20161013_160430 (resized).jpg
20161013_105938 (resized).jpg
20161013_105947 (resized).jpg
20161013_110015 (resized).jpg
20161013_110313 (resized).jpg
world-war-z (resized).png
Pinside Riot.jpg
IMG_0293 (resized).PNG
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 7 years ago

Something like any of those titles would give them some major buzz. If they announced MB, I'd have to rethink all my plans for next year lol.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They sure would flip out if it were BBB

No kingpin!

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I could have sworn they were on the seminar schedule and now I don't see them on there. Are they possibly holding off on the reveal? Maybe they wanted to bring a finished machine and it's not as far as long as they anticipated?

I have a print out of the schedule the first day it was posted. Your right i don't see it listed anywhere. MikeP said a new remake would be there. Not necessarily AFM. Maybe it is BBB. Something nobody is expecting. I think it's AFM too. But this is all gossip.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They sure would flip out if it were BBB

Would it steal the show?

#104 7 years ago

Never played it. Is it fun?

#105 7 years ago

I just can't wait for the pat lawlor reveil, and i don't even like his games!?
It should be something epic,jjp and pl forces combined.
But the Houdini appearing would be a new type of crazy too man...

#106 7 years ago

It seems appropriate that Jpop's name is mentioned in a thread with 'steal' in the title.

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

What if it was ?????? White water? Scared stiff? Monster bash? People would flip out.

Not gonna be White Water. Way too many built, and tons in good collector condition nowhere near the prices that MM(pre r), AFM, MB, CC or Capcom games (BBB / Kingpin) reach.

Scared Stiff wouldn't be popular enough, I don't think.

MB is a question of when, not if, so it wouldn't be a huge shock. Prices for it in the US are bananas now.

#108 7 years ago

Who will steal the show? Some guy who had too much to drink, and acted weird.

But hey, that's every convention.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Stern will only have new LCD which we all finally wanted

Correction: "that some of us wanted". There's plenty of others who really couldn't give a shit about the display as long as the game's fun.

What if it was ?????? White water? Scared stiff? Monster bash? People would flip out.

Aren't these remakes mostly for the home market? If so, I would say SS is unlikely due to its shallow ruleset. WH2O is also unlikely unless they've figured out how to do the topper. MB is a possibility due to its huge popularity, despite its shallow ruleset and boring fan layout.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Who will steal the show? Some guy who had too much to drink, and acted weird.
But hey, that's every convention.

Ill try to do better!

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I just can't wait for the pat lawlor reveil, and i don't even like his games!

He had great games man. Addams family #1 best pinball ever produced. His designs really keep you in the game. I know people don't like the stop and go. The 3rd flipper. But always great satisfying shots. He packs as much as he can to make the game as fun as he can. His theory is based on operators making money motto. And that means keeping the person attracted to game to keep pumping in quarters. His stint with stern was a joke. He never got true free rain to do what ever he wanted to. Since the bally/williams days. So the reveal is going to be awsome. I never bought a new in box game. But I'm excited to see what is available at expo

#112 7 years ago

He had great games man. Addams family #1 best pinball ever produced. His designs really keep you in the game. I know people don't like the stop and go. The 3rd flipper. But always great satisfying shots. He packs as much as he can to make the game as fun as he can. His theory is based on operators making money motto. And that means keeping the person attracted to game to keep pumping in quarters. His stint with stern was a joke. He never got true free rain to do what ever he wanted to. Since the bally/williams days. So the reveal is going to be awsome. I never bought a new in box game. But I'm excited to see what is available at expo

Addams has 4 flippers.

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Addams has 4 flippers.

I know I own it. But alot of his designed just used 3. Sorry I worded it wierd

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Addams has 4 flippers.

And Teekee would be the fifth flipper.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Cracking me up Kaneda
Alien and Lawlor with the most intrigue

Holy multiple accounts Batman!!

It's like playing where's Waldo.

Oh and I talked to Kev and he is bringing one Super Duper Limited THXcertified GNR fan machine to sell to highest cash offer. Its so damn awesome. So be sure to bring plenty of Benjamins.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Oh and I talked to Kev and he is bringing one Super Duper Limited THXcertified GNR fan machine to sell to highest cash offer. Its so damn awesome. So be sure to bring plenty of Benjamins.

