20170509_163624 (resized).jpg
20170518_193859 (resized).jpg
20170518_183747 (resized).jpg
20170512_225132 (resized).jpg
20170509_163553 (resized).jpg
20170519_183544 (resized).jpg
IMG_3823 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 7 years ago

Anything good is worth waiting for.

#152 7 years ago

A friend of mine spoke with him today. The extreme humidity is the problem.

#153 7 years ago

Progress Sky Jumpers!

IMG_8389 (resized).JPGIMG_8389 (resized).JPG

#154 7 years ago

Nice, looks like it's still over a month away. Well worth the wait. Usually don't have my swaps done until the end of the year anyways.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Nice, looks like it's still over a month away

I'd say 2 weeks. But that's just me.

#156 7 years ago

Sky Jump is almost done!

IMG_8398 (resized).PNGIMG_8398 (resized).PNG

#157 7 years ago

Thanks for the update, it's beautiful!

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Sky Jump is almost done!

do you know what wade is planning on doing next?

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

do you know what wade is planning on doing next

looks like 2001

#160 7 years ago

Looking good. WHen will they ship out?

3 weeks later
#161 7 years ago

Anyone get theirs yet?

#162 7 years ago

They should start shipping soon.

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

They should start shipping soon.

Beautiful

#164 7 years ago

I know for a fact Wade is working really hard to get these done and shipped out. Everything else is on hold until he gets these done. He even skipped the Arcade Expo so he could work on these. That being said. Feel free to email him to get an ETA. I know they were building shipping crates recently.

#166 7 years ago

Looks like it's going to take awhile longer for the Sky Jump boards.

#167 7 years ago

Yea, I got this pic from wade yesterday. He tried a different clear or sealer and didn't have positive results. He said he has to sand them down and start over.

I asked for a refund but he seems to have ignored my request. He did say... "I may end up sanding down more than I had originally thought because as I look through these, there is no such thing as a "perfect" playfield. I do the best I can"

Maybe my expectations were too high? I really don't want a blem or a sanded down, redone PF.

unnamed (7) (resized).jpgunnamed (7) (resized).jpg

#168 7 years ago

ouch!
that is not good.
i am sure wade will make them right. he has high standards.
it is always risky changing to a new product that you are not use to.
looks like the last clear screen reacted with the color screens

#169 7 years ago

That's gotta be heart breaking to see something like that happen to what was almost darn near perfect!

#170 7 years ago

I guess wade is really awesome and everyone loves him but my 1st experience with him isn't great. These PFs were supposed to be shipping in "mid January". They're not even going to ship in mid April.

I realize sh*t happens but you have to keep your customers updated. There's been no updates at all unless I email him.

I think the whole "pay in full before it's even started" is not a good system. Once the money has been paid (and all spent), there's no real urgency to get the product out to the customers. I can't even get a refund because he doesn't have $650 in his paypal to refund me. It's just not a good way to do business. Maybe 1/2 up front and 1/2 upon completion would be safer for all.

#171 7 years ago

i have bought 7 pf's from wade and never paid until they were done and ready to ship. as far as i know he never required pre payment. i know some have prepaid to just make sure they got one

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have bought 7 pf's from wade and never paid until they were done and ready to ship. as far as i know he never required pre payment. i know some have prepaid to just make sure they got one

It sure seemed like prepayment in full was the only way to get on this list. Is there anyone on the list that didn't prepay?

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

It sure seemed like prepayment in full was the only way to get on this list. Is there anyone on the list that didn't prepay?

I didn't. I didn't have to pre-pay for Atlantis either, and that was the first playfield I ever bought from him. He didn't require it in either case. I eventually paid him in full before the Atlantis boards were done, but he didn't require it. I've put a deposit down on Sky Jump, and I figure I'll get the playfield when he's got them done. This is exacting work, and his work that I've seen (two different game playfields) is superb.

This isn't his full time job. Like a lot of guys who make things to keep pinball alive, he's doing this on the side. It's a labor of love for these guys, but we can always be sure someone who isn't making jack shit to further the hobby will come on here and complain about how this isn't a way to "run a business."

I guess we can now put Wade on the list of guys like Ron Webb and Steve Azzam who have to put up with garbage.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I figure I'll get the playfield when he's got them done.

You sure will. <thumbsup>

I find if you under promise and over deliver you're far better off than over promising and under delivering. A life lesson I've learned in 50 years of being on this wonderful planet

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

You sure will. <thumbsup>
I find if you under promise and over deliver you're far better off than over promising and under delivering. A life lesson I've learned in 50 years of being on this wonderful planet

With all due respect don, you should calm down. Wade is a standup guy. He's delivered plenty of awesome high quality play fields for a cost far under what I would expect is their actual value. Give it some time. You'll be happy with the result. It's not like someone is going to get cancer if a PF is a few months late.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#176 7 years ago

I'm calm thanks.

