movies < Game of Thrones TV Series
=
The Hobbit Pinball > Game of Thrones Pinball ??
Isn't that usually how it works?
(Im not voting till unveil on Tuesday!)

Or you can wait until you actually PLAY them both. It's not an art contest, for God's sake!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

I have a WOZ but that theme is timeless. The Hobbit would have been cool in 2012 or whenever the first one came out... How amazing would it have been to have the game at all of the movie openings, and operators would have raked in the money.

Wasn't that the ORIGINAL plan...? I don't even know anymore.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There was only 4 poles that can be added "I think". If I could add 10 I would.

Four poles are pretty good.

I'll take my thread eject now.

#48 8 years ago

this poll is flawed. For one, you cannot base an opinion of a game based on theme. Even when you see it, it's not enough to know. This poll cannot happen, until these games are playable and you can compare the 2. Anything before that is just dumb.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

this poll is flawed. For one, you cannot base an opinion of a game based on theme. Even when you see it, it's not enough to know. This poll cannot happen, until these games are playable and you can compare the 2. Anything before that is just dumb.

Again i posted this thread because in the GOT thread The Hobbit is already dead. No one has seen nor played it yet. Its going to be very hard for Stern to make a better game than JJP if they don't move to the next level of pinball. LCD is one for starters. LOL

#50 8 years ago

really? Have you played the HOBBIT? KIss plays better than the hobbit. Stern has already beaten them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.