(Topic ID: 54017)

Who wants an IRON MAIDEN pinball machine???

By thedarkknight77

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 216 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6023 (resized).JPG
    Capture (resized).JPG
    pinball=maiden.jpg
    Ed Roth.jpg
    dirty donny.jpg1.jpg
    PowerslaveEddie.jpg
    14Fright666.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Iron%20MaidenTORONTO-08.jpg
    b&d.jpg
    PowerSlave3.png
    PowerslaveEddie.jpg
    Powerslave.jpg
    manowarkingdom.jpg
    Manowar-Gods-of-War.jpg
    There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 10 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

With this cab:

Does anyone know who owns this IM pin? I'd love to email him. Please PM me!!!

#102 10 years ago

I'll wait for a good band like children of bodom, in flames, 3 inches of blood , slayer or tool txs.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'll wait for a good band like children of bodom, in flames, 3 inches of blood , slayer or tool txs.

It's going to be a LONG wait.

#104 10 years ago

Slayer is just as realistic as maiden, maybe more so as there a slayer pinball app already.

#105 10 years ago

Slayer is just as realistic as maiden, maybe more so as there a slayer pinball app already.

That's funny material.

Although I love slayer:

Iron Maiden has sold 85 million albums vs. Slayer's 19 million.

Iron Maiden had the #1 album in 28 countries in 2012 vs. Slayer's never having a #1 anywhere (or even an album release since 2009).

#106 10 years ago

Dear Stern,
    Just make an Iron Maiden machine so I can stop fucking hearing aboot it. The pissing and moaning aboot it for the last year is just mind numbing. Is it a dumb idea to me? Of course...but so was Metallica and so far it's a pretty good game.
    -Jesus.

#107 10 years ago

Yet slayer is more well known in North America

If album sales dictate pinball sales should we expect a bieber, mj, jt, perhaps a Garth brooks pin? I could go on but I digress. Perhaps a Britney Spears pin, tilt me baby one more time.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

You sure have something going on about Egyptians hahaha
    Pretty sure powerslave artwork would be one of the first choice
    Great song selection, so many great hits.
    22 acacia avenue
    Die with your boots on
    Phantom of the Opera
    Can i play with madness
    Alexander the great
    Bring your daughter to the slaughter
    Caught somewhere in time
    How can you choose 12 songs ?

Another reason why I say why only 12 songs but then again my only complaint about the band is short set lists on live shows usually only 15 or 16 songs. Hour and a half show only and maybe someday we will get a 20 plus song set 2 hr show. Also maybe the set list will actually include Infinite Dreams that we have been waiting forever to hear live. Oh well at least I have the two song cd with live version.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from GUMBO:

Nope not me....Would rather see an Ozzy pinAll aboard!!!!!!!!! Ahhahahaaaaa

Perferably Sabbath thought right?

#110 10 years ago

Proably have to make our own.

#111 10 years ago

Yet slayer is more well known in North AmericaIf album sales dictate pinball sales should we expect a bieber, mj, jt, perhaps a Garth brooks pin? I could go on but I digress. Perhaps a Britney Spears pin, tilt me baby one more time.

Tilt me baby one more time that's a good one.

#112 10 years ago

so when was their last big hit?
    surely there must be a better band out there to base a pin on
    Children of bodom, lets do it!

The final frontier album, 2010. #1 in Germany and UK, #4 in the US. Gold status in Sweden and Italy.
    BTW - when had the Beatles or Pink Floyd their "last big hit"?

And who's children of bodom?

#113 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's funny material.
    Although I love slayer:
    Iron Maiden has sold 85 million albums vs. Slayer's 19 million.
    Iron Maiden had the #1 album in 28 countries in 2012 vs. Slayer's never having a #1 anywhere (or even an album release since 2009).

Again, Vid proves he is a wise man.

Slayer played Auckland, played a 1000 person venue. I went, to be honest I left before the end because it was boring.

Maiden played Auckland, got 35,000, it was outside in a stadium and the weather was shocking. Would have been 50,000 otherwise.

rd

#114 10 years ago

If album sales dictate pinball sales should we expect a bieber, mj, jt, perhaps a Garth brooks pin? I could go on but I digress. Perhaps a Britney Spears pin, tilt me baby one more time.

LOL You are so out of touch dude. Slayer more well known that Iron Maiden. Ok...

#115 10 years ago

I don't like iron maiden but i wish you well. Another pinball table made is always a positive in my book.

#116 10 years ago

50 year old men probably don't listen Bieber and Timberlake, and 50 year old men are the people who buy pinball machines.