Tell me more?

#117 7 years ago

I think JJP has the best opportunity to steal the show.

This is due to the fact that theirs is the only one that is a complete unknown (other than Lawlor being the designer), and it is coming from a pinball company that now has a proven record of being able to manufacture and ship pins in substantial quantity.

It will be a true unveiling and a complete surprise in terms of theme, artwork, playfield layout etc.

You can't say the same thing about pins like Alien as we've seen quite a bit of the artwork and the PF layout (plus Alien was announced so long ago now that a lot of the excitement has dissipated) and a lot of the same applies to BM66.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is due to the fact that theirs is the only one that is a complete unknown (other than Lawlor being the designer), and it is coming from what is a pinball company that now has a proven record of being able to manufacture and ship pins in substantial quantity.
It will be a true unveiling and a complete surprise in terms of theme, artwork, playfield layout etc.
You can't say the same thing about pins like Alien as we've seen quite a bit of the artwork and the PF layout (plus Alien was announced so long ago now that a lot of the excitement has dissipated) and a lot of the same applies to BM66.

For the first time, we will get to see how people react to a JJP game where none of the design has been shown during the development process. I look forward to seeing people's reactions to it as much as the actual game. I do expect some bitching about price as usual. $8500-9000 per game prices a lot of people out of the market.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is due to the fact that theirs is the only one that is a complete unknown (other than Lawlor being the designer), and it is coming from what is a pinball company that now has a proven record of being able to manufacture and ship pins in substantial quantity.

I agree, alien can really only go up marginally and has more risk of downside than upside... Because all the hype has been drawn out, mostly known, etc. not much punch left beside "it's done... It's fun!" Etc. lots more risk of people being let down because of their own expectations. (and this is why companies like to withhold info)

Jjp on the other hand has every positive to be a potential hype point simply because it's an unknown. And it will take time for the "new no matter what" hype to settle down to realities.

Bm66 has all the baggage going on about being a rework, the sle drama, etc. no mater what it is, it can't live up to the bitching about the price points.

The big wild card is sterns implementation of the lcd and which way that goes.... But they've already downplayed it so ...

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is due to the fact that theirs is the only one that is a complete unknown (other than Lawlor being the designer), ...

Is this the one where all the secrets were posted on pinside and then the post was removed from pinside by the moderators out of respect for the manufacturer because it was supposedly exactly on point? I remember reading about it as someone gave up all the deisgn features about 6 or 7 months ago. I'm not going to bring up the details for the same respect, I'm just curious if some of us have already heard about this one before the details were promptly buried/deleted off the forum.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Is this the one where all the secrets were posted on pinside and then the post was removed from pinside by the moderators out of respect for the manufacturer because it was supposedly exactly on point?

Only Robin can remove a thread.

And since it was posted by a disgruntled ex-employee, and had inaccuracies in it. It should have been removed.

And a lot has changed with the game since back then. Look how much Hobbit changed in one year.

LTG : )

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only Robin can remove a thread.
And since it was posted by a disgruntled ex-employee, and had inaccuracies in it. It should have been removed.
And a lot has changed with the game since back then. Look how much Hobbit changed in one year.

Thanks. It's hard keeping all this stuff straight. Nevertheless it should be quite a unique pin.... and I mean that in a good way.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Is this the one where all the secrets were posted on pinside and then the post was removed from pinside by the moderators out of respect for the manufacturer because it was supposedly exactly on point? I remember reading about it as someone gave up all the deisgn features about 6 or 7 months ago. I'm not going to bring up the details for the same respect, I'm just curious if some of us have already heard about this one before the details were promptly buried/deleted off the forum.

There was supposedly a leak but it was a few very vague sentences which didn't make much sense, certainly didn't give much away even if it was true.

#124 7 years ago

The first person to get drunk and go on a nude run through the venue will steal the show.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The first person to get drunk and go on a nude run through the venue will steal the show.

There will be so many, how will we ever know who was first ?

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There will be so many, how will we ever know who was first ?

