4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

This is a PERFECT pinball theme - wonder if anyone will license this title with a new movie eminent?

#2 4 years ago

Nobody will make it unless the movie is a huge hit and a second one enters into production.

I'm not counting on this being huge - while it looks awesome I think at this point the public just wants brain-dead stuff like Avengers or Fast and Furious.

#3 4 years ago

RK 2 baby......!!!....Someone take my money....woot..............Joey

#4 4 years ago

Yeah we are going to see Mad Max on friday night, it looks epic!

Saw Avengers 2 last week......bit of a limp effort aye

I agree Mad Max would make a great pinball theme, a fast table with a jump ramp similar to No Fear

#5 4 years ago

Here ya go!

#6 4 years ago

LOVE me some road kings! Thats the game I first bought. RK 2 Oh yea! Mad max is back and is he pi$$ed lol

#7 4 years ago

Saw Mad Max Fury road, best movie of 2015 so far, makes the action in Avengers seem tiny and boring. This needs to be a made into a pin!

#8 4 years ago

Only one designer could pull off that pin, Steve R. The movie is high speed and frenetic. It would need excellent flow.

#9 4 years ago

The whole time I was watching the movie, I was thinking what a great pin could be made from it.

#10 4 years ago

I was thinking the same....

But I also think if its not ready to hit the market in the next 30 days- its too late.

These movie pins need to get coordinated closer to release (IMO).

Prime example of failure is JJP. If they wouldn't have PRESOLD the majority of TH pins, their massively late delivery would have sunk the title.... at least for the non-JJP-diehard-buyers.

I was hyped up walking out of that film yesterday.... I was even looking for the closest IMAX theatre to rewatch it in.

But in 3-6 months? Hard to imagine that same fervor.

#11 4 years ago

Mad Max is an icon, the pin will be popular whenever it's built.

#12 4 years ago

SKIT-B ????

#13 4 years ago

Asked DP but they said no

Not their kind of theme. Pitty, they would have sold at least one, to me

#14 4 years ago

What did you guys hear about the AF-TORr ?

#15 4 years ago

Who's the guy that wanted to do Predator....

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Mad Max is an icon, the pin will be popular whenever it's built.

Agreed.

But it seems foolish to NOT try to capitalize on the hype of a movie release....

Now, rumor is there's # new Mad Max scipts out there, so who knows- it could be the next big trilogy and then they have more time to catch the wave..

btw- I feel the same for Star Wars... but I have a feeling if Stern does it, they will know how to maximize the buzz around the new SW films...

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody will make it unless the movie is a huge hit and a second one enters into production.
    I'm not counting on this being huge - while it looks awesome I think at this point the public just wants brain-dead stuff like Avengers or Fast and Furious.

Or an original idea.

#18 4 years ago

I disagree about the original pins. It's been tried and didn't work out.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Only one designer could pull off that pin, Steve R. The movie is High Speed and frenetic. It would need excellent flow.

Funny Chessiv - when I was thinking about this pin I pictured a Steve Ritchie pin also! Go figure!

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

Agreed.
    But it seems foolish to NOT try to capitalize on the hype of a movie release....
    Now, rumor is there's # new Mad Max scipts out there, so who knows- it could be the next big trilogy and then they have more time to catch the wave..
    btw- I feel the same for Star Wars... but I have a feeling if Stern does it, they will know how to maximize the buzz around the new SW films...

Pins don't sell off a 2 or 3 week box office buzz...they sell if the license is "evergreen" or has some nostalgia attached that will attract a demographic that likes pinball. See Tron. Came out after the movie's theatrical release....but the Tron-lovers don't vanish just because the film is out of theaters. Mad Max could be like Tron....not a mega-hit, but the Mad Max fans just have enough fan-fever to carry it. Wouldn't me *my* choice for a pin license - but I thought Tron was a bad idea too...Mad Max could be a sleeper hit.

As for Star Wars. Star Wars is never NOT popular. Anyone could do a SW pin ANY TIME and it would fare just fine.

#21 4 years ago

I saw the movie last night. Furious action, wicked steam-punk look, thumping atmospheric music. Virtually no dialogue, plot or character development. I give the movie only a 50/100, but I agree, the pin could turn out to be better than the actual movie. (See: Johnny Mnemomic, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Congo, Demolition Man...some others I'm forgetting)

#22 4 years ago

Tom Hardy is signed up for three more Mad Max films!

#23 3 years ago

Awesome - this may make it to the market afterall then

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Pins don't sell off a 2 or 3 week box office buzz...they sell if the license is "evergreen" or has some nostalgia attached that will attract a demographic that likes pinball. See Tron. Came out after the movie's theatrical release....but the Tron-lovers don't vanish just because the film is out of theaters. Mad Max could be like Tron....not a mega-hit, but the Mad Max fans just have enough fan-fever to carry it. Wouldn't me *my* choice for a pin license - but I thought Tron was a bad idea too...Mad Max could be a sleeper hit.
    As for Star Wars. Star Wars is never NOT popular. Anyone could do a SW pin ANY TIME and it would fare just fine.

You don't count Greg.

Don't like Jaws... Omg.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Tom Hardy is signed up for three more Mad Max films!

Really?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside