Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Brazy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So the wifey and I were watching the Sevierville auction video on Youtube. Her curiosity got the nest of her and she actually wrote down every single game, its winning price, and what bidder won it.

Bidder 400 paid $55,000 + bidder's fees, taxes, etc....

That's a heck of a haul!

And it got me curious. Who was it?

Obviously an operator in the area, but is it someone like a Dave & Busters? Or another FEC in the area?

On a side note, that Munster's sold for $5,000. Was there something wrong with it that hardly anyone bid on it?

#2 3 years ago

Munsters is kind of a dog...

Old man theme that the youngins don't recognize, shallower code than most 90's games, annoying multiplier button mash meter, etc.

#3 3 years ago

Bidder 400 was most likely an unofficial employee of the auction company. They buy back and take to next auction. Of course they'll deny that, but those games mysteriously end up at the next auction. That's what used to happen anyways.

#4 3 years ago

Are you sure they weren't buy-backs? That auction lets the owner buy it back for a $10 fee since they don't have reserve prices. There have always been a lot of buy backs there, but it's harder to see when it is in person.

$10 is way better than loosing $100's on a Munster's.

#5 3 years ago

Bidder 400 is probably Scott Wright. Scott Wright is based out of Peru IN and buys tens of thousands of dollars of items at the Seiverville and Winston Salem auctions each time. He usually shows up with 5-6 trucks to each auction to haul it all away and then sells everything on Facebook.

#6 3 years ago

What do you get for 55K?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

What do you get for 55K?

Topper

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Bidder 400 is probably Scott Wright. Scott Wright is based out of Peru IN and buys tens of thousands of dollars of items at the Seiverville and Winston Salem auctions each time. He usually shows up with 5-6 trucks to each auction to haul it all away and then sells everything on Facebook.

This is the correct answer. He bought a big buck arcade i was selling for around 700 and it was on facebook for 1500 shortly after.

#10 3 years ago

Buy backs by the sellers are why I don’t attend these auctions. They can “bid” against you to raise the price of their own games. Or maybe they get their buddy to bid against you as well when they have no intention of actually purchasing

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Munsters is kind of a dog...
    Old man theme that the youngins don't recognize

Old man theme that even some older men no longer care for. At least in a new pinball game.

And somebody that would pay over $50k for any pinball machine has more throwaway money than most of us.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And somebody that would pay over $50k for any pinball machine has more throwaway money than most of us.

I think what he’s saying is the total of all lots hammered down to that bidder number totaled over 50k. Not 50k for one machine.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

That's what I was thinking...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-was-bidder-400?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.