(Topic ID: 242465)

Who wants PDI glass for Early Bally SS wide bodies?

By joefox22

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by kklank
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

I am looking to find a minimum of 4 other people who would be interested in purchasing a sheet of extra wide PDI glass for one of the following Pins:
Paragon
Embryon
Hot Doggin
Future Spa
Space Invaders
I spoke with Joey from pinballdecals.com and he said the extra large size of glass at 27.5x 43 could be custom made as long as we have 5 sheets ordered. I'm in on one for my paragon. Anyone else interested? Looks like it will Run about $400 a sheet with custom order and shipping
Let me know.
Thanks,
Joe

#2 5 months ago

Yeesh...

You can buy a whole game for that.

#3 5 months ago

OP may want to change your post to just state wodebody as opposed to just Bally. There are a lot of widebody games out there that would help you get more than enough people. Just an example, I see a lot of people restoring Gottlieb Spirit and it's a widebody! Obviously would need to confirm the size of the original glass but again opening this up will help you reach that minimal order.

#4 5 months ago

The widebody Gottliebs are all different sizes and lengths than the Bally's and even the Williams of the time. It makes sense to group the buy into just the Bally's.

I would love to have a sheet, but damn that is more than I paid for my Future Spa...

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

The widebody Gottliebs are all different sizes and lengths than the Bally's and even the Williams of the time. It makes sense to group the buy into just the Bally's.
I would love to have a sheet, but damn that is more than I paid for my Future Spa...

Thanks for clarifying!

#6 5 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

There are a lot of widebody games out there that would help you get more than enough people. Just an example, I see a lot of people restoring Gottlieb Spirit and it's a widebody!

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible for them to make PDI glass for the widebody Gottliebs. I've talked with Roman about this, and they are limited to a length of 1090mm. This equates to about 43 inches. The glass on the widebody Gottliebs is over 48 inches.

#7 5 months ago

This must be for your new Paragon?

#8 5 months ago
Quoted from Turtle:

This must be for your new Paragon?

I have no idea what your taking about . Lol

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Yeesh...
You can buy a whole game for that.

not for long...

#10 5 months ago

I was in on a group buy of the same size/type of glass last year and it was a complete success. Hope you get it done, because for the discerning collector it's well worth the price. My HUO Paragon looks 100 times better since I got the PDI glass.

Gweem, that's a real bummer about the Gottlieb glass. I found this thread because I'm looking to buy a sheet of PDI for my recently restored Spirit. Dang!

1 week later
#11 4 months ago

I want pdi for my space invaders ate uou still looking

#12 4 months ago

Meant to say are you still looking

2 weeks later
#13 4 months ago

Yes I’m still waiting for a quote back from PDI

#14 4 months ago
Quoted from joefox22:

Yes I’m still waiting for a quote back from PDI

I am interested also

2 weeks later
#15 3 months ago

I'm interested. 2 sheets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Monson, MA
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside