Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who wears the pants?”

• I'm a man's man, and the pants are mine!! 45 votes
      45%
    • I don't dare challenge true authority: she proudly sports the pants! 8 votes
      8%
    • We each have one leg in the pants. Awkward but effective! 48 votes
      48%

(101 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31736C52-13FE-4416-B429-E500E90B0E64 (resized).jpeg
    499ED444-9161-4B63-BF5C-3FDF72E65CC0 (resized).jpeg
    snake19 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0465 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0208 (resized).JPG
    F7D1C6CF-AEB0-43A4-A022-79FB3F177031 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Does your wife wear the pants? What are her rules? How do you play the relationship pinball game?

My wife's rules:

1. I'm limited to the basement with pins. I cannot have pins in the garage (except for occasional repairs that need to be outside the house) or any other room of the house. I tried hard to get one in our secondary living room, but no go on that one. I also tried for the corner of the dining room.

2. We have separate finances beyond bills, investments, and vacation funds etc, but I still need to consult before buying anything over 5k. We have a friendly veto system to keep us from making bad, large-item impulse purchases. I've been vetoed a few times on pin purchases, and she was right to do so each time. I like that she has some control to keep me from getting completely out of control.

3. I can play any time on low volume when she's home, but I try to be sure it won't disturb her. I love loud volume and subs, so if she goes shopping, it's pinball time!

I'm curious to see how you guys manage your addiction around your significant other. Any advice on how I can get around the basement rule?

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

My advice on this? Let it go.
    Love the space you use in the basement and work around that.

Yeah, that question was lighthearted. My limit is 12, which is more than fair.

I'm surprised that no one has posted limits that are far more strict. As was said, these games are big and expensive.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im freakng whipped man. Luckily she lets me have some pins, but she wants them all gone ASAP. Including my extensive Star Wars collection
    Et tu Boba !?

I'd let the Star wars go before the pins!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Your wife has rules for you, but what I want to know is what are your rules for her? Sounds like a dictatorship to me the way you've described it.

12 pins is my limit in a shared house. We also discuss and negotiate large purchases. How does that sound like a dictatorship? My wife isn't a huge fan of pinball, so if she was Pin-Hitler, I'd have none.
    She is likely getting a horse and might want to buy a share in an airplane. I tell her to go nuts! But if she wants ten horses, or her own jet, I might have an issue with that... That's as far as it goes.

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Your wife has rules??? Sorry man but what's wrong with you ?

I don't get how a couple of you can misread the tone of my post so poorly. My wife has a rule: no pinball machines in the dining room. What a crazy loser I must be to marry such a ball and chain! I better get my head checked!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wears-the-pants-in-your-family?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.