• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

start_button_wiring.jpg
extra_ball_wiring.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Actually I need help this is my tz start button and extra ball button. the one with the soldered wires is the extra ball is this original it has diodes on it and the start button dosn't. I'm pretty sure it is a re-import because there is a weird female power cord in it. Any info would help a lot I am having trouble finding pics/wiring info?

extra_ball_wiring.jpgextra_ball_wiring.jpg start_button_wiring.jpgstart_button_wiring.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Both should have diodes, as both are on the lamp and switch matrix.

The diodes for the start button are probably on the coin door interface board.

Whether it is a export game or not shouldn't matter; condition is king!

#3 11 years ago

Thank you for the help I guess my question is which one is factory original if you look at the top picture that is the extra ball button and it has two wires soldered to the bottom pins with a diode briged to the pin pointing to the back of the machice and the bottom picture has 1 wire going into the bottom pin and one on the pin facing the back. Im just not sure which is the original. the extra ball button solder looks sloppy and is wired differently and thats the one I have to replace. So I guess my question is can I use the crimp connectors on the extra ball and do I need to wire it differently than the start button and add diodes?

#4 11 years ago

I just looked at mine and oddly enough, start game has the quick connects and extra ball is soldered. I would guess what you have is factory. Can you get into switch test to see if they work? Wire colors are in the manual.

#5 11 years ago

Solder is normal on an extra ball button like that. They had to have some way to attach the diodes. The start button had the push on terminals, since the diodes are on the coin door interface board.

#6 11 years ago

Oh they do work I was just replacing the extra ball buton because it was broke and once in a while when pressed would get pushed out of the housing. I'ts just the big difference in the way they were wired and the diodes was throwing me off and if the soldered button with diodes was a hack but working I dident was to duplicate it. Thanks for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 132.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 22.50
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-to-play-name-that-hack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.