20161013_160430 (resized).jpg
20161013_105938 (resized).jpg
20161013_105947 (resized).jpg
20161013_110015 (resized).jpg
20161013_110313 (resized).jpg
world-war-z (resized).png
Pinside Riot.jpg
IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Get the impression they are going for the horror, jump scare, screams, and literal interpretations. Not so fun.

I certainly hope so, and that's the definition of fun, if they made it a funny action packed comedy it would be shit, but to each his own.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I certainly hope so, and that's the definition of fun, if they made it a funny action packed comedy it would be shit, but to each his own.

I'm also hoping they go a bit dark and serious with it as befitting the source material. That said, i think there's a way to work in some Bill Paxton humor too. The second film did it nicely anyway so it's certainly possible.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

That said, i think there's a way to work in some Bill Paxton humor too.

I'm all for that, there's humor in even the darkest films so and it works but trying to make Aliens a light hearted adventure is just plain wrong.

#154 7 years ago

Do the JJP prototypes they usual take to expo have the headphone jack In the coin door?
Would be good to bring headphones I guess to hear the pin properly.

#155 7 years ago

Any live coverage (or later reposting) of the seminars? Would love to hear some...

#156 7 years ago

Pinball news covers most of them.
You can check here for last years

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2015/

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Any live coverage (or later reposting) of the seminars? Would love to hear some...

I plan on being front and center during the JJP seminar. I will do my best to send updates on the fly.

#158 7 years ago

Still find it difficult to see past Lawlor's game being the 'killer app' of the show. Is he really going to screw up an original theme, do a bad layout and commission poor art with what is likely to be a large budget? Hard to imagine that.

Even if BMDK 2.0 / BM66 looks great, it reusing much of BMDK, pricing, laughable marketing and all the quality issues at Stern aren't going to have it steal the show.

AFMr, particularly if it moves in-house to CGC manufacture, away from Stern, with a significantly lower price than MMr, can make some waves.

Alien(s) is mainly a known quantity.

AP, regardless of what they show or not, are going to continue to enjoy a huge amount of chatter. Houdini is clearly very much a work in progress. MG is presumably close to shipping, from what they say. However good they look, people will be sceptical.

Spooky presumably won't show their next game yet, and DP won't show #2 until next year.

Everything points to JJP #3 being the show stopper.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I plan on being front and center during the JJP seminar. I will do my best to send updates on the fly.

I will be sitting next to you. lol. I am so excited for the reveal, I was playing fun house last night and thinking how cool it would be to have him sign the tranlight. You don't know if you will ever see him again. He is going to finally bring something different to the table. rumor is standard not a wide body. It's him doing the best job he can do. He puts real time and energy into making a game. real wire form ramps!! It could just might steal the show.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I will be taking pictures at the show in the seminar room of the games being previewed and putting them right here in this tread

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I will be taking pictures at the show in the seminar room of the games being previewed and putting them right here in this tread

Thanks!

#162 7 years ago

I think that whoever's games are the most complete will win Expo. If games are not flipping or have only very basic code they may fail to impress. For this reason Houdini may not have much of an impact this year. It will be interesting to see how playable JJP#3 and Alien is. Dutch Pinball could still be a contender if they release a large code update for The Big Lebowski.

#163 7 years ago

I will be sitting next to you. lol. I am so excited for the reveal, I was playing fun house last night and thinking how cool it would be to have him sign the tranlight. You don't know if you will ever see him again. He is going to finally bring something different to the table. rumor is standard not a wide body. It's him doing the best job he can do. He puts real time and energy into making a game. real wire form ramps!! It could just might steal the show.

And John Youssi on art. Should be a masterpiece...

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It will be interesting to see if JJP#3 tries to keep up with Stern pricing madness, or if he prices it quasi-normally as a countermove to Stern - offer a higher quality game at a lower price....could shift sales away if the game is stellar.

That would be a great advertising tactic. Lower the price but sell twice as many and steal sales. With Stern's rep somewhat in the gutter right now it would be a wise move.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

And John Youssi on art. Should be a masterpiece...

Is that true he's doing the art on JJP3? Or am I misunderstood.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I think that whoever's games are the most complete will win Expo. If games are not flipping or have only very basic code they may fail to impress. For this reason Houdini may not have much of an impact this year. It will be interesting to see how playable JJP#3 and Alien is. Dutch Pinball could still be a contender if they release a large code update for The Big Lebowski.

