20170509_163624 (resized).jpg
20170518_193859 (resized).jpg
20170518_183747 (resized).jpg
20170512_225132 (resized).jpg
20170509_163553 (resized).jpg
20170519_183544 (resized).jpg
IMG_3823 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

As long as there is some type of protective coat beyond artwork and the wax I put on, I am in for Sky Jump. Awesome game that I will likely never sell, unless I buy a nicer one first!

From what I have heard, Wade wanted the playfields to look exactly like the originals did when they were new. And not some super hi-gloss glass finish. He did a bit of experimenting and finally liked how they come out when he actually uses a silk screen process to apply the final clear coat. So, to my knowledge, that is still how he is doing them.

1 week later
#82 8 years ago

If you note Wade's process, he seems to prefer to do the screening to the playfield prior to any slots or holes (except for the inserts) being cut.

My guess is this has two pluses: First, it protects his screens from damage, and Second, probably provides better registration throughout the surface.

IF you can get someone to scan and fix the art, remember, John Greatwhich up in Canada does the re-ink thing and was at one point, hungry for Gottlieb artwork. This is always an option for titles that would otherwise, never meet the 20+ commitment runs.

Yes, sunken inserts would certainly be a problem when it came to the clear coat stage (which Wade also does via silkscreen, not spray).

5 months later
#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

How hard would it be to get a set of the numbered inserts for Sky Jump? Just curious.

Brand new, nearly impossible as Wade would have to build a playfield, screen the black key lines, and then knock the inserts back out to sell to you (probably cost you about $500! since he wouldn't have to do the other colors).

Instead, put the feeler out that you are looking and when others start swapping out their playfields, perhaps someone with a really wood worn playfield will be willing to sell you the inserts.

3 months later
#115 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ooh, I missed it the first time. Would like to see this one rerun.

I'm with you. I hound Wade about a rerun every time I see him.

5 months later
#169 7 years ago

That's gotta be heart breaking to see something like that happen to what was almost darn near perfect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cactusjack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-repro-sky-jump-playfield?tu=cactusjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.