Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-1000x689 (resized).jpg
    2ivh1v (resized).jpg
    Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped (resized).jpg
    dmc (resized).jpg
    91F57F00-6C66-407A-984A-67370C30017B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Who watched the Magnum reboot and what did you think?

#4 5 years ago

They rebooted it on CBS. It premiered last night. I am a die hard Magnum P.I. fan (original) Loved the show when it was on in the 80's so I thought I would check this one out. it's decent, but no where close to the original! You can never replace Tom Selleck! It does seem that Hollywood has run out of ideas.

#20 5 years ago

Random thought... Quantum Leap reboot, but bring back Scott Bakula and pick up where they left off! The reason I bring up Quantum Leap is that is another Bellisario show like Magnum P.I. and I believe all the original cast is still alive.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

Well, I watched the original 2 part pilot episode today (Don't Eat The Snow in Hawaii), and it turns out I wasn't bored in the least! I loved it! While I agree that sometimes things don't stand the test of time, in this case, I wasn't remotely disappointed. It's piqued my interest to watch the whole series again.

I told my wife after we watched the reboot that I wanted to watch the whole series over again! The title of last nights episode was "I did see the sun rise" which is a take off of " did you see the sun rise?" A 2 part episode which is one of my favorites.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dean Stockwell isn’t acting any more, but he might come back for this!
    They tried to get a new series going in the early 2000s (I think on sci-fi network) starring Sam’s daughter, trying to find him, and with Al still in the holo-chamber. I thought that was an awesome idea, it gave the show a point, wasn’t a remake, and continued one of the main plotlines of the show (the daughter is from his leap in “Trilogy” where he has a daughter with Abigail, they make a huge deal about it in the show that it’s him who is the dad, not the leapee). They can now cast Bellisario’s daughter in the lead, why not? She’s an actress in something, I read.
    I would TOTALLY watch that show. There are not enough “positive” shows on tv, I am a huge horror fan but i am tired in general of all the over the top drama / scandal/crime stuff that is all over the place.

I never heard that,Sounds like a good story line! I did not that about Dean Stockwell.

1 week later
    #106 5 years ago

Watched the second episode last night, If I watch it without trying to compare it to the original (if that makes sense) it's not bad. Yes Higgins is hot, there is something I never thought I would say! I guess at this point I could take it or leave it.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

The whole thing about the original Higgins was you were not sure if he was REALLY Robin Masters. That was his gimmick. They already dismissed that in the new show.

That's a good point! They played that out to the very end of the series and still never answered the question!

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Really? That woman has no ass and no boobs to speak of. She has a somewhat pretty face but that's about it. To each his own

Didn't say she was a super model, just saying I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers!

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-watched-the-new-magnum-pi?tu=henrydwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.