I agree. This year is different. Put up or shut up. This is going to be amazing year. I'm stoked for pats game. It's something new and different. Can't believe in hasn't fully leaked out yet.

#167 7 years ago

Ok, now that it is getting closer, JJP is the only horse in the race for show stealing... And even that is tenuous.

Stern can't steal it because they overshot the market. Non-refundable deposit before you even see what the game it? That's just insane. Plus a huge price increase? Ha! I will never buy a machine I don't know anything about ever again. I still say anyone that did deserves a warmed over BDK.

Alien? I'd put them in second place. A great theme, but I have waited too long. It almost feels old. And I'm still not sold on the platform. They would really need to step up.

P3. A dark horse. Their platform is cool... But I want to see production level stuff. Get building them puppies so we can really see what you have.

Dutch. Loved the theme, but I wasn't impressed with the play yet. I definitely would want to tweak one for a while and see if the play improved.

Spooky. Great effort with what you started from, but not great games yet. Ok to play, but didn't make me want to plunk down money. All around it feels 80% to me. Both games just don't gel 100%. Yet I can't figure out why. Almost like hey, hit these shots because those are the shots good games have, keep trying to bring together a cohesive package.

American Pinball. It still feels like a scam to me. Should have kept your mouths shut just a bit longer. A flipping game with rudimentary code would have gone many times farther. Right now I don't even know if you have a running OS. And associating / being JPOP makes you a bad bet.

So Jack. We have known for a long time Pat was doing something (Hi Pat!). We have leaks and stuff, but we really don't know anything except there will be games there to play. So the chance is there for JJP to steal the show, and a buyer chance to bollux up the whole thing.

And to every manufacturer on this list, please build me a game I want to buy. I don't care which one of you does it. Give me something fun to play. Even if I nixed you as possibly stealing the show, steal it anyway. I'll even tell you what I like... Fun. It's not hard. Games have been doing it for decades. Oh, and a bit distinctive, because if it is just like something I have, well I have it.

#168 7 years ago

Is that true he's doing the art on JJP3? Or am I misunderstood.

Yes, John Youssi did the art for JJP3.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That's definitely good news ...

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

OMG it's going to be killer

#171 7 years ago

It was said at last expo (or when Pat came on board I forget which) But Youssi was signed on contract for the next 3 or 4? games. It was said in a seminar with Jack. Maybe someone could point to the link or whatever but yeah it's true.

Also in the Pinball Expo media blast in my inbox and everyone else if you get those emails, JJP will have 5 of Pat's #3 game at Expo.

#172 7 years ago

Wow 5! Last I remember they were hoping to have 2 ready. I wonder if that means they are already test building them on the line.

I really hope someone live streams this thing.

#173 7 years ago

Well the hype is for Batman '66 but I think overall it will be the Pat Lawlor show!

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Also in the Pinball Expo media blast in my inbox and everyone else if you get those emails, JJP will have 5 of Pat's #3 game at Expo.

When did you get this? Care to copy and paste?

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

When did you get this? Care to copy and paste?

Sept 26th in my inbox.

REMINDER FOR THE
32nd Annual PINBALL EXPO!
Westin Chicago North Shore • Wheeling, (Chicago) Illinois

October 12th - 16th, 2016

WE WANT YOUR GAMES AT EXPO!

We will offer a day's admission for each game you bring or a $30 credit per game, per day against whatever admission package you would buy. Please call or email Mike at a 330-518-3141 or [email protected] with any questions, or you can just bring the games any time Wednesday afternoon, or anytime Thursday and Friday.

This promises to be the biggest and most exciting Pinball Expo in 32 years!

PINBALL EXPO 2016 Updates!

**The STERN EPIC 30th ANNIVERSARY EXTRAVAGANZA (OFF SITE) WHICH
WILL BE SPECTACULAR, BUT AT THIS POINT IS SOLD OUT**
Visit: https://www.tilt.com/tilts/stern-pinball-epic-30th-anniversary-extravaganza for more details

**ADAM WEST (The Original Batman) will be onsite at EXPO for a PRIVATE meet and great Friday Afternoon. You will need to talk to your Stern Distributor for details on this event.**
Stern will have their new game BATMAN 66 and hope to see the new CAN CRUSHER

**Also, some surprises by Joe Kaminkow which has formed a joint venture with Stern called KAPOW PINBALL**
We will have Jersey Jack Game #3 (Name Unknown At This Point) Designed by Pat Lawlor
(Based on Pat and Jack's past history, it should be exciting & there will be a five of those machines there to play!)
AS well JJP will have Hobbit and Wizard of OZ available to play

Heighway Pinball will showcase their new game "Aliens"

American Pinball will showcase their new game HOUDINI!

