20161013_160430 (resized).jpg
20161013_105938 (resized).jpg
20161013_105947 (resized).jpg
20161013_110015 (resized).jpg
20161013_110313 (resized).jpg
world-war-z (resized).png
Pinside Riot.jpg
IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

If Houdini and/or MG shows up playable, it will be earth-shattering. Show stealing usually involves the unexpected, and what could be more unexpected?

I completely agree JJP #3 will steal the show hands down. But if Magic girl shows up or Jpop there will be lots of stealing because people will riot. Houdini is American pinball's baby. Magic girl has to be the most controversial game out there. But I sure would love to play it.

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pigs flying ?

BBBr would be pretty shocking.

#203 7 years ago

Its Jack's show at this point.

I loathe BDK and don't care about a reboot with an ancient Adam West. Stern's rep is in the crapper right now with the f--ked up playfields, KISS code, etc. IMHO.

American Pinball will either win some people over or sent packing by an angry mob.

#204 7 years ago

I ll take a couple large flats and a packet of gravel!

#205 7 years ago

Yeah, I can TOTALLY see that happening.

Pinside Riot.jpgPinside Riot.jpg

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yeah, I can TOTALLY see that happening.

Pinside riot:

#207 7 years ago

The expectations and hype is through the roof for jjp3, going to be hard for it to live up to it

Past successes provide no guarantee of a great game. Would not be the first hyped game to not live up to expectations and/or universal love. Should be interesting to see.

Regardless, Doom will be the most talked about machine coming out of expo okay, maybe not, but betting it has long lines to play.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The expectations and hype is through the roof for jjp3, going to be hard for it to live up to it

I don't really agree with this.

I think people are really curious and very much looking forward to seeing it, but I wouldn't describe the expectations and hype as being through the roof.

#209 7 years ago

Most anticipated is JJP3 to be sure. They've done a really good job keeping it under wraps.

#210 7 years ago

As someone who thought GOT was going to be epic in every way, I suppose this pin could be a dud. I just don't think it will be. Go Pat!

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

rs. This is the pin everyone is most anxious about.

I'm looking forward to seeing JJP#3 for sure but Aliens is the only pin that has me anxious, theme wise its already won the battle but gameplay needs be there, that has me both excited and worried.

#212 7 years ago

JJP#3 for sure. Don't miss this one

#213 7 years ago

So JJP steals the show then what?

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Beer?

#215 7 years ago

Now your talking. Ill be drinking all night. Im offically on vacation

#216 7 years ago

The whole show is gonna steal the show.

Not just one.

#217 7 years ago

Well, it must be wowing the crowd, because no-one is posting anything here, and it was unveiled already. The eyes must be glued to the playfield and the art. Looking forward to hearing more.

#218 7 years ago

What is the rumored theme for JJP3?

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Well, it must be wowing the crowd, because no-one is posting anything here, and it was unveiled already. The eyes must be glued to the playfield and the art. Looking forward to hearing more.

I think you are 1 week in the future?

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

tell me more

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Haha, that's hilarious! Hitch, your'e 1 week early. Reveal is next Thursday 13 October.

#222 7 years ago

Quick! Grab the sports almanac!

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Most anticipated is JJP3 to be sure. They've done a really good job keeping it under wraps.

Agreed. In this day and age with cell phone cameras and the internet, it's amazing some ticked off employee hasnt snapped a few pix and uploaded them yet.

#224 7 years ago

Alien revealed today!!!!!!

#225 7 years ago

Alien revealed today!!!!!!

Not revealed yet.

Those are pics of game flyers sent to pre order people that I suspect are still missing much. The LE remains yet mysterious.

#226 7 years ago

The HIT of the show will be BROOKS N DUNN Gabe and the guys from FAST pinball have taken the original playfield and worked with JON NORRIS on rules and built a game Will be VERY cool with sounds and video cant wait It will be put together at show

#227 7 years ago

We wait for JJP#4

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

The HIT of the show will be BROOKS N DUNN

And people complain about the music on Road Show!

#229 7 years ago

We all know what the hit of the show is going to be:

the Aaron Spelling pinball machine. Slap fight video mode for the win!

#IloveYouDaddy

#230 7 years ago

What ever happened to Pinball Circus ? Seems to have stalled last April....maybe an update at Expo?

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What ever happened to Pinball Circus ? Seems to have stalled last April....maybe an update at Expo?

You won't get any updates from Circus Maximus here. They swore this place off after all the bitching and moaning that goes on.

I hope we get something at Expo. That game was really fun with I played it last year.

#232 7 years ago

Thanks for that info... Seems the site has gone silent last year. I told myself years ago if it were ever made I would have to get one.
Pinball on multiple levels has always interested me bi-level playfields always catch my attention.

#233 7 years ago

That game was fun. I walked past it a couple times before i stopped and played it. A blast

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Its Jack's show at this point.
I loathe BDK and don't care about a reboot with an ancient Adam West. Stern's rep is in the crapper right now with the f--ked up playfields, KISS code, etc. IMHO.
American Pinball will either win some people over or sent packing by an angry mob.

You said it. I don't even get why there is hype for some old Batman theme but then again I don't get the hype for Stern in general.

I just hope JJP 3 doesn't disappoint. The cell phone theme stuff just sounds lame but we'll see.

#235 7 years ago

Most single-board computers like Jack uses have WiFi.

It would be cool if the system served a web socket that you could access with a phone or tablet.

