IMG_0622 (resized).JPG
IMG_0624 (resized).JPG
IMG_0625 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
12545865_10208617824347171_1435769587_o_(resized).jpg
P1030826.JPG
image.jpeg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

NOTE: Had a few people ask for these, so I got a handful more printed. If you are interested, please PM me. Price is $75 shipped in US, $100 worldwide.

Long story short, I had a WWFRR Prototype repro trans lite. It wasn’t the best. It looked kinda grainy/pixelated, and I wanted a better one.

So I got it scanned. I retouched it a bit, but still wasn't happy with it. I then contacted Aurich (he of the Shadow and Helen AC/DC trans) to help me retouch it. After working on it a bit, IMHO it looks MUCH better than my original repro did. I had it printed in the same manner as his Shadow trans, which as anyone who has one can tell you is the best quality trans you can get. Not off some crummy inkjet, but done on true photographic trans. So yes, it looks quite good. I’ve never seen an original prototype, so maybe they look a lot better...but I think this looks pretty darn nice. Pictures of it are attached.

wwflowres2.jpgwwflowres2.jpg

Should add it's a bit tricky to photograph these things backlit. Trust me, looks way better in person. The only difference from what you see in the picture is we’re moving the image down a bit so that the Royal Rumble logo isn’t so close to the top.

I know a few folks want this, so I’m doing a run of them with the printer. Price for the trans is $75 shipped in the USA, $100 overseas. PM me if interested.

Post edited by RDReynolds

#10 10 years ago

Should have them within the next two weeks. Maybe sooner if we get lucky.

Just discovered something else...on this trans, there is a flasher right behind the WWF logo. Looks very cool with it blinking like that!

#15 10 years ago

Monday morning bump to see if anyone else wants in.

#17 10 years ago

No prob, will add you to the list.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Crap, I think I'm in... WWFRR now in my possession, I have the sort of blurry version of the translite, I really like the one that is in it... dang it...
When do you need to know by?

I am finalizing the order tomorrow, so it would be helpful to know if you are in by then if possible. Thank you.

#20 10 years ago

And right after the network launches.

#24 10 years ago

Glad to see so many people excited about this.

#27 10 years ago

Yeah, pretty cool seeing all the talent on there that they had back in 1992.

#29 10 years ago

Got you, Jason.

Anyone else want in? I am placing the final order today, so if you are interested, please PM me.

#30 10 years ago

Thanks to all for their interest! Order has been placed. I got a couple extras if anyone was late to the party. Should have them shipping out next week.

#33 10 years ago

Both of you are added. Anyone else?

#35 10 years ago

Added you to the list. This is pretty much last call time, so...last call!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from jimster102:

Thank you been trying to get one forever are you going to be taking paypal?

Yes, all payments will be made via Paypal. I will let everyone know the address to send to via PM when I have them ready.

#43 10 years ago

Ok, just got the final proof and I am very pleased. Only one issue: I cannot quit looking for the WWF logo to flash, which is causing me to drain!! LOL

I've sent PMs to everyone who wanted one with Paypal info. I did go ahead and get a couple more, so if you want in, please PM me.

Oh yeah...it's time to Rumble!!

wwffinallowres.jpgwwffinallowres.jpg
#46 10 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone for the quick payments. Hoping everyone will enjoy these!

#47 10 years ago

Ok, told the printer to make me a few extra. If you want in, please PM me so I can make sure you are in before we run out. Thanks!

#49 10 years ago

I'd really like a new subway for mine. Poor thing is duct taped in!

#50 10 years ago

And The Hulkster has returned to WWE. Just in time for the trans shipment!

Ok, probably more for the WWE Network launch...

#52 10 years ago

One day I'd love to redecal with the proto side art. Hmm...

#55 10 years ago

Sadly there's not much out there aside from a couple shots on the IPDB.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

WOW! GREAT JOB! That's only like...1000 times better than the original. Well done RDR.

Thanks. Just glad that it's no longer unobtainium!

#58 10 years ago

PMs sent to those who've asked. I still have a few if anyone else is interested.

#60 10 years ago

Wish I could find a shot of the front of machine. IPDB only has the side view.

#62 10 years ago

I'll be at the Louisville show on Saturday. Would be cool if the WWFRR going has the proto trans. I'll try to bring one with me (or more if folks will be there that want them)...

#63 10 years ago

Ok, putting together shipping labels now in prep to send out this week.

I still have a couple spares, anyone else in?

#66 10 years ago

Hoping to pick them up either tomorrow or Friday, shipping that day or the following day.

I have all but three of the folks interested paid up, so everyone else is set.

Cannot wait to get these out to everyone!

#68 10 years ago

Just a quick note that I have received the trans, and they will be shipping either late tonight or first thing Saturday morning. Thanks to everyone for your patience!

#69 10 years ago

A note to everyone!