- PPS/Chicago Gaming will announce and probably be showing their next remake. This is after Medieval Madness!
- Multimorphic/P3 - we're sure they'll have something new to show us.
-FAST Pinball will have some exciting new games to show
-Maybe Spooky Pinball will show up with something

Over 100 Games on
FREE PLAY
with a day’s admission!
Pinball Expo offers the greatest variety of activities and events of any pinball show!

The vendor hall will be open on:
Thursday at 6PM until Midnight
Friday from 10AM until Midnight
Saturday from 10 AM until Midnight as well Sunday Morning.
The vendor hall will remain OPEN during seminars, banquet, and tournaments, but will NOT be open over night.

The game hall will be open all night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday as in the past.

Tour the 110,000 square foot ultra-modern NEW STERN Pinball Factory. See their latest games, and meet the founder Gary Stern!

Meet Jersey Jack and the production team behind their latest game.

ee and play the latest boutique custom pinball machines at the Vendor Hall.

· Play well over 100 pinball machines in the game hall and Vendor Hall

· Meet both present and past pinball industry people at the Autograph Session.

· Visit our large Vendor Hall featuring over 40 different vendors selling everything from parts and books to back glasses and machines...and much more!

· Enter the Two-Player Team Tournament on Friday. Visit http://www.slam-tilt.com/expo/ for complete details and to register.

· Enter the Flip Out Tournament open to both young and old with the chance to win a BRAND NEW Stern Pinball Machine as the grand prize.
· Experience four days of educational seminars from a wide variety of presenters.

Attend the LTG Presentation featuring Lloyd Olson and the surprises it offers!

Play the World's Largest Pinball Machine made by Atari, Hercules!!!
This rare and seldom seen game will be available for FREE PLAY
throughout the entire show.

Expo 2016 On-Site Game Repair Available
Pinball Expo will have a team of game repair technicians including
Rob Anthony (314-766-4587) to fix your games and boards.

See our website for the complete PINBALL EXPO 2016 SCHEDULE!
http://www.pinballexpo.net/

THE HOST HOTEL, WHICH IS THE WESTIN
IS SOLD OUT!

We have a block of rooms at the
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
2600 Lake Cook Road
Riverwoods, IL 60015
Phone 847-374-0260
Fax 847-374-0535
Re: Pinball Expo
The Group Will Receive The Following Rates
Wed. October 12, - $99 Standard Room
Thurs. October 13, - $99 Standard Room
Friday October 14 - $99 Standard Room
Saturday October 15th - $99 Standard Room

When you call the above phone number to reserve your room, please mention PINBALL EXPO

See www.pinballexpo.com for all details and to register. There is still exhibit space available and we welcome you to bring your games to show or sell.

*** Also mark your calendars for another great pinball show OHIO PINBALL SHOW next March. See http://ohiopinballshow.com/ for all details.
If you have any questions please email or call:
Mike Pacak : (330) 518-3141 [email protected]

#176 7 years ago

5 games is awesome if true, Wait times to play should be a lot shorter and I am guessing he crowd around the JJP stand will be quite huge.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

5 games is awesome if true, Wait times to play should be a lot shorter and I am guessing he crowd around the JJP stand will be quite huge.

*yuuuuge

Fixed.

#178 7 years ago

Pinball speculation > election speculation.
Always.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

It was said at last expo (or when Pat came on board I forget which) But Youssi was signed on contract for the next 3 or 4? games. It was said in a seminar with Jack. Maybe someone could point to the link or whatever but yeah it's true.

wow I read that. If there is going to 5 machines. Jersey Jack's booth will draw a bigger crowd then Marco specialties' / Stern's booth. I knew about 2 of them being there but not 5. Thank you for the info MN pinball. Are you going to be there?

#180 7 years ago

Apparently Jack is bringing some new games over to Melbourne in early December so they clearly have some games to work with.

#181 7 years ago

Yeah, 5 games would be cool but I remain skeptical until I hear it from JJP directly.

#182 7 years ago

It could be easily confused to mean 5 games from JJP.. vs 5 of the lawlor game specifically.

