(Topic ID: 219882)

Who wants there to be a guitar hero live pin?

By Arcadefan

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who wants there to be a guitar hero live pin?”

• yes 8 votes
      11%
    • no 65 votes
      89%

(73 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60113D26-FF92-430E-8783-015BC26DA567.gif
    967BA5B9-3691-4714-AF6B-92D3935AD9EC.gif
    !!e!VWu!!mM_$(KGrHqUOKnIEz6TrDnSKBNP4Uunpdg___1 (resized).jpeg
    GH Arcade (resized).png
    big_7fe17bkkk519ab582c1b9fe4405a48509d0 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

The game is so awesome it deserves to be a pinball machine theme.

#2 5 years ago

have a good day

#3 5 years ago

It might have worked 8 years ago, I don’t think it would today. I think that at its peak with guitar hero 3 and rock band out it may have worked. Who knows?? I did own a couple guitar hero games and they were fun with family and friends.

3 weeks later
    #4 5 years ago

it will be cool stop disliking

#5 5 years ago

why is everyone disliking i really want it to happen come on stern pinball

#6 5 years ago

Its not that they dislike it, just past its' prime.

#7 5 years ago

i love the game

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

i love the game

It's quite obvious from your tone, but it's not only far past its' prime, there's also the fact that not everything translates to pinball.

GH/RB are rhythm games (fun rhythm games. I've owned them all back to the days of Frequency and Amplitude, and had a band mate who worked for Harmonix), where pinball involves an occasionally-controlled ball in mostly chaotic motion.

Almost never in pinball do you have rhythm, but you can occasionally have flow but not in a set frequency. Therefore unless you can determine how such rhythm gameplay would properly integrate into a pinball game that never has rhythm, and how this would be fun... AND most importantly - how it would sell to the masses, you're just jumping up and down excitedly but not catching a single person's attention.

#9 5 years ago

So will it have five flipper buttons?

#10 5 years ago

o-din yes

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Its not that they dislike it, just past its' prime.

It may have to be long past it's prime for pinball to even consider it. I mean that's just the way it is.

#12 5 years ago

start liking the poll
    please

#13 5 years ago

Past its prime...unlike Batman 66, AC/DC, WWE, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Wheel of Fortune, etc... I don't think Stern always cares about something being at the peak of popularity.

I think Guitar Hero pin could be fun...plus great varied soundtrack. The GH arcade game at the local theater is still in the top 3 earning games (and earns almost double what TWD, ST, and MET pins combined).

2 weeks later
    #14 5 years ago

Still no guitar hero live pinball???

#15 5 years ago

Our whole family (kid old enough to play it now) LOVES Guitar Hero Live - we play it on the AppleTV. Having played previous ones for fun, but not to mastery or anything, the tweaks and enhancements made to the gameplay really knocked it out of the park. Sadly, it tanked - people at large were apparently just burnt on plastic peripherals, the franchise, whatever....but a re-engineered game fell on dead sales I doubt Activision are going to make new content or ports.

#16 5 years ago

2005 called and wants its fad back.

#17 5 years ago

Yeah, everyone loves pins based on video games - Roller Coaster Tycoon, SF2, Super Mario Bros....

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

Yeah, everyone loves pins based on video games - Roller Coaster Tycoon, SF2, Super Mario Bros....

To be fair, those are some very poorly executed pins, they weren’t going to be top tier machines no matter what the licenses were. There are some great video game brands that would make great pins if executed properly.

#19 5 years ago

If you gave Stern a couple million bucks, I'm sure they'd be happy to build you one... In all seriousness, are you handy? Maybe you could try a re-theme with a Proc?

#20 5 years ago

anyone
    more

#21 5 years ago

The problem is that guitar rock is finished.

Look at the Billboard Top 100 Hits:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100

Not a single guitar based band.

When the genre you like, is 0% of the popular music, it's a pretty good sign it's over.

When the youngest guitar god is now qualified for AARP (Buckethead is 50 years old), it's a pretty good sign it's over.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The problem is that guitar rock is finished.
    Look at the Billboard Top 100 Hits:
    https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100
    Not a single guitar based band.
    When the genre you like, is 0% of the popular music, it's a pretty good sign it's over.
    When the youngest guitar god is now qualified for AARP (Buckethead is 50 years old), it's a pretty good sign it's over.

