Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-1000x689 (resized).jpg
    2ivh1v (resized).jpg
    Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped (resized).jpg
    dmc (resized).jpg
    91F57F00-6C66-407A-984A-67370C30017B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago

Higgins is a man. Won't watch it. James West was anglo,so is the Gunslinger.Buford Pusser was a real guy, couldn't have been the recent portrayal. Dr. Who is male, so is James Bond. Sick of revisionist shows and movies, don't support them.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There we go...was wondering how long it would take for the south to rise again.

OK, ignoring your ignorant insult I suggest the following improvements in character development for revisionist shows;
    Shaft 2018 with Kevin Costner as the street wise John Shaft
    The MLK Story starring Anthony Hopkins
    Bruce Lee Returns with Chris Tucker as the little dragon
    The new Murphy Brown starring Liam Nielsen as the hard-hitting Newsperson
    The Andy Griffith Show starring Ice Cube
    The criticism received for the idiot Director who ruined Steven Kings The Tower character Gunslinger did not come from "Southerners" but top reviewers of Hollywood.
    Sometimes it just doesn't work.

#70 5 years ago

I know you accept Higgins as an American historical figure but he actually isn't one...wait Carolina...maybe you think MLK &amp; Lee are fictional?</blockquote
    Buford Pusser was a real person, a Sheriff from Tennessee. I hate to be the one to break it to you but you sound like an anti-Carolinadite, you should really work on your bias towards people from other geographical areas and quit searching for something to be offended by. You can thank me later for this sound advice.

#81 5 years ago

Buford Pusser was indeed the hero of Walking Tall, and he was a real person, replaced by The Rock. I like the Rock but replacing a historical person with another that doesn't fit the image or reality of that person rarely works. I will admit he is a local hero but Hollywood dollars should do nothing to take away from this mans achievements.
    Roland from the Tower series by Steven King was a Cowboy, in the mold of Clint Eastwood with some Jonah Hex thrown in. Like all true fans I waited for years to see a good adaptation of this guy and it didn't happen, a big fail that translated into lost profits.
    Wild Wild West sucked as a Movie because Robert Conrad was too old to come back and Artie was dead. The travesty they tried to pass off using this franchise was bad, real bad. They didn't properly engage the true fans or they just didn't care.

#83 5 years ago

Forever the younger viewer will associate "Walking Tall" with the revisionist version. It fails to appreciate this one mans efforts to clean out vice and corruption in Mcnairy County using alternative, sometimes heroic and out of the box means to do so.
    It turned important History into an action thriller devoid of truth.

1 week later
    #99 5 years ago

I'm sure you are pretending to be ignorant of the two characters but Buford T Justice was a fictional character played by Jackie Gleason in Smoky and the Bandit.
    Buford Pusser was a real person in Tennessee, several movies were made based on his exploits as Sheriff.
    I can understand your hostility considering the only local hero you have is U.S. Grant.
    When you are visiting Tennessee I would be careful vocalizing disdain for Buford Pusser, a lot of people still care.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

character loosely based on Buford T Justice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-watched-the-new-magnum-pi?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.