Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-1000x689 (resized).jpg
    2ivh1v (resized).jpg
    Don_Knotts_Andy_Griffith_Show_Cropped (resized).jpg
    dmc (resized).jpg
    91F57F00-6C66-407A-984A-67370C30017B (resized).jpeg
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I'm sure you are pretending to be ignorant of the two characters but Buford T Justice was a fictional character played by Jackie Gleason in Smoky and the Bandit.
    Buford Pusser was a real person in Tennessee, several movies were made based on his exploits as Sheriff.
    I can understand your hostility considering the only local hero you have is U.S. Grant.
    When you are visiting Tennessee I would be careful vocalizing disdain for Buford Pusser, a lot of people still care.

Sorry man I have trouble telling my buffoonish redneck caricatures apart.

Next time I'm at Dollywood I'll be sure to refer to Buford T Justice with the upmost respect!

On the real though, I've never heard of mr. Pusser before. We all have our regional folk heroes (I wouldn't expect you to know who Baltimore's Wild Bill Hagy is). But getting annoyed that a non-white person has portrayed a character loosley BASED UPON one of them is kind of petty, and comparing it to a white person portraying MLK is downright ridiculous and makes no sense.

I feel like we all have to walk tall above this kind of silliness.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I can understand your hostility considering the only local hero you have is U.S. Grant.

ZING! (? No idea what this means)

Poor Teddy Roosevelt, no respect

Quoted from phil-lee:

When you are visiting Tennessee I would be careful vocalizing disdain for Buford Pusser, a lot of people still care.

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

ZING! (? No idea what this means)
    Poor Teddy Roosevelt, no respect

I think U.S. Grant was a prohibition era bootlegger?

I'm pretty pissed off because a recent Matt Damon mob period piece movie had a similar character named Chico who was played by Chris Rock in a desperate play at an Oscar. Shameful!

#104 5 years ago

We are still watching this one after 2 episodes. For me I don't need to judge/compare a reboot with the original. Nobody is stopping anyone from watching the original if that is what they want to do with their Friday evenings. As far as lite entertainment that I'm not being asked to pay extra for, I think it's fine. I like that they are tying in with the other CBS Hawaii-based show with having a few crossover characters and locations, a nice touch.

For the folks here saying they are outraged because Higgens is now a hot girl instead of a fat old guy... yeah, all I can say is if you are really into that you can come over and watch me mow my grass sometime, maybe I'll talk to you in a drab British accent if that helps...

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

For the folks here saying they are outraged because Higgens is now a hot girl instead of a fat old guy... yeah, all I can say is if you are really into that you can come over and watch me mow my grass sometime, maybe I'll talk to you in a drab British accent if that helps...

Ha! LOL

#106 5 years ago

Watched the second episode last night, If I watch it without trying to compare it to the original (if that makes sense) it's not bad. Yes Higgins is hot, there is something I never thought I would say! I guess at this point I could take it or leave it.

#107 5 years ago

The whole thing about the original Higgins was you were not sure if he was REALLY Robin Masters. That was his gimmick. They already dismissed that in the new show.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from MRG:

The whole thing about the original Higgins was you were not sure if he was REALLY Robin Masters. That was his gimmick. They already dismissed that in the new show.

That's a good point! They played that out to the very end of the series and still never answered the question!

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

Watched the second episode last night, If I watch it without trying to compare it to the original (if that makes sense) it's not bad. Yes Higgins is hot, there is something I never thought I would say! I guess at this point I could take it or leave it.

Really? That woman has no ass and no boobs to speak of. She has a somewhat pretty face but that's about it. To each his own

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Really? That woman has no ass and no boobs to speak of. She has a somewhat pretty face but that's about it. To each his own

Didn't say she was a super model, just saying I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers!

MV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjEwNjM4OTEwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUwNzQxMTE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #111 5 years ago

She is pretty there.

#112 5 years ago

Magnum PI is officially out! Too much other good stuff out there....

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Higgins was WAY hotter when I was a kid!!!

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Magnum PI is officially out!

Jesus tap dancing F&*%ing Christ now he's gay too?!?! Just you think your childhood couln't be ruined anymore

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok then, whatever you say.

#117 5 years ago

I watched it last night because nothing else was on. I guess that's the way they planned it.

#118 5 years ago

Watched 911, Jennifer Love Hewitt still nice to look at..

2 years later
    #119 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I didn't care much for the new MacGyver

New MacGyver at least doesn't over fuse the situation and catch your shit on fire. And new Magnum isn't some grumpy old dude. Plus Higgins is way hotter.

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-watched-the-new-magnum-pi/page/3?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.