Imagine going through diagnostics/switches/etc with your phone instead flipper buttons and the game's display? You could stick your head in there and troubleshoot close-up.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

The HIT of the show will be BROOKS N DUNN Gabe and the guys from FAST pinball have taken the original playfield and worked with JON NORRIS on rules and built a game Will be VERY cool with sounds and video cant wait It will be put together at show

That's a joke right?

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Dan is speaking at Pinball Expo 2016 on Friday at 8:30am. I have seen a few pics of these Lighted Pinball Speaker Panels and the other, still unannounced mods he will be making available. You. won't. be. disappointed.
Would there be someone attending who would be able to stream the presentation?!

Thanks, notaflyingtoy. I may not steal the show, but I think I am going to make an impression in the the under $300 and under $200 and under $100 price ranges.

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Past successes provide no guarantee of a great game. Would not be the first hyped game to not live up to expectations and/or universal love. Should be interesting to see.
Regardless, Doom will be the most talked about machine coming out of expo okay, maybe not, but betting it has long lines to play.

I can't say this is true. JJP has created a foundation upon to build great games. They are creating more processes and procedures so they don't repeat history. Even look at their rollout of jjp3. They are much more conservative about it. So far there hasn't been any kind of ask for $ either. I am excited to see what Pat rolls out. This should be fun to watch. I have some $ on the sidelines awaiting this announcement. Being a WoZ owner, I am very happy with JJP proper. They have reinvented the pinball machine.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Thanks, notaflyingtoy. I may not steal the show, but I think I am going to make an impression in the the under $300 and under $200 and under $100 price ranges.

Its at 8:30 now not 9:15?

#240 7 years ago

bump for load in day at expo. I will be setting up my game tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a big day!

#241 7 years ago

At this point, I believe it's Alien's show to steal. They have revealed more than the other 2, and all signs point to an amazing reveal. That said, the other titles could prove to "stealers" depending what happens when the curtains are opened.....

It's going to take something bizarre for me to bail on alien, real rooting for BM66 to be something special, and JJP3 is the scary one to cause me to spend even more $$$

#242 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

At this point, I believe it's Alien's show to steal. They have revealed more than the other 2, and all signs point to an amazing reveal. That said, the other titles could prove to "stealers" depending what happens when the curtains are opened.....
It's going to take something bizarre for me to bail on alien, real rooting for BM66 to be something special, and JJP3 is the scary one to cause me to spend even more $$$

I get the feeling Alien is not finished so I would keep my expectations moderate.

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I get the feeling Alien is not finished so I would keep my expectations moderate.

You could be right....just nice to see/ flip something of substance.....I'm sort of numb to expectations at this point with all 3 of them..I'm actually anxious to get back home Saturday, and reflect on what was/ wasn't shown, and gain clarity on exactly what I'm buying (could be "none of the above" or "all three"). going to be a busy couple of days. Hoping to get some fun time on machines that I haven't had the chance to play yet, just to take the edge off......(MMr, Spooky, GB, Hobbit, etc.)

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

As someone who thought GOT was going to be epic in every way, I suppose this pin could be a dud. I just don't think it will be. Go Pat!

I don't think you get epic from Stern anymore. Fun pins, yes. Epic, well built, designed and integrated with the theme with kick ass software, no.

#245 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Still probably the furthest along tho. While Alien needs its software finished and first production batches done.. it seems like most of the supplier stuff is waiting for the 'go' command.

While I think Lawlor will show a playable prototype.. I doubt it's complete either.. and JJP isn't ready to start producing it yet.

CGC has proven to be clowns when it comes to production.. so even if they have a complete game.. when will it get built?

Even with Alien being incomplete, I still think its going to be the closest to First Customer Ship.

Edit: I forgot Stern.. they will probably ship first, but I don't think any game they put out will satisfy the mob at this point.

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Still probably the furthest along tho. While Alien needs its software finished and first production batches done.. it seems like most of the supplier stuff is waiting for the 'go' command.
While I think Lawlor will show a playable prototype.. I doubt it's complete either.. and JJP isn't ready to start producing it yet.
CGC has proven to be clowns when it comes to production.. so even if they have a complete game.. when will it get built?
Even with Alien being incomplete, I still think its going to be the closest to First Customer Ship.
Edit: I forgot Stern.. they will probably ship first, but I don't think any game they put out will satisfy the mob at this point.

I thought JJP is planning to have 4 or 5 of the new title at the show.

#247 7 years ago

Alien is the one i'm excited to play the most. Only because i've seen it, houdini looks good. But JJp is going to hit it out of the park. haven't seen it yet. Expo tomorrow is going to be amazing. hope everyone can make it and bring a game. I will post pictures of all the games here. I will show up at 7:00 tonight. see if the poll changes

#248 7 years ago

Here is what Pinside will look like once Expo hits.

world-war-z (resized).pngworld-war-z (resized).png

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Here is what Pinside will look like once Expo hits.

Actually it normally gets kind of quiet during shows since pinheads are there and busy. A couple of leaks, pics and bursts. But the scramble comes later. Pinside thrives off speculation. When the facts hit there is not much to say.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Actually it normally gets kind of quiet during shows since pinheads are there and busy. A couple of leaks, pics and bursts. But the scramble comes later. Pinside thrives off speculation. When the facts hit there is not much to say.

Actually, yes, you are right. We live in the fantasy world of not knowing on here, and once the facts hit, we just kind of, um. Hmm. Oh look at the time....

And then we speculate on the next machine from xyz company and it all starts over...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-steal-the-show-at-expo-2016-poll-included/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.