1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-1000x689 (resized).jpg
    2ivh1v (resized).jpg
    Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped (resized).jpg
    dmc (resized).jpg
    91F57F00-6C66-407A-984A-67370C30017B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from PNorth:

I tried watching the start out of curiosity as Magnum, P.I. was my favourite show as a kid...
    The remake is a travesty.
    The only positive to come from it was wanting a cleanse of watching the original again!

You are gonna watch it and be disappointed. You'll be bored out of your mind.

Everything is great when you are a kid and everything sucks when you are old.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Was stoked til I saw Higgins was a girl now. Not cool. leave my Higgins alone please.

This might be the single-gayest thing ever written here.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Doctor Who is now a woman. Just plain weird.[quoted image]

It's really not.

James Bond as a woman might be weird. 007 as a woman wouldn't be.

This stuff is only weird if you want it to be. Why couldn't Dr. Who be a woman? He's already been an old man...a middle aged man...a young man...seems like the Doctor can be whatever.

You guys have to get over this stuff. Life goes on man.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nor is he a Dr.

There we go...was wondering how long it would take for the south to rise again.

Seriously.

Like...of all the reasons to dislike the WW West remake...one of the WORST movies of all time...is cause they made him black?

Some folks don't even try to hide it around here.

Quoted from poppapin:

What's next transgender?

Sure, why not.

I'd watch a Hunter reboot where the lead was transgender. Especially if the lead was still played by Fred Dryer!

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but is Bakula...currently printing monies with NCIS:NO

Whoa whoa....whoooooa little doiggy no one said black. "Anglo!"

My bad.

How about "thug?"

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I thought that was just me, no?

Face it - these are your squirrel puppy's golden days.

In a couple months he'll be whining about how much better nuts were when he was a kid.

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

I'm waiting for the Murphy Brown reboot tomorrow.

I am NOT watching that.

It's absolutely outrageous that they've recast Murphy Brown as a Latino man. Murphy Brown is an anglo woman, goddammit!!!

#65 1 year ago

I'm still trying to get over

OMG HIGGINS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MAN THEY ARE RAPING MY CHILDHOOD!!!

It's just something that even in these bizarre times I never thought I'd be reading.

Carry on...

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I have no idea whom Bufford Pusser is and I don't think I've mentioned him have I? Is he the real Higgins or something?

I he means Sheriff Buford T Justice?

Dr. Dre is playing him in the remake. I have a feeling it won't go over well with some folks in certain areas.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's Buford Pusser, real sheriff that the Walking Tall movies were based on.

The Rock is pretty light-skinned, does that count for anything as far as quelling the outrage over the portrayal of a character called Chris Vaughn in the movie Walking Tall?

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

There was objections to that because of a specific situation in the second book, which dealt with racism. But, given that the movie wasn't meant to be an direct adaptation of the books(it's a sequel to the books), this was actually fine. And Elba and McConaughey were great in their roles of Roland and Walter. The screenplay was bad(too compressed). But, there was also a lot of blow back for Roland's race that had nothing to do with the interactions with Detta.
    Frankly, aside from the occasionally racism or sexism that pops up and warrants some discussion, it mostly bores me. For example, when I was a wee lad, I loved Transformers. Michael Bay pretty much screwed that whole mythos up with his stupid movies. BUT, I can't bring myself to give much of a shit. Bay can't change the originals, and I'm not obligated to watch his crap. So, why should I care? To bring this back on topic, I can watch the original MPi. I don't have to care about this version, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to get worked up over it, regardless of my feelings for the original.

But Higgins is a man now.

They've taken one of the manliest characters in modern fiction, HIGGINS - who basically defined manhood in the 1980s - and stripped away his boiling, throbbing masculinity to the point where he has a vagina, all to bow to PC sensibilities.

Think about that for a while and let it really sink in.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Buford Pusser was indeed the hero of Walking Tall, and he was a real person, replaced by The Rock. I like the Rock but replacing a historical person with another that doesn't fit the image or reality of that person rarely works. I will admit he is a local hero but Hollywood dollars should do nothing to take away from this mans achievements.
    Roland from the Tower series by Steven King was a Cowboy, in the mold of Clint Eastwood with some Jonah Hex thrown in. Like all true fans I waited for years to see a good adaptation of this guy and it didn't happen, a big fail that translated into lost profits.
    Wild Wild West sucked as a Movie because Robert Conrad was too old to come back and Artie was dead. The travesty they tried to pass off using this franchise was bad, real bad. They didn't properly engage the true fans or they just didn't care.

Chris Vaughn bro. He was playing some guy named Chris Vaughn.

Not Buford T justice.

Look it up.

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Forever the younger viewer will associate "Walking Tall" with the revisionist version. It fails to appreciate this one mans efforts to clean out vice and corruption in Mcnairy County using alternative, sometimes heroic and out of the box means to do so.
    It turned important History into an action thriller devoid of truth.

I hate to tell you, that movie is completely forgotten outside of conspiracy theory websites and nobody gives a fuck who played a character loosely based on Buford T Justice.

I’ve certainly never seen it and it’s not on my wish list. I’m waiting for them to remake it with a little person albino playing the lead.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from janus:

My problem with this reboot, having just seen the teasers is how it in no way reflects the original series while trying to. The original was story based, Magnum was never an action hero. A good bar fight usually, now he's jumping from speeding vehicles, really?
    Higgins being a woman is such a significant change to the show, it should be called something else. The beauty of the Magnum/ Higgins relationship drove the show. Making Higgins a woman, a young sexy woman at that, introduces sexual tension that didn't exist in the original, and there's now no longer the age and societal gap that made the show work.
    It seems to me it's easier to have big explosions and kick ass special effects than to write an engaging story. Good Luck

The funniest thing about this is the obvious sexual tension between old school magnum and Higgins sailed completely over your head. Not surprised.

How did you not notice that magnum was basically a kept boy? And those mustaches, girl!!!

#101 1 year ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm sure you are pretending to be ignorant of the two characters but Buford T Justice was a fictional character played by Jackie Gleason in Smoky and the Bandit.
    Buford Pusser was a real person in Tennessee, several movies were made based on his exploits as Sheriff.
    I can understand your hostility considering the only local hero you have is U.S. Grant.
    When you are visiting Tennessee I would be careful vocalizing disdain for Buford Pusser, a lot of people still care.

Sorry man I have trouble telling my buffoonish redneck caricatures apart.

Next time I'm at Dollywood I'll be sure to refer to Buford T Justice with the upmost respect!

On the real though, I've never heard of mr. Pusser before. We all have our regional folk heroes (I wouldn't expect you to know who Baltimore's Wild Bill Hagy is). But getting annoyed that a non-white person has portrayed a character loosley BASED UPON one of them is kind of petty, and comparing it to a white person portraying MLK is downright ridiculous and makes no sense.

I feel like we all have to walk tall above this kind of silliness.

#103 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ZING! (? No idea what this means)
    Poor Teddy Roosevelt, no respect

I think U.S. Grant was a prohibition era bootlegger?

I'm pretty pissed off because a recent Matt Damon mob period piece movie had a similar character named Chico who was played by Chris Rock in a desperate play at an Oscar. Shameful!

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Really? That woman has no ass and no boobs to speak of. She has a somewhat pretty face but that's about it. To each his own

Higgins was WAY hotter when I was a kid!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,700.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 4,199.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 100.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 57.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside