• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
F554AD8A-8CE5-4844-8EA3-5C50D538842E (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I have on good authority that there might be another run of El Dorado playfields by my buddy Wade. Lets get a list going of people that would be interested in a new playfield.

#2 3 years ago

I’m in. I missed out on C37.

#3 3 years ago

Please put me on the list.
Jim

#4 3 years ago

Yes, put me on the list

#5 3 years ago

Need another run of Atlantis now that I have one!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Need another run of Atlantis now that I have one!

No Joke!

#7 3 years ago

I signed up with Wade for an El Dorado run in June of last year. At the time, he indicated Fast Draw and Strange World were next in line. Followed by El Dorado/Jack’s Open.

So, I’m not sure where in that cycle he is.

Either way, I’m still in need of an El Dorado.

Thanks!
Alex

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

I signed up with Wade for an El Dorado run in June of last year. At the time, he indicated Fast Draw and Strange World were next in line. Followed by El Dorado/Jack’s Open.
So, I’m not sure where in that cycle he is.
Either way, I’m still in need of an El Dorado.
Thanks!
Alex

the order in which wade does the pf's is somewhat fluid. if he says he will do a title, he will do it. when he does it, depends on the amount of work, demand and what else he has going on. this is just my observation and in now way a quote from wade. we should be thankful we get great product at a great price. just look at what the others are putting out. so so work and $$$$ not to mention they are not to interested in do EM titles

#9 3 years ago

I agree whole heartedly with everything you say.

Not knowing where he is in his design/production cycle, I was (re)confirming both that I was still interested in that title and to verify anticipated production quantities.

#10 3 years ago

How about a Gold Strike ?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from backinthegame:

How about a Gold Strike

Dont know about Gold Strike

6 months later
#12 2 years ago

Put me on the list. Sent PM.

3 weeks later
#13 2 years ago

It looks like a little birdy hinted that El D might be next in the queue. bicyclenut please put me on the list for an El Dorado playfield.

Thank you,

Jim Bovenzi

#14 2 years ago

El Dorado is coming. Get on the list if you want one, this will probably be the last run Wade will do of El Dorado

#15 2 years ago

Ok. Where's the official list, and how many takers so far? Put me down for one.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ok. Where's the official list, and how many takers so far? Put me down for one.

Wade has the official list for non-pinsiders. I guess this is the "official" Pinside list being that Wade doesn't do Pinside.

#17 2 years ago

Everyone-
Things seem to be moving fast with Wade and he needs info from those wanting a El Dorado playfield. Please PM me with your email address and phone number so I can give that info to Wade and he can contact you about time frame, payment, shipping etc. This is only for this Pinside thread. If you have contacted Wade directly and was put on his non-Pinside list, then I dont need your info.
Thanks everyone-

#18 2 years ago

PM sent to get on the list

1 month later
#19 2 years ago

Hello all- If you didnt receive a email from Wade talking about El Dorado, here it is:

Hello everyone, it's Wade and this is the official announcement for El Dorado.

I'm in the process of sealing the blanks now and I need to know if you are still committed to the project. This title has been produced once before. The art is finished and it has been previously approved. I will begin printing next week.

Important, because of the rather large number of people on the list who never followed through on the last playfield, and because of my
increased costs in materials, I will only make a batch based on the number of people who pay deposits. I completely understand if this is a deal
breaker for you.
If you are interested and able, I am now asking for a deposit here at this same yahoo address by paypal.
[email protected]
Please do not send payment to any other email address as some people have accidentally done in the past. I will not receive it and you will not
get your money back. I will acknowledge your deposit and amount in a separate email.
If you prefer, you can mail a check to

Wade Krause
1778 N Fowler Ave
Clovis CA 93619
ph is 559-298-6236

The price will be 720 shipped, 650 without shipping. If you are able, you can pick the board up in person or I can deliver to Pin a Go Go (if they are done) and you will save the shipping.

Other upcoming titles are Strange World (the blanks are made and art is finished), Surf Champ, Sing Along, Cross Town.

Thank you,
Wade

links
https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/

https://www.instagram.com/wadeotornadopinball/?hl=en

#20 2 years ago

So glad that Wade is doing this! Paid and hoping to pick up mine at PAGG.

#21 2 years ago

Too late to get on the list?

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Too late to get on the list?

I dont think so, shoot him a message to be put on the list

#23 2 years ago

Wasn't Wade's last playfield the re-run of Fast Draw?

Those were all spoken for and paid for as I heard it. I had 2 on order and I let my other go to fulfill an extra order.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Those were all spoken for and paid for as I heard it. I had 2 on order and I let my other go to fulfill an extra order.

I just re-read Wade's response and he's referring to the El Dorado re-print, he got boned on the first run.

Well, to make something useful of my previous post, here's a cool thread about the way Wade delivered and the way a guy named John pulled off a Fast Draw/Quick Draw re-run

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-licensed-reproduction-fastquick-draw-playfields

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Yes it was. He did Abra Ca Dabra, Jack’s Open and Fast/Quick Draw all around the same time. FD/QD was a rerun and probably won’t be run ever again….according to Wade

1 month later
#26 2 years ago

El Dorado is happening right now. Currently being screened. Check out Wades instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUd6xsapO8A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

#27 2 years ago

Yeah Babee! Such a great game, can't wait for these.

#28 2 years ago

I think this is the third run, probably will get one this time.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I think this is the third run, probably will get one this time.

This is the 2nd run of El Dorado. He also did 1 run of Gold Strike

2 months later
#30 2 years ago

I picked up an El Dorado reproduction playfield from the second run. I already restored and sold my El Dorado on the first run. I bought this one for trade or potential future restore. I’m looking for a project Surfer or Surf Champ if anyone wants to do some horse trading.

F554AD8A-8CE5-4844-8EA3-5C50D538842E (resized).jpegF554AD8A-8CE5-4844-8EA3-5C50D538842E (resized).jpeg
#31 2 years ago

Well I missed the boat entirely on this (final - sigh) run.

If anyone picked up an extra or their plans changed entirely - PM me - I'm definitely interested.

Edit - would have to just buy it off someone - don't really have proper trade material I'm afraid.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Well I missed the boat entirely on this (final - sigh) run.
If anyone picked up an extra or their plans changed entirely - PM me - I'm definitely interested.
Edit - would have to just buy it off someone - don't really have proper trade material I'm afraid.

Did you check with Wade? all sold out?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I picked up an El Dorado reproduction playfield from the second run. I already restored and sold my El Dorado on the first run. I bought this one for trade or potential future restore. I’m looking for a project Surfer or Surf Champ if anyone wants to do some horse trading.
[quoted image]

Doesn't look like there's much wrong with that one!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Doesn't look like there's much wrong with that one!

Shouldn't be, that's my restored game that went to a collector in Australia. I was just indicating I have a playfield for trade.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Did you check with Wade? all sold out?

I sent an email. He responded that he had some left but that they might have "very minor flaws." I'd be thrilled regardless, of course. Wade said he has had a number of people ask though so I'm still awaiting final word. Just covering my bases by posting here as well.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Shouldn't be, that's my restored game that went to a collector in Australia. I was just indicating I have a playfield for trade.

Oh, ok. Now I understand.

#37 2 years ago

I sent an email. He responded that he had some left but that they might have "very minor flaws." I'd be thrilled regardless, of course. Wade said he has had a number of people ask though so I'm still awaiting final word. Just covering my bases by posting here as well.

Wades 2nds are the same as factory...

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Wades 2nds are the same as factory...

I'm already operating under the assumption that if he doesn't specifically point out the "flaw" that I'd likely not even notice. I'll jump at the chance if he has one. Just a waiting game / fingers crossed.

Just annoyed at somehow not seeing this thread months ago. I had just finished up a Jacks Open when his Jacks playfields were ready a while back and I convinced myself that I was fine with not getting one a the time, but I've realized since that I really wish I had. I had the playfield down to bare wood top and bottom anyway - it was basically a swap without swapping. Still happy with the results, but I know it would have been nicer with the new pf in. Decided not to make that mistake again if I ever wanted to go that far cleaning up a machine again. Not many tables I'd care to do that with, but like a lot of people El Dorado is at the top of my list. Saw a comment somewhere recently about Wade doing a run and welp. That's what I get for not staying on top of things. Not the end of the world if I go without though. Gotta keep things in perspective and all.

Something tells me I should just go buy a Shay BG now to avoid any additional headaches.

#39 2 years ago

I'm already operating under the assumption that if he doesn't specifically point out the "flaw" that I'd likely not even notice. I'll jump at the chance if he has one. Just a waiting game / fingers crossed.

Ive stated this before that Wade's "seconds" are as good or better than other companies "Firsts". Meaning the inclusions are very minor, usually and he is up front in describing why it is considered a 2nd. Wade is vey picky. I got one of the last remaining Sky Jumps that he didn't want to sell because there was a slight smudge on a black line what was covered by a post. But, Wade has been highly scrutinized in the past by overly picky collectors (in my opinion). So as a rule Wade has full disclosure of any issues and sends out a perfect product.

***This is just my opinion and take on it. I am in no way speaking for Wade. He is just a good friend of mine and I speak with him on a regular basis. One of the best humans I have ever met.****

So if he has any seconds that are not spoken for, jump on it...you wont be disappointed.

2 weeks later
#40 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ive stated this before that Wade's "seconds" are as good or better than other companies "Firsts". Meaning the inclusions are very minor, usually and he is up front in describing why it is considered a 2nd. Wade is vey picky. I got one of the last remaining Sky Jumps that he didn't want to sell because there was a slight smudge on a black line what was covered by a post. But, Wade has been highly scrutinized in the past by overly picky collectors (in my opinion). So as a rule Wade has full disclosure of any issues and sends out a perfect product.
***This is just my opinion and take on it. I am in no way speaking for Wade. He is just a good friend of mine and I speak with him on a regular basis. One of the best humans I have ever met.****
So if he has any seconds that are not spoken for, jump on it...you wont be disappointed.

Well, I've never met him but Wade is cool as Hell in my book. Stayed in touch over the last couple weeks and ended up nabbing one of the last couple PFs after all. Not even a second - just had a couple extras. Immediately placed an order with Shay as well. Spendy little afternoon, but super excited.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I will 'second' this opinion on Wade's seconds. I recently acquired one of his seconds for Jacks Open. He is super upfront about the condition of the board and is willing to send detailed photos. And the 'flaws' usually turn out to be a lot less noticable than advertised. He is a great guy to work with!

#42 2 years ago

Speaking of El Dorado playfields, I know that Wade had some issue with the latest run.

Does anyone have an update from him please?

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Does anyone have an update from him please?

They turned out great and are shipping. Check with Wade if you want one and/or if you were on the list

#44 2 years ago

somebody tried selling one on ebay at a "slight" premium.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

somebody tried selling one on ebay at a "slight" premium.
[quoted image]

And it's a "repo", not a "repro", so he must work for a repossession company.
There was "an error in the listing". Yeah, like the price!

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

And it's a "repo", not a "repro", so he must work for a repossession company.

HAHAHAHA!!!

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

They turned out great and are shipping. Check with Wade if you want one and/or if you were on the list

Will do. Thank you!

#48 2 years ago

I got one of the El Do playfields, and I couldn't be happier.
Wade was great, and what an artist! The PF is beautiful.
I've looked it over several times, and can't see anything out of sorts.
I feel very lucky to have gotten in the queue for this one.
The PF is so nice, it's forcing me to redo the cabinet.
Can't wait for him to run Surf Champ!

#49 2 years ago

Mix-up with my shipping is now worked out. Thanks to bicyclenut for the assist!

Also looking forward to the playfield!

3 weeks later
#50 2 years ago

lets see some restores!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-wade-krause-el-dorado-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.