Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jhines
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Who wants Rush pinball??”

• Yes 87 votes
      45%
    • No 95 votes
      49%
    • 13 votes
      7%

(Multiple choice - 195 votes by 192 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3mc6i0 (resized).jpg
    rush-wearing-kimonos-e1431268243165 (resized).jpg
    gord.gif
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

Huge RUSH fan and love those music pins. Count me in on a LE

#52 4 years ago

The only real question is would you pay more for a KimonoLE?

rush-wearing-kimonos-e1431268243165 (resized).jpgrush-wearing-kimonos-e1431268243165 (resized).jpg
    #53 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The only real question is would you pay more for a KimonoLE?

I'd pay more to be that young again.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

No more band pins, and if we have to have more band pins, Rush doesn't make the cut. I just can't imagine a good theme integration... it would just be artwork on a random playfield.

You're kidding right? Rush's songs are a rich collection of sci-fi/fantasy themes, dystopian futures, and mythological storytelling.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

You're kidding right? Rush's songs are a rich collection of sci-fi/fantasy themes, dystopian futures, and mythological storytelling.

Agreed. I’m very confused by that post. There’s about 10 different concepts from the first 4 albums alone!

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well.... not the only thing. John Bonham may be a tough one to get to tour...
    I have seen Rush over 20 times. I am a Superfan since age 10. That being said, I don’t think a Rush pinball would be all that great (For myself). There isn’t a single music pin that cracks the top 50 for me. While they do a good job of playing the artists music, they all feel sort of soulless to me.

if you don't like metallica, ac/dc, and iron maiden pins, maybe you need to pick a new hobby.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm good with RUSH, but I'd rather have a Tragically Hip pin. #RIPGord[quoted image]

who? might be tragic, but sure aint hip!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

Art doesn't make theme integration though. What from their catalog would you base modes and multiballs off of?

If art packages alone could make a decent rock based pin, Molly Hatchet would fly right to the top of the list. Like Rush though, they only have a couple of songs that anyone who isn't a superfan would even know.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Art doesn't make theme integration though. What from their catalog would you base modes and multiballs off of?
    If art packages alone could make a decent rock based pin, Molly Hatchet would fly right to the top of the list. Like Rush though, they only have a couple of songs that anyone who isn't a superfan would even know.

Molly Hatchet?

Working Man
    Fly By Night
    Closer to the Heart
    Tom Sawyer
    Spirit of the Radio
    Freewill
    Limelight
    Subdivisions
    Big Money

Just a few that are played on Classic Rock stations, at least where I live.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Molly Hatchet?
    Working Man
    Fly By Night
    Closer to the Heart
    Tom Sawyer
    Spirit of the Radio
    Freewill
    Limelight
    Subdivisions
    Big Money

All good selections! Add Roll the Bones to the list!

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Molly Hatchet?
    Working Man
    Fly By Night
    Closer to the Heart
    Tom Sawyer
    Spirit of the Radio
    Freewill
    Limelight
    Subdivisions
    Big Money

How would you integrate *any* of those into modes?

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

How would you integrate *any* of those into modes?

It really isn’t hard to make any music machine work, your over thinking the whole “modes” thing.

#63 4 years ago

Really? Black Sabbath will be a much better theme. Rush is dated, Sabbath is timeless. I can't imagine a better theme than Sabbath right now, even Led Zep.
    Artwork from Zombie Yeti, Lyman on code, music from the 3 first albums... I would buy it as soon as available, my first NIB

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shadrac:

Really? Black Sabbath will be a much better theme. Rush is dated, Sabbath is timeless. I can't imagine a better theme than Sabbath right now, even Led Zep.
    Artwork from Zombie Yeti, Lyman on code, music from the 3 first albums... I would buy it as soon as available, my first NIB

Hate to break it to you but Sabbath is just as dated in my opinion. Shit they had like 4-5 full albums released before Rush had their debut album in 74.