The trans are now shipping! When you receive them, there is a release liner on the front. You will want to peel that off. It is there only for protection during shipment.

I look forward to hearing what folks think of the new trans!

#77 10 years ago

Ok, just a note that we are currently out of these. I do have two of the original versions that are slightly off from a size perspective, I would be happy to let someone have these for $35 each in the US. I just felt the logo was too close to the top of the machine.

If enough people are interested, I will contact the printer and get a few more of the final version run.

#79 10 years ago

Cool. Post a pic if you can, I like seeing them on machines.

#81 10 years ago

Yes, on the ones that the size is off a bit it would be $35 shipped in the USA. PM me if interested.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I got it, and like it.
I did have a proto-translite in my game already, but it was not as high-quality as this one. (Don't get me wrong...it still looks pretty good, and worked fine as there were no "true" protos out there).
The old one was a bit "grainy", and just not quite as sharp. The new one is a lot heavier. If you have Aurich's Shadow trans, then you know what this new WWF "feels" like.
I haven't put it in my game yet, but I'm assuming, like The Shadow trans, that it will be a little bit 'darker' when the game is off. (I'll put up pics later).
Here are some comparison pics of the two proto-translites. Left side is of my old copy, right side is of this new version.
Nice job, really.

Thanks. Did you take off the protective cover on the front? It should look kinda glossy, I couldn't tell from the photos if you had or not...

#87 10 years ago

Yeah, for sure you want to take that off the trans. Will make it look rather glossy and really pop.

#103 10 years ago

Just a note that I do not have any more of these at this time. I'd be happy to get another set printed, but I'd need around 10 folks to justify it. If you are interested, PM me and I will start putting a list together.

I also still have, at the time of this writing, one of the original trans that is slightly off from a sizing perspective. It is the one on the very first post in this thread.

#104 10 years ago

Also very glad folks like it! Make sure to take that protective cover off the front, now, y'hear?

#108 10 years ago

Ok, just need a few more folks to commit so we can do another run...who's in?

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from z28makanic:

Hey,
been looking for one of these for a while I'm in just let me know on payment info and I will be prompt.

Thanks, will add you to the list. Just need maybe 3 more people to make a second run happen...

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

WTF, seriously?

Thats a poster, not a trans.

#118 10 years ago

Just a quick note that it looks like we have enough folks interested for a small run. Please PM me if you've not already and are interested.

#124 10 years ago

Back layer stays on. It is a diffuser, definitely don't remove it.

#125 10 years ago

Ok, have got the next batch and have PM'ed those who were interested. Have a few extras if anyone else is interested, please PM me.

#127 10 years ago

Have two or three left. If interested, please PM me.

#128 10 years ago

Ok, have exactly one left. Anyone want it? PM if you do.

#130 10 years ago

And that's that! All gone. Hope everyone is enjoying them like I am!

#132 10 years ago

Good idea, done!

1 week later
#135 10 years ago

If I can get a couple more of folks in, I will get another order in.

1 week later
#136 9 years ago

Ok, got enough folks in. If anyone else wants to jump aboard, please PM me.

#139 9 years ago

Love Taker, but it was overdue. He just looked so, so old.

#140 9 years ago

BTW, Prospector Paul Orndorff was the highlight of the night!

847400720.jpg847400720.jpg
#145 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Yeah, but losing to Lesner? That just seems like kind of a waste. Shouldn't it have gone to someone that could have used the heat, or does more than three matches a year? Heck, Lesner could be out of the WWE in five years...
Do you think that was how it was supposed to go, or did a real injury change the script?

That was the way it was supposed to go. UT wanted to end it and I think retire.

That being the case, who would be better to end the streak? Cena? No. Orton? No. Hunter? No. Bryan? Love him, but no.

Lesnar was kinda in the right place at the right time. No other real options I can see.

#151 9 years ago

Love Flair-Steamboat, pretty much any of them. I absolutely love Bret-Lawler from Summerslam 93. King was such a great heel.

#161 9 years ago

Shocked and so so saddened by the loss of the Warrior. I spent years making fun of the guy at wrestlecrap.com, but he seemed to kind of have more sense than most in the business. Made his money and got out. Thought he did great at the Hall of Fame as well.

RIP Warrior, you will be missed.

1 week later
#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I literally dressed as Bret Hart for Halloween as a second and third grader the outfit my mom made me was awesome.

I dressed as Bret to King of the Ring '93...as a 24 year old! LOL

#170 9 years ago

Ok, we will be doing one more run. If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks!

1 month later
#171 9 years ago

Had a couple people PM me recently about this, anyone interested in another run? Please PM me if so.

#172 9 years ago

Need just a couple more folks in to make it happen...

#174 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. We're hoping to do another run if we can get a couple more folks in.