I hear ya vid, but he’s talking about guitar hero live.. that game features basically all pop songs. Britney Spears, Bruno mars, Katie perry... yea
    Guitar hero 1-3 rocked! Literally.. I even had the metallica version
    I like the idea for a video mode on a music pin tho!

#23 5 years ago

I’m an Arcadefan guy. I’m with you, bro!

#24 5 years ago

I like to watch people try to play the Buckethead Jordan in Guitar Hero II

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

I hear ya vid, but he’s talking about guitar hero live.. that game features basically all pop songs. Britney Spears, Bruno mars, Katie perry... yea

I remember the Katy Perry, but I don't remember it having Britney.

Must have been a latter add on or something.

big_7fe17bkkk519ab582c1b9fe4405a48509d0 (resized).jpgbig_7fe17bkkk519ab582c1b9fe4405a48509d0 (resized).jpg
    #26 5 years ago

I have often thought that this would make a great pin. Never mind the haters. Here is my labor of love for this game. Runs a PS3 (also Mame)

GH Arcade (resized).pngGH Arcade (resized).png
    #27 5 years ago

To play the song you have to use the flipper buttons to plaay the coming notes

#28 5 years ago

I will have a lcd screen

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

I will have a lcd screen

Most do.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I remember the Katy Perry, but I don't remember it having Britney.
    Must have been a latter add on or something. [quoted image]

Britney may have been an add on. But still Eminem, Rihanna.. it’s nowhere near what it was. I loved the first 2 games three was pretty great too. I remember playing 2 in the bars karaoke style lol

#31 5 years ago

I think part of it too is that Rocksmith kind of made the Guitar Hero games obsolete. People were playing Guitar Hero because they wanted to feel like they were playing a real guitar but that technology didn't exist in 2005. Now it does, so the plastic instruments feel a little obsolete.

3 months later
    #33 5 years ago

Would be an awful theme for pinball and a big waste.

#34 5 years ago

By the crickets and downvotes to your awful bumps, you should get the hint by now. It’s not gonna happen.

Now give your mom her laptop back.

#35 5 years ago

I think there could be a nugget of a good idea of hitting shots "in rhythm," but it would gain so little from the Guitar Hero branding and be a nightmare to license a bunch of music from multiple artists. I also don't think that the gimmick is strong enough to be the core gameplay on a pinball machine.

People who are into Guitar Hero just play Guitar Hero. It's already an interactive experience. It's not like other video games that could make an excellent theme (Zelda for example), because the gameplay is so incredibly stripped down and there is no lore/theme/etc to draw inspiration from.

Bad idea all around. Especially in 2018. Even in 2006 this would have been a terrible idea for a game, although I'm sure Stern could have cashed in on the popularity. It's bad enough there are millions of plastic instruments junking up Good Will. We don't need Guitar Hero Pinball junking up gamerooms.

#36 5 years ago

Maybe you should move on to a Halo themed pinball, better chance of that happening.

#37 5 years ago

Come on guys! How about a PaRappa the Rappa pin! ........too old???

!!e!VWu!!mM_$(KGrHqUOKnIEz6TrDnSKBNP4Uunpdg___1 (resized).jpeg!!e!VWu!!mM_$(KGrHqUOKnIEz6TrDnSKBNP4Uunpdg___1 (resized).jpeg
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Come on guys! How about a PaRappa the Rappa pin! ........too old???[quoted image]

Cuphead would be a beautiful game.

967BA5B9-3691-4714-AF6B-92D3935AD9EC.gif967BA5B9-3691-4714-AF6B-92D3935AD9EC.gif60113D26-FF92-430E-8783-015BC26DA567.gif60113D26-FF92-430E-8783-015BC26DA567.gif
    #39 5 years ago
    Quoted from BrooklynDrug:

Would be an awful theme for pinball and a big waste.

Aren't they all?

3 weeks later
    #40 5 years ago

it will soon be xmas

#41 5 years ago

And then .......?

1 week later
    #42 5 years ago

Who wants this because I do

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

No one but you. So either go homebrew one up yourself, or give it a rest.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcadefan:

Literally no one but you wants this.
    Buy an actual guitar, and play that.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-there-to-be-a-guitar-hero-live-pin?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.