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Hate to break it to you but Sabbath is just as dated in my opinion. Shit they had like 4-5 full albums released before Rush had their debut album in 74.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath came out in 1973, so they did indeed have 5 albums out before John Rutsey and his bros put out their Led Zep-alike album. However, I'd argue that between Ozzy's solo career and the multiple reunions have kept them in the public eye more so than Dirk, Lerxst and Pratt.

#66 4 years ago

I think it is pretty safe to say that the popularity for both bands has peaked. However, Rush fans remain loyal. They are simply Rush fans for life.

#67 4 years ago

I’m sorry but, some of this is comical!
    I’m fan of all music and a fan of all the bands that have been mentioned. I’m sure all would make for a good pin but, please do a little music research on record sales , gold , platinum records .
    In the last 10 years Rush has never been so relevant with many generations.
    Talk to any young and upcoming musician especially a drummer and they know Rush.

Research....

Rush has released 24 gold records and 14 platinum records (including 3 multi-platinum), placing them fifth behind The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Kiss and Aerosmith for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band in the United States.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:

Rush has released 24 gold records and 14 platinum records (including 3 multi-platinum)

The most recent of which was old enough to take out drinking several years ago.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Went and seen them Live a few years ago and Iomi is a king not dated at all as my 17 and 23 year olds love them more than any other group.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

The most recent of which was old enough to take out drinking several years ago.

2012?

#71 4 years ago
    #73 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:

I’m sorry but, some of this is comical!

I find it funny as well. You ask our opinion and we gave it. You didn't agree and scold us for not doing our homework. I have nothing against Rush. Moving Pictures was my first concert back in '81 and I've caught them a few times since then. Would they translate over to a good pin? They could with a great layout, coding and of course artwork. This is where the pin would shine. Would I buy it? Probably not but then we are all in different situations as far as space, money and spouses.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

I find it funny as well. You ask our opinion and we gave it. You didn't agree and scold us for not doing our homework. I have nothing against Rush. Moving Pictures was my first concert back in '81 and I've caught them a few times since then. Would they translate over to a good pin? They could with a great layout, coding and of course artwork. This is where the pin would shine. Would I buy it? Probably not but then we are all in different situations as far as space, money and spouses.

Wasn’t meant to scold anyone.
    It’s just obvious there is really no in between with the band Rush.
    People either love them an awful lot or don’t like them. This is all understandable but,
    For the people that usually don’t like them , it seems most are not aware of the actual magnitude of this band and how huge of A fanbase they have and how influential and respected they are by everyone in the music business.
    As for how many people would like a rush pin , it seems it’s half based on poll and 68 people already want one . And from what I’ve read it’s their grail a most said they are in for an LE
    So either way there is a market for this.
    I’m also cool with a Zep.

#75 4 years ago

The problem with making it relevant to the music is that it would have to have 3 sets of flippers ( 3-4 balls per set all in motion at once ) and each of these sets playing a different game yet somehow making it all tie together in the end.

Basically six-handed multiball.

A cool concept would be 3 players playing at the same time, but put 3 Rush fans together on the same game and they'd just be arguing over which song is their best and the game would never get played.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from zebulon:

put 3 Rush fans together on the same game and they'd just be arguing over which song is their best and the game would never get played.

Insert joke about getting 3 Rush fans to leave their mother's basements at the same time here.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

in a minute! biggest band to ever come out of Canada. Would love to see Jersey jack make this instead of gnr.

Same

#78 4 years ago

Excellent band.

Don't need a pinball them on them.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:

People either love them an awful lot or don’t like them. This is all understandable but,
    For the people that usually don’t like them , it seems most are not aware of the actual magnitude of this band and how huge of A fanbase they have and how influential and respected they are by everyone in the music business.
    As for how many people would like a rush pin , it seems it’s half based on poll and 68 people already want one . And from what I’ve read it’s their grail a most said they are in for an LE
    So either way there is a market for this.
    I’m also cool with a Zep.

Another poll on the same topic...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rush-the-band-pinball-machine

I would buy an LE. I think if done well, it would sell enough to make a profit.

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Silverballer:

They are simply Rush fans for life.

