(Topic ID: 31847)

Who will fix my RFM in Canton, MI for a fair price?

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I posted about a week and a half ago that my RFM is blowing fuse F12, which controls lamp matrix B. Some nice folks suggested some trouble shooting to try to determine the source of the problem. All I can say is that the fuse still blows, even when I disconnect the lamp matrix, and it blows immediately.

The guy that everyone knows who does repairs in the Detroit area is a true master, and I don't want to disparage the guy since he's fixed my machines in the past, but we are having a difficult time getting together as he is very limited on when he can come over these days. And doggone it, I want my machine back-- in full working order. I would pay what he would typically charge.

Alternatively, if there is no one else who can help in person, but can talk me through a real solution here, I will donate $10 to Pinside in my my name and $10 in yours.

Thanks everybody.

#2 11 years ago

Ok i havnt worked on a pin 2k yet but by any chance do the GI lights have a bridge rectifier? is so a shorted bridge will kill the fuse immediately every time that or might be grounding out somewhere.

#3 11 years ago

i still believe that it is a blown diode. if you want to send the board to me (and pay the shipping both ways) i will take a look at it. i have both a RFM and SWE1 here that i can put it in and verify that it works when i am done.

otherwise i would suggest contacting Rob. he works out of the St. Louis area.

here is his link

http://www.lockwhenlit.com/contactus.htm

christopher

#4 11 years ago

You can't get together with Clay or Big Frank?

If it's Clay, you are so close, drop it off at his shop 10 mins from you and let him fix it on his own time.

If it's Frank, take a nap and let him come over at 1am to fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-fix-my-rfm-in-canton-mi-for-a-fair-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.