#177 7 years ago

I went by Wade's today. I checked out the Sky Jumps. They look sweet. He was getting ready to cut a few more. He said he will be re-printing the ones that got messed up within the next few days. It is raining here in Fresno for the last few days so any type of clearing is halted (I'm not a painter so don't know the reasoning). There are a few that are complete and look awesome. I never realized the magenta color up top. I almost grabbed mine but opted to wait and let others get theirs first. I'm in no hurry. I still have my Atlantis I have to put in my game. As most of you know one is being sent to Steve Young at Pinball Resource. He will also be stocking them. I love Sky Jump. Probably my favorite EM pinball. I've restore mine by doing the cabinet, new plastics, new backglass and shopped out the playfiled. My current playfiled is pretty nice for an original but a knew one will be even better. It's almost time everyone.

#178 7 years ago

Wasn't sure how long the delay time would be so I'm driving down to Tampa tommorow and having the Wade Krause Wizard! swap started.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Wade Krause Wizard! swap started.

that will be fun! good luck

#180 7 years ago
1 week later
#181 7 years ago

Looking forward to this. I've also got an Atlantis from Wade that I will swap but mine requires a total resto including cabinet paint (I've got some stencils) which is a last resort. It's been raining constantly in Vancouver so my garage is too humid for paint, so I will have to do the Sky Jump first. This delay will give me an opportunity to make sure everything functions on this baby that I recently acquired before the swap begins.
Wade is an artist and these things happen. It's cool that someone is doing these old play fields so we can totally restore these classics. I've done a swap on a NOS Big Brave (my first one). It was challenging, fun and it looks awesome. I can't wait to complete Sky Jump then Atlantis. I've also got a playfields for Joker Poker and Strikes and Spares (from CPR). I'm glad I just retired!
Good luck everyone

1 week later
#182 7 years ago

The Wizard! is done and am now waiting for Sky Jump. Anyone know what's going on with that project?

1 week later
#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The Wizard! is done and am now waiting for Sky Jump. Anyone know what's going on with that project?

I got a refund on my paid in full sky jump PF.

#184 7 years ago

I spoke to Wade a few weeks ago. As mentioned earlier in this thread he had problems with the new clearcoat he was using and had to reprint a bunch of playfieldS.He has many done but is waiting for them all to be completed before he ships them out. I'm sure it won't be too much longer and it should really be worth the wait.

#185 6 years ago

I'd be very dissapointed if Wade sent me a refund. I can wait a long time if that's what it takes.

#186 6 years ago

I was over at the shop on Friday. Man they look really good. Wade is such a perfectionist. He pointed out a flaw on one of the boards that I was like "really? I don't see it". Because he wants his product to be perfect, it does take longer. All I can say is this is a piece of art. If you're looking for a quick fix on your game so you can hurry up and play it, or sell it, then maybe this isn't for you. I'm just as excited and drooling over this playfield as much as the next collector. But I look at it as I'm buying a piece of art. I've offered to help with the process in the past and do anything. But Wade has graciously turned me down. I also get it. This is HIS art. It's HIS reputation on the line and livelihood. I wouldn't want to mess something up. Wade is a one man show.
As I've stated before, Wade and I are good friends and in communication all the time. As his friend, I feel I need to stick up for him and answer any questions on here or ease tensions people may have about this process. As a pinball collector, I'm truthful in my description of how the product looks. It's actually a lengthy process without having problems. I don't know all the details about his business, but I do know that every time he does a playfield, it has to be sent off and approved by the patient holders (or something like that).
Anyways, I think all the PF's are spoken for by a lot of you. I do know that there will be a few for sale at Pinball Resource down the road. I eagerly await my Playfield with the rest of you.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Almost done. I saw them on Friday all lined up on the drying racks.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Almost done. I saw them on Friday all lined up on the drying racks.

Looking forward to mine.

#189 6 years ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Skyjump will look just as nice as these. Really looking forward to it.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Absolutely beautiful!

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, those look great. I'm really looking forward to this. The older I get the more patient I become, and that's a good thing. There's no panic at my end. I appreciate Wade's work.

#192 6 years ago

His Work is incredible Nd worth the wait, I have a Atlantis that I would trade for Eldorado?

Just picked a beautiful original Sky Jump, just a planked playfield to replace n coin door and she's done

It's worth the wait !!

#193 6 years ago

My guess is the boards will be completed before Pin-a-Go-Go which is May 19th.

#194 6 years ago

Looks like SkyJump ships out tomorrow!

#195 6 years ago

Mine shipped FedEx today.... arrives Thursday.

#196 6 years ago

Sky Jump PF's are shipping out. Be on the look out for yours or contact Wade for your shipping arrangements.

#197 6 years ago

Yep....got an email from Wade today. All paid up. I'm sure it will be spectacular.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Yep....got an email from Wade today. All paid up. I'm sure it will be spectacular.

Me too.

#199 6 years ago

My SJ Playfield just got here 20 minutes ago, pics to come..................

#200 6 years ago

From Wade's Instagram:

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
There are 225 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-repro-sky-jump-playfield/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.