Not true ... I was a die hard fan as a kid and honestly haven't even heard anything since counterparts.
    Great band for sure but nothing beats the 70s and 80s sound .... Neil was a drum god and I was blown away by his passing.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Another poll on the same topic...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-rush-the-band-pinball-machine
    I would buy an LE. I think if done well, it would sell enough to make a profit.

Thank you.... never saw another poll.
    The only problem it seems as if they do happen to make one, everyone wants an LE . Haha

#82 4 years ago

Rick & Morty's rabid fanbase, established circa 2014, helped that pin to virtually sell out in four hours.

Rush's rabid fanbase, established around FORTY YEARS earlier, would easily accomplish much the same sort of phenomenal sales frenzy for a Rush pin. I mean, there are rabid fanbases and there are _rabid_ fanbases.

Come on, GnR is going on two pins, with their grating noise? "Knock knock knockin' on heaven's doh-oo-wah!" Whenever I hear it I'm like "kill me now." People complain about Geddy's voice?

#83 4 years ago

Definitely! There are a lot of bands that deserve pins, but Rush is in the lead for me. I'd also like to see something more contemporary though...and not rock.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Definitely! There are a lot of bands that deserve pins, but Rush is in the lead for me. I'd also like to see something more contemporary though...and not rock.

What then? Jazz? I would buy a Miles Davis pin

#85 4 years ago

They should just reskin LOTR, then you could play out an entire song during each ball.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What then? Jazz? I would buy a Miles Davis pin

Bitches Brew LE

#87 4 years ago

Checking out lists of top selling Canadian artists according to Neilson/billboard and wow we (Canadians) produce a lot of TERRIBLE music. Out of the top 10 there's only one band I would listen to (the hip)

Here's the top 10 and I added some notables after.

1. Celine Deon
    2. Shania twain
    3. Michael Buble
    4. Tragically Hip
    5. Sara McLaughlin
    6. Nicleback
    7. Diana Krawl
    8. Avril Lavigne
    9. Our lady peace
    10. Bryan Adams

13. Neil Young
    15. Barenaked Ladies
    26. Rush
    27. Billy Talent

#88 4 years ago

Yes! I would love a jazz pin as thats the music I mostly play. Even a big band pin could be fun, ljke Count Basie. I would also like something outside of the rock genre like Prince or Madonna.

#89 4 years ago
    3mc6i0 (resized).jpg3mc6i0 (resized).jpg
    #90 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Me too, make sure his big head is the bash toy! Lol

#91 4 years ago

Please no. It’s just not necessary. I love Rush. LOVE them! But just because you love a band AND love pinball, doesn’t mean you need to combine them. Plus, the only company with the ability to do it right now is Stern, and I can only imagine everyone’s disappointment when the game winds up being another low-budget layout with a big red star to shoot through and nothing else.

#92 4 years ago

Who says a Rush pin wouldn’t sell? Well it seems their music is selling...up 2000 percent!

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-01-17-rush-music-sales-surge-more-than-2000-percent-following-neil-pearts-death/

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:

People either love them an awful lot or don’t like them.

Rush is like salmon.

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:It’s just obvious there is really no in between with the band Rush.
    People either love them an awful lot or don’t like them.

Nah, plenty of people neither love nor hate them. They just don't post about them.

It's just that with them being the best band ever and all, their fans are extra effusive, which triggers the no-mind haters, wherein lies the evident divide.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rush is like salmon.

Their fans get to mate once, then die?

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

I’m a Rush fan and I put out every day and still alive, so there goes that theory.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Like salmon fans? You lost me.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

This is basically correct.

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Like salmon fans? You lost me.

It was an attempt at humor. Some types of salmon breed once in their life, then die.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

It was an attempt at humor. Some types of salmon breed once in their life, then die.

Yeah, no duh, but the simile was that Rush is like salmon, not Rush fans. Your little stereotypical joke did not follow logically.

If Rush is like salmon, Rush fans are like bears. Raawwwrrrr!

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-rush-pin-to-happen/page/2?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.