(Topic ID: 315572)

Who wants a Sonic Pinball ?

By romulusx

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220519-181752_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Just watched Sonic 2 with grandkids.
    I love the Sonic characters and think it would sell like hot cakes!Attention
    JJP,Stern & American Pinball

#2 1 year ago

Agree 100% but it would have to have the Genesis graphics and sound, not necessarily the Sonic Spinball layout.

#3 1 year ago

I want a loop the loop that dives under the playfield a bit.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

Agree 100% but it would have to have the Genesis graphics and sound, not necessarily the Sonic Spinball layout.

I agree and it should have a mix with all those wonderful tunes from the game series!Best game soundtracks ever!

#5 1 year ago

Sonic 1 and 2 theme 100%

Anything else and I’m not buying. It’s like Terminator or Alien. Once you get past the sequel they mostly suck.

#6 1 year ago

Oh man, I really enjoy sonic!

Screenshot_20220519-181752_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-181752_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #7 1 year ago

Sega is fairly relaxed about working with different companies, as I understand it. I also think this would be a cool theme. Deadpool had a mix of pixel art and 3D art. So maybe a similar mix would be a good choice for a Sonic pinball machine.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from oldbaby:

Sega is fairly relaxed about working with different companies, as I understand it. I also think this would be a cool theme. Deadpool had a mix of pixel art and 3D art. So maybe a similar mix would be a good choice for a Sonic pinball machine.

I think Gary Stern knows a few people over at Sega, so maybe they have an in.

I agree - lots of possibilities with modern displays and technology. Sonic could be a great theme if it's realized by Jack Danger or George Gomez. If it's Borg or Richie it would be a hard pass from me.

#10 1 year ago

Stern owns the rights to Sonic. They got it a few weeks ago iirc.

#11 1 year ago

I was very much a Genesis kid and Sonic was heavily marketed to my demographic when I was about 5-7. But I'm pretty so-so on the franchise considering how bad the bulk of it is compared to a couple good Genesis games (and Sonic Mania). I used to wonder why Sega couldn't make a good Sonic game anymore, then I sorta realized Sonic was never particularly good to begin with. As much as it would kill my young self, those good Genesis games didn't age well like Mario games did. The music is really all they have going for them.

Of course for a pinball, the music is the main thing you would take from those old games so I wouldn't be surprised if I was smitten if a commercial Sonic game was in front of me.

There are other things from my childhood fandom I still love, but Sonic isn't one of them.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

I'm trying to figure out how you'd put 8 playfields on one game.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Stern owns the rights to Sonic. They got it a few weeks ago iirc.

Is this a fact and how do you know information?

#14 1 year ago

I don't think anyone has explicitly confirmed Stern has it, but we know for a fact AP tried to get it and someone else currently has it.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from livetowin:

This. If they do the movies, then its an easy pass. I dont see it happening though. Maybe someday, but not in the next couple years

#16 1 year ago

I actually think this title would be lend itself best to Multi-Morphic P3 platform because of the various levels in the original.

#17 1 year ago

Sonic would be a neat theme. If someone could do a homebrew Sonic that would be a great start.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Sonic would be a neat theme. If someone could do a homebrew Sonic that would be a great start.

#19 1 year ago

I would buy one in a heartbeat for my route

#20 1 year ago

Come on, nobody's going to be that ambitious. That's like saying somebody should build an Undertale pinball. Equally unlikely, and I bet you'd never see the two games together at a show or anything.

#21 1 year ago

I played the homebrew at Pintastic last year, our kids played it too. Was well done with flipper movement option via an external console as well. The spinner was very cool, Sonic running... They streamed it live, too, in case anyone forgot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-sonic-pinball- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.