There was a Brooks & Dunn pinball machine prototype 20 years ago, so a Garth Brooks pin might have been a good idea back before he retired.

b&d.jpgb&d.jpg

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The 2012 album "The Final Frontier" was #1 in the following countries:
    Austria
    Brazil
    Bulgaria
    Canada
    Chile
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India
    Italy
    Mexico
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Portugal
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    UK
    Americans, who don't travel abroad, have no idea how GIGANTIC Iron Maiden is world wide.

Honestly, I knew Iron Maiden was big overseas, but had no idea. It's just crazy to me they are almost non existent in the States.

Just curious if anyone knows percentages of Sterns overseas sales? Once again, my guess is at least 3 to 1 US sales vs Non US.

#118 10 years ago

Toasterdog. Just because you dont know of them, that makes them almost non-existent? As many people as you know who havent heard of them, I know as many that have.

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Just curious if anyone knows percentages of Sterns overseas sales?

Gary said last year the 50-60% of all the games go overseas.

Obviously the percentage of Maiden games would be even larger.

#121 10 years ago

I added all you guys to a list I started in another thread about who's in to buy an Iron Maiden pin if Stern decides to create one :

Goodgameslover
    Squeakman
    Freezie
    Dirk
    Hoby1
    Skulz
    Bigduke6
    Pinstym
    Rockfantasyman
    Roostking
    Sealclubber
    Jints56

List is already at 49 different people in 1 day. Some people are in for even more than 1 machine.

#122 10 years ago

They can send all the maiden pins overseas if you ask me...except for the 37 pinsiders want to buy.

Sorry I am out of touch with 80's metal bands that suck and lost relevance in North America 20 years ago. My apologies.

If Europe is the target market and what we base relevant and popular music on then I guess we should expect some black/death metal pins soon with burn the church and pasty white makeup modes.

#123 10 years ago

They can send all the maiden pins overseas if you ask me...except for the 37 pinsiders want to buy.
    Sorry I am out of touch with 80's metal bands that suck and lost relevance in North America 20 years ago. My apologies.
    If Europe is the target market and what we base relevant and popular music on then I guess we should expect some black/death metal pins soon with burn the church and pasty white makeup modes.

Yet you keep asking for Slayer

Sounds like most of your karma points lately are the results of Iron Maiden bashing

#124 10 years ago

My head hurt cause nothing makes sense no more

Your avatar is a picture of you and a white pasty makeup modes anti-Christ burn the church Marilyn Manson.

#125 10 years ago

Lol ahhh the irony

Slayer isn't irrelevant...yet

Actually my points are from my excellent reviews of games

Anyways I hope it happens for you guys it will be interesting to see how it works out

1 month later
    #126 10 years ago

So Iron maiden is in the Making ?

Iron%20MaidenTORONTO-08.jpgIron%20MaidenTORONTO-08.jpg

#127 10 years ago

They could do so much with the Iron Miden artwork and music. Would truly be an awesome machine!

#128 10 years ago

I'll be buying this game WHEN it comes out.
    Iron Maiden > ACDC > Metallica

#129 10 years ago

MAIDEN!!!'

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#130 10 years ago

Fuckin' yes a maiden pin would be awesome,WAYYYYY!!! bigger than manson. How could someone even compare the 2 and still say they are a music fan? I'm not slamming any music at all as I love me alllll different kinds and they all have a place but that being said NO other band these days can hold a candle in terms of ticket sales to maiden. Put me down for an LE.

7 months later
    #131 10 years ago

Time to get this Maiden flame burning again...............Super bump!

#132 10 years ago

I am in would be my first NIB ! I couldn't think of any better theme then this for me personally.

#133 10 years ago

Bring on Iron Maiden or Megadeth. Either could have killer art and toys. C'mon Stern do it!!!!

#134 10 years ago

Do it

#135 10 years ago

I haven't listened to Maiden since I was maybe 14, can't say their music really excites me all that much anymore. But I'd be interested just because of the theme and artwork that would come with it. And I don't mind the music, rather listen to them than AC/DC frankly. But Eddie all over the place with hand drawn art by Riggs? I'm paying attention.

So not even a fan and I'd love to see it get made.

14Fright666.jpg14Fright666.jpg

#136 10 years ago

When I went to high school all the "heads" (guys with long hair, skinny jeans and jean jackets smoking cigarettes and other stuff that is now legal in Colorado) were wearing Iron Maiden and Judas Priest T-shirts. I remember seeing kids wearing Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and Metallica T shirts from 1983 till about 1992. These "kids are now all grown up and are anywhere from 38-55 years old with deep pockets. These "kids" live world wide and still sell out Iron Maiden shows. Just because they aren't as popular as they were in the 80's in the USA does not make them a bad choice for a pinball machine. The artwork alone would be worth admission. I am a fan of Iron Maiden especially the trio of albums "The Number of the Beast", "Piece of Mind" and "Powerslave". I get goosebumps thinking about "The Trooper" as a mode or "Aces High" mulitball. A 1000 LE's would sell out in an hour. Even quicker than Metallica.

#137 10 years ago

I think this pin is probably being worked on as we speak (type). With SO much great art and endless tracklist, putting it together would be painstakingly time consuming. Worldwide sales, not even including North America, would be staggering. Up the Irons.

#138 10 years ago

C'mon over Aurich ole buddy. Got some Maiden and Mobb Deep. We've got both. Country and Western. Lol. Bring yer own beer though. Mine are spoken for.

#139 10 years ago

Steve Harris is God.

#140 10 years ago

I think Led Zepplin will be the next music pin...then Maiden in 2016. Just a feeling. No inside info. Every time we take my son to visit the folks at Stern, he tells Gary that Iron Maiden should be made. Yeah, I raised him right.

Love the idea somebody had in the other thread that was just bumped saying post-game music should be, "Always look on the bright side of life..."

Up the Irons!

#141 10 years ago

I like Iron Maiden.
    I like older Metallica, I kind of even like AC/DC.
    Do I need to hear their songs all the time, most of which I know by heart over and over again.
    Nope.

#142 10 years ago

is this really something people are clamoring for? I mean the art is fantastic no disagreement there, but I don't see what all the love is about with the music. Michael Jackson was HUGE in Europe but there was never a need to have a pin made of him...actually that might not be a horrible pin theme...

#143 10 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

I like Iron Maiden.
    I like older Metallica, I kind of even like AC/DC.
    Do I need to hear their songs all the time, most of which I know by heart over and over again.
    Nope.

You suck Dave
    I want Iron Maiden,to go with my AC/DC,Metallica,and GnR.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

C'mon over Aurich ole buddy. Got some Maiden and Mobb Deep. We've got both ! Country and Western ! Lol. Bring yer own beer though. Mine are spoken for.

Hmm. If you put on The Infamous I'd probably be happier than anything from Maiden honestly. I'm gluten intolerant, I'd have to bring my own beer anyways.

My musical tastes tend towards the pin-unfriendly sadly, I can get with Metallica, but I'd rather have Morbid Angel, and while I still like Mobb Deep, you put on some E-40 or Atlanta trap I'm gonna be a happier camper. Not holding my breath for the Gucci Mane and Young Thug pin though!

Everyone has their own tastes and pet themes, I tend to look on the practical side. An Iron Maiden pin might not be my number one musical choice, but from a thematic standpoint it could kick AC/DC's ass, just needs the right design and code to bring it to life.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

You suck Dave
    I want Iron Maiden,to go with my AC/DC,Metallica,and GnR.

DOH, forgot about GNR.
    Kinda like that pin to be honest. Even though I don't like the band that much.

#146 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starbuck77:

Michael Jackson was HUGE in Europe but there was never a need to have a pin made of him...actually that might not be a horrible pin theme...

No pin, but Sega did release a Michael Jackson's Moonwalker videogame for the arcades.

#147 10 years ago

Agreed, Aurich. FL death metal is unfuckwithable. Love some Deicide myself. But the Maiden artwork alone just begs for a pin.

#148 10 years ago

I have been reading the past posts and the one thing I can't get over is the thinking IM is not big in North America. I have a 19 year old daughter who loves them and she has friends who love them as well. I went to a sold out concert in the Bay area in 2012 and I can tell you there were fans of all (12-60) ages at the show. T-shirts were selling like sodas and the merchandise they sell is huge. I will buy an LE as soon as I hear it is coming out even though I an currently pissed how long it took for the Metallica code to come out. This pin would be........LEGENDARY!

#149 10 years ago

I'm a music lover in my mid to late fifties. To me, the most important aspect of a music pin is to be able to listen to the music and at the same time have it make sense during pinball play. Because of this, I really like some music pins like ACDC, and Elvis, find some like Metalica to be mediocre, and many to just stink like GNR and Rolling Stones (both one and two).

Unfortunately, Heavy Metal bands from my time, (Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, Motorhead) just won't stand alone as a pin. There's just not enough music to make a satisfactory game, unless a bunch of these bands got combined into one game. More mainstream bands like Aerosmith and Van Halen might be a possibility, but just not headbanging enough.

But Maiden. I still go to every concert they give in the DC area. I take my son, and if the music gods allow, will take a grandson someday. A Maiden pin would be awesome. Lots of music. Lots of art. Lots of Eddie toys Lots of memories. I'd sell my 67 GTO to pay for a Maiden pin.....

#150 10 years ago

Maiden,dirty donny art and Lyman Hell ya!!!

There are 216 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-an-iron-maiden-pinball-machine/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.