Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-1000x689 (resized).jpg
    2ivh1v (resized).jpg
    Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped (resized).jpg
    dmc (resized).jpg
    91F57F00-6C66-407A-984A-67370C30017B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

I tried watching the start out of curiosity as Magnum, P.I. was my favourite show as a kid...

The remake is a travesty.

The only positive to come from it was wanting a cleanse of watching the original again!

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are gonna watch it and be disappointed. You'll be bored out of your mind.
    Everything is great when you are a kid and everything sucks when you are old.

Well, I watched the original 2 part pilot episode today (Don't Eat The Snow in Hawaii), and it turns out I wasn't bored in the least! I loved it! While I agree that sometimes things don't stand the test of time, in this case, I wasn't remotely disappointed. It's piqued my interest to watch the whole series again.

Tom Selleck brings something quintessential to the role... the new guy looks like a kid in his Dad's suit. There's no presence about him. You never get the idea that the new guy has the life experience or vulnerability that Selleck portrayed. Jonathan Higgins was a wealth of wisdom and experience, if a bit stodgy. Juliette Higgins is a young attractive blonde that just seems to do yoga at Robin's Nest.

(Spoilers) They have more supercars than they know what to do with (why not crash them all?), and they really jumped the shark in the penultimate scene when "Magnum" jumps out of the 308 that's sliding off a cliff, while shooting the bad guys in the chase vehicle, and grabs the skid of TC's helicopter, escaping the plunge to his demise.

Other than Selleck having to pull off the road to use a pay phone (which was a nostalgic moment) and other odd times, it didn't seem horribly dated to me. The original Magnum, P.I. is awesome, and it's no wonder it was so popular back then.

#32 5 years ago

"Oh... my... GOD!!!" John Hillerman was inimitable as Higgins, but I don't have any problem with Higgins being cast as woman... just give the character a reason for being there!

I don't see any problems with The Doctor being female either... Time Lords are aliens, so who knows what their regeneration will have them look like? As long as she plays the role well, it's got great possibility of breathing a fresh perspective of the The Doctor, and it's fine by me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNorth.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-watched-the-new-magnum-pi?tu=PNorth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.