CCTV?

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

$10 that will be a Kiwi or Aussie

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

$10 that will be a Kiwi or Aussie

That's exactly what I was thinking, if I was going to this event a nude run would definitely be on the cards.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Explain please?

From what little I have seen/heard of Aliens, it seems like the theme is being done too seriously, too dark. I tried keeping up with the development but seemed like the thread was nothing but drama. Maybe that has something to do with my overall opinion.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love to see pat lawlor back to his old ways with original themes. Finally something different.

#131 7 years ago

From a JJP employee at the Cleveland show the new Pat Lawlor machine will be unveiled at expo with 4 machines present. It's an unlicensed theme in a standard body (not widebody like OZ or Hobbit). Lawlor wants the electronics located back in the head, it will be interesting for sure.

#132 7 years ago
Quoted from scorpion90:

From a JJP employee at the Cleveland show the new Pat Lawlor machine will be unveiled at expo with 4 machines present. It's an unlicensed theme in a standard body (not widebody like OZ or Hobbit). Lawlor wants the electronics located back in the head, it will be interesting for sure.

Good if true. Massive pain in the backside having the boards in the bottom of a massive widebody cabinet. Fishing around in WOZ isn't very fun.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Circus_Animal:

Aren't these remakes mostly for the home market? If so, I would say SS is unlikely due to its shallow ruleset. WH2O is also unlikely unless they've figured out how to do the topper. MB is a possibility due to its huge popularity, despite its shallow ruleset and boring fan layout.

You've just pissed off thousands of Pinsiders, lock your doors at night I'd say!

Kudos for speaking your mind.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from scorpion90:

Impossible to fit current pc case in headbox isn't it?

#135 7 years ago

Dutch pinball will double the booth babe count.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

From what little I have seen/heard of Aliens, it seems like the theme is being done too seriously, too dark. I tried keeping up with the development but seemed like the thread was nothing but drama. Maybe that has something to do with my overall opinion.

I get the drama part but that's true of any thread on pinside, especially when its taking years to develop, too seriously, too dark? that's the whole idea isn't it? I wouldn't want it to trivial and light.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah in the case they are using now I think your right. However in the head it wouldn't necessarily need the protective case and the boards could be arranded differently. I personally dont mind having the electronics in the cabinet.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I doubt you would need the computer case if the boards are mounted vertically in the backbox. Is it not the purpose of the case in the bottom of the cabinet to protect the boards from parts that are dropped or fall off of the game? When in the backbox, the backbox acts as a case to protect from those problems.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Good if true. Massive pain in the backside having the boards in the bottom of a massive widebody cabinet. Fishing around in WOZ isn't very fun.

You are right. Having all that crap in the head will be a lot easier to sort out problems.

#140 7 years ago

PL's game might not include a monitor in the head so the need for a PC would be eliminated. Something to think about.

#141 7 years ago

When does the show open? When should I log back in to get photos?

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

When does the show open? When should I log back in to get photos?

Schedule at pinballexpo.com

#143 7 years ago

I'm stealing everything that isn't bolted to the floor

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

you're going to steal lloyd?!?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

PL's game might not include a monitor in the head so the need for a PC would be eliminated. Something to think about.

I asked Jack same lcd screen

#146 7 years ago

My guess it's going to be american pinball, and not for the reason that houdini is awesome. They are going to get grilled at their talk.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

My guess it's going to be american pinball, and not for the reason that houdini is awesome. They are going to get grilled at their talk.

When's the talk ?

#148 7 years ago

2 weeks til expo. jersey jack is ahead in the poll

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

what the heck are you doing back on Pinside? It must have stolen your heart afterall

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I get the drama part but that's true of any thread on pinside, especially when its taking years to develop, too seriously, too dark? that's the whole idea isn't it? I wouldn't want it to trivial and light.

I kindo do. I would love it to be full of action, Bill Paxton quotes, random stuff, and a little tongue in cheek humor. You know, fun stuff. Get the impression they are going for the horror, jump scare, screams, and literal interpretations. Not so fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 34.99
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-steal-the-show-at-expo-2016-poll-included/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.