Lets be optimists I guess... but not have a fit if it's Woz, 2 hobbits, and 2 #3s

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It could be easily confused to mean 5 games from JJP.. vs 5 of the lawlor game specifically.
Lets be optimists I guess... but not have a fit if it's Woz, 2 hobbits, and 2 #3s

Yeah, I was thinking about that possibility but didn't want to put it in writing lol. Of course it hardly matters to me since I can't go anyway

#184 7 years ago

If JJP has 5 games there to play. or sell one off they would shut stern down!

#185 7 years ago

Excuse me?

#186 7 years ago

I think what was meant was in the sense of shutting stern down from stealing the show.

It really is going to depend on the game. If its as great as everyone is hoping for (myself included) and they have 5 then yeah, show stolen. However, if its a dud it won't matter if they have 2, 5 or 50.

I still don't think Stern will steal anything with retro batman, but thats just my bias agains the show. Maybe they have another game up their sleve to steal the show with? One can dream.

#187 7 years ago

It's JJP/Lawlor's show. They don't have to steal it. It's theirs. This is the pin everyone is most anxious about. That rehashed BDK better be really good if Stern hopes to steal the show. They won't though with a rehashed BDK. Go Pat/JJP!!!

#188 7 years ago

5 games, they have way more games built than that, in boxes shipping to Distributors around the World

We are taking orders soon and without long delivery

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

5 games, they have way more games built than that, in boxes shipping to Distributors around the World
We are taking orders soon and without long delivery

Really? Do you have one on the way already?

#190 7 years ago

JJP it's his time to shine hobbit is great and pats game will be amazing

#191 7 years ago

Is it weird that I'm more excited to play Dominos than for JJP 3? LOL

#192 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

yes, but it is still pinball your all good

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, now that it is getting closer, JJP is the only horse in the race for show stealing... And even that is tenuous.
Stern can't steal it because they overshot the market. Non-refundable deposit before you even see what the game it? That's just insane. Plus a huge price increase? Ha! I will never buy a machine I don't know anything about ever again. I still say anyone that did deserves a warmed over BDK.
Alien? I'd put them in second place. A great theme, but I have waited too long. It almost feels old. And I'm still not sold on the platform. They would really need to step up.
P3. A dark horse. Their platform is cool... But I want to see production level stuff. Get building them puppies so we can really see what you have.
Dutch. Loved the theme, but I wasn't impressed with the play yet. I definitely would want to tweak one for a while and see if the play improved.
Spooky. Great effort with what you started from, but not great games yet. Ok to play, but didn't make me want to plunk down money. All around it feels 80% to me. Both games just don't gel 100%. Yet I can't figure out why. Almost like hey, hit these shots because those are the shots good games have, keep trying to bring together a cohesive package.
American Pinball. It still feels like a scam to me. Should have kept your mouths shut just a bit longer. A flipping game with rudimentary code would have gone many times farther. Right now I don't even know if you have a running OS. And associating / being JPOP makes you a bad bet.
So Jack. We have known for a long time Pat was doing something (Hi Pat!). We have leaks and stuff, but we really don't know anything except there will be games there to play. So the chance is there for JJP to steal the show, and a buyer chance to bollux up the whole thing.
And to every manufacturer on this list, please build me a game I want to buy. I don't care which one of you does it. Give me something fun to play. Even if I nixed you as possibly stealing the show, steal it anyway. I'll even tell you what I like... Fun. It's not hard. Games have been doing it for decades. Oh, and a bit distinctive, because if it is just like something I have, well I have it.

This post should have way more thumbs up than it does.

Nailed it.

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Dominos does look fun. I don't think it is weird because very little is really known about JJP 3. Can't wait to hear your report back after Expo!

#195 7 years ago

Jjp should have woz, th, their 'second new game' and I guess two of Lawlors to make 5

#196 7 years ago

best horse in the race right now is JJP3.

#197 7 years ago

Lets all just hope lawlors game is what jjp and we all need it to be.

#198 7 years ago

If Houdini and/or MG shows up playable, it will be earth-shattering. Show stealing usually involves the unexpected, and what could be more unexpected?

We've been expecting JJP3 to happen eventually for years. Gotta hand it to them for keeping it well under wraps, but it would have to be much better than expected to steal the show, and expectations are already crazy high.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Lets all just hope lawlors game is what jjp and we all need it to be.

Agreed, and if its ready to ship right in a reasonable timeframe, no "pre-order and wait four years" thing it will be a big milestone for JJP.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

and what could be more unexpected?

Pigs flying ?

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-steal-the-show-at-expo-2016-poll-included/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.