2 weeks later
#177 9 years ago

Got them in! Will be shipping within the next couple of days. I do have a couple of extras so if you are interested, please PM me.

#179 9 years ago

Just a note that we're shipping these tomorrow. Have two left, PM me if interested!

#181 9 years ago

Just a quick note I still have two left if anyone is interested, just PM me. Thanks!

#183 9 years ago

Glad to help! How did you get the custom graphics on your DMD?

Also, still have two available if anyone is interested...

#186 9 years ago

Nice, will definitely check it out.

BTW, I have two more of these left if anyone is interested.

#187 9 years ago

Ok, down to one left. If interested, please PM me.

#189 9 years ago

Got it!

Translites are now all gone. Thanks, everyone!

#191 9 years ago

Got one person in for another run...need about five more. Any takers?

#193 9 years ago

Break the walls dooowwwwnnn!!!

#195 9 years ago

Four more needed...anyone else in?

1 week later
#198 9 years ago

If I could get one or two more, it would be a good. Any takers?

#200 9 years ago

If we can get like one more person in, I'll go ahead and order 'em.

#201 9 years ago

Ok, I've ordered more...if you are interested, please PM me and I'll get your paypal info.

#202 9 years ago

Just a note that I just got these in, so they are ready to ship. I only have three that have not been paid for yet, so if you are interested, please PM me.

1 week later
#204 9 years ago

Glad to help! Two left if anyone wants one.

1 week later
#206 9 years ago

Looks great, love the lighted topper.

Still have a couple of these trans left if anyone is interested.

#210 9 years ago

Just a side note, when you get them, there is a protective layer on the FRONT of the trans. Peel that off before you install for best quality.

1 week later
#212 9 years ago

It's 26" x 22.5".

1 month later
#215 9 years ago

I can get a few more...who's on board?

#217 9 years ago

It's $100 for Canada. Simply costs more to ship there unfortunately.

#219 9 years ago

That goes into the machine? It would be really close to that...a smidge larger, of course.

#221 9 years ago

I'll see when we can get some more in. Who all is in this run?

1 week later
#222 9 years ago

Ok I ordered a few more. Should be shipping next weekend. If interested please PM me and I will give you ordering info. Thx!!

3 weeks later
#223 9 years ago

Quick bump to say I have a handful of these now, can ship immediately. If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks!

1 week later
#226 9 years ago

Quick note, have four left if anyone wants in. Going to be sending them out tomorrow.

1 month later
#231 9 years ago

PM sent your way.

1 week later
#233 9 years ago

Glad you like. I think I will order a few more if anyone is interested.

#234 9 years ago

Just a note I am getting a small run of these in. If you are interested, please PM me and I will get you information.

#236 9 years ago

Thanks for the kind words - they are appreciated!!!

2 weeks later
#238 9 years ago

Got a couple more of these, will be shipping this weekend if anyone is interested...

2 weeks later
#239 9 years ago

Still have a couple of these left if anyone wants one.

#240 9 years ago

I'll be at the Louisville expo on Friday night...if anyone wants one of these I can do $50 since I won't need to ship. PM if interested.

#241 9 years ago

Just doing a last call on this before I head to Louisville Friday night...

3 weeks later
#242 9 years ago

Just a quick note that I still have a few of these available if anyone wants one...

#243 8 years ago

These are sitting around collecting dust, so may as well clear them out. $65 shipped in US, $90 shipped elsewhere on this whole globe. Thanks!

#245 8 years ago

Just a note that these are now all gone. Thanks!

#246 8 years ago

Sold my last one, had someone ask if I could get more...really need to get at least four at a time otherwise the price skyrockets. Anyone in?

#248 8 years ago

Great just lemme know

1 week later
#249 8 years ago

Have one more currently that is not reserved, if anyone is interested just PM me.

1 month later
#250 8 years ago

What the heck, bumpity bump to see if anyone needs the last one I have...

4 weeks later
#251 8 years ago

Still have one collecting dust if anyone is interested...

1 month later
#252 8 years ago

Just a quick note that these are all gone now. Thanks!

1 month later
#253 8 years ago

Had a couple people PM me asking if I could get a few more of these made...need four to really do it. Anyone interested?

#259 8 years ago

They are trans, not glass. They look very nice.

2 weeks later
#261 8 years ago

Ok, I am going to get another small run of these made. Will let everyone know when they are ready. There will NOT be many of them (talking under 10), so if you are interested, please PM me. Thanks!

1 week later
#262 8 years ago

Have a very small number of these available. PM'ed all those who had expressed interest, if anyone else is interested, PM me and I will let you know if anyone falls through...

#263 8 years ago

(Flat back) bump!

#264 8 years ago

Bumping, have a few more left.

1 week later
#265 8 years ago

Bored sitting around waiting for the work day to end bump.

#266 8 years ago

Cyber Monday or whatever bump.

2 weeks later
#267 8 years ago

One left if anyone wants it.

1 month later
#268 8 years ago

Just a note that I have a few more of these again...please PM if you are interested. Thanks!

#271 8 years ago

No worries! Hope you find one its a great game.

#273 8 years ago

Yep, I can ship internationally. It's $100 shipped overseas.

I still have a few left if anyone is interested...

#275 8 years ago

Awesome, PM sent. Still have a few more if anyone is interested...

1 week later
#277 8 years ago

Just a quick note that I have a few more of these left if anyone is interested...folks that have them really seem to like 'em!

#279 8 years ago

PM sent your way!

1 week later
#280 8 years ago

Just a note I still have a handful of these left if anyone is interested...

2 weeks later
#283 8 years ago

Yep, still have a couple left. PM sent and if anyone else is interested, just lemme know!

1 month later
#284 7 years ago

Just a quick note that I still have a few left if anyone is interested...thanks!

2 weeks later
#286 7 years ago

Yep, sure do. Price is still the same.

1 month later
#287 7 years ago

Still have a handful of these if anyone is interested. Thanks!

#289 7 years ago

Yeah, I agree. Wish he and Bobby Heenan both were doing call outs. Would love it if I drained quickly and the Brain would call me a humanoid.

1 month later
#290 7 years ago

Ah what the heck, SummerSlam weekend and I still have a few of these. Will knock $10 off the price of them this weekend only to see if I can clear them out...

#292 7 years ago

Hopefully it will be a good show. It should be.

1 week later
#293 7 years ago

Quick note I'm all out of these again. Hope the folks that got 'em are enjoying 'em!

1 month later
#294 7 years ago

Got a couple of these now if anyone is interested. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#295 7 years ago

Still have 2 left if anyone wants 'em. Thanks!

2 months later
#296 7 years ago

Still have these if anyone is interested...thanks!

3 weeks later
#298 7 years ago

I am that guy, yes.

And happy Royal Rumble day for everyone!!!

1 month later
#300 7 years ago

I have the ability to get these, so yes, they are available.

4 weeks later
#303 6 years ago

Logos look a bit crappy, so I don't believe that's mine. Logos on mine are very crisp.

1 month later
#304 6 years ago

Just a note we still have these if anyone is interested. Thx!

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Got mine a few weeks back.... great improvement

Thanks, I think they look way better.

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'm still interested
What was the price to Australia again?

It's $100 shipped to Australia. Thx!

#309 6 years ago

Wanted to thank everyone who had kind words for these translites...I am still bummed DE didn't use this design as the production run...

1 month later
#310 6 years ago

A quick note - I actually also have one "regular" version of this trans as well. $75 shipped for it in the US, $100 outside the US. Thanks!

#311 6 years ago

Just got a couple more of the prototype trans in if anyone is interested...

1 week later
#314 6 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well my translite arrived and it's MUCH better than the crappy thin one I bought on EBay
What a job well done and nice thick translite too - here is mine proudly installed

Awesome! Glad you like!

3 weeks later
#316 6 years ago

Still have a few of these if anyone is interested!

2 weeks later
#317 6 years ago

Bump to let folks know these are still available. Thanks!

6 months later
#323 6 years ago

Still have a couple of these if anyone is interested. Thx!

1 year later
#324 4 years ago

Ah what the heck, may as well bump this and see if we can get a few more in WWFRR pins.

5 months later
#325 4 years ago

Bumping if anyone is interested.

2 months later
#326 4 years ago

Still have a couple if anyone is interested. Thx!

10 months later
#330 3 years ago

Quick note...I still do have a few of these. If interested, please PM me. Thanks!

4 months later
#333 2 years ago

Wow thank you for the kind words. They are appreciated!

2 weeks later
#335 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words- they are appreciated!

1 month later
#336 2 years ago

Still have one of these if anyone is interested...thanks!

5 months later
#337 2 years ago

Have a couple of these if anyone is interested. Thanks!

1 week later
#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not entirely Tetris. It has the Mickey’s Magical Tetris boards inside. Random version from Japan where there’s English settings, but it’s only for the menus. The game dialogue between the Disney characters is still in Japanese characters. Super cool game though.

Love that version of Tetris!

3 months later
#342 1 year ago

Just a quick note I still have a few of these left if anyone is interested. Thanks!

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This reminds me, I need to hit Wrestlecrap this week!

If you like AEW, I think you'll dig the Darby Allin story we did.

1 month later
#347 1 year ago

Sorry about that, I should have made it more clear. Some of the earlier versions had a protective layer on top. When I discovered it was tough to peel that off some times, I switched and shipped without that. Once you peel it off, you should be good to go.

The ones I have now do not ship with that, but haven't heard any issues with it due to the way I pack them. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdreynolds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-wwf-royal-rumble-prototype-trans?tu=rdreynolds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.