(Topic ID: 151098)

Who wants a repo Abra Ca Dabra Playfield?

By bicyclenut

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Perspex
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F6A65CB-EDEA-4BFD-8C3D-60B186F06059 (resized).jpeg
2CDEBDDC-C934-4ACF-B2FA-68FCF33F6A1E (resized).jpeg
B5EB314A-FEC1-4C98-AE5B-E875EEC34CC0 (resized).jpeg
20181214_213033_resized (resized).jpg
1544848609404 (resized).jpeg
46973033_1929049200542393_1576487026104991744_o (resized).jpg
IMG_3011 (resized).JPG
IMG_3010 (resized).JPG
IMG_3009 (resized).JPG
IMG_3008 (resized).JPG
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

The master of playfields Wade Krause said he'd consider doing a run of reproduction Playfileds of Abra Ca Dabra if there is enough committed buyer. He needs a least 20 buyers to make it happen. Then he will put it in his work flow. This doesnt happen over night, so it will take awhile to complete. Who's in?

#2 8 years ago

What is the price? Can I get someone to do my swap after theirs?

#3 8 years ago

Count me in for one of these!

#4 8 years ago

I believe the price is around $700 shipped. But Ill talk to Wade and find out for sure then post it back here.

#5 8 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra! Bump...

#6 8 years ago

I would be interested. I would like to know the price as well. Unfortunately, I am in Canada so I have to 40% to the price but I still want one! Please find out app what the time frame is. Love my ACD!

#7 8 years ago

I hope people jump on this, so when I eventually find one of these machines I may have a better chance at a top notch playfield

#8 8 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if someone did an Abra Ca Dabra conversion for Team One? Many say it's the better game. If it wasn't for the lesser art it would really be something. So if there was a reproduction Team One playfield and backglass with Abra art? Wouldn't that be fantastic? It could be called Allakazam or something. Just spitballing....

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Wouldn't it be cool if someone did an Abra Ca Dabra conversion for Team One? Many say it's the better game. If it wasn't for the lesser art it would really be something. So if there was a reproduction Team One playfield and backglass with Abra art? Wouldn't that be fantastic? It could be called Allakazam or something. Just spitballing....

I thought of this when I had my team one, but it was to nice of a pin to retheme. if I had a beater team one it would be worth it.

#10 8 years ago

I have a Abra Ca Dabra and love this game. I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum a few months ago and played the Team One they had on the floor...Man, I was hooked. That was a really fun game and just different enough to make it feel like a totally different game. So I know what you mean.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a Abra Ca Dabra and love this game. I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum a few months ago and played the Team One they had on the floor...Man, I was hooked. That was a really fun game and just different enough to make it feel like a totally different game. So I know what you mean.

I had both side by side for about three months, I thought team one was a better player. I could not keep both so the art won out

#12 8 years ago

$700.00 I could do. Stupid Question?: Clearcoat by Kruzman, or other before its dimpled?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

$700.00 I could do. Stupid Question?: Clearcoat by Kruzman, or other before its dimpled?

Personally for home use a couple coats of silicone free wax such as Staples or Johnson's Paste Wax would do the trick along with regular cleaning and a clean ball. His newer playfields (post Kings and Queens) use a different clear that I believe will be a bit more sturdy in the long run. I can definitely tell there is a difference between the KingsQueens and Gold Strike that I have. I put a few coats of wax on each and they will be plopped into games like that and maintained.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

It's called "Wizard".
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2802
Also, "Magic Wizard", but who knows if it was ever produced.
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3743

#16 8 years ago

That Wizard is neat but an entirely different playfield layout. Looks interesting though.

2 months later
#17 7 years ago

Another Bump to see who else wants an Abra Ca Dabra playfield by Wade Krause

#18 7 years ago

I will take one.

#19 7 years ago

This playfield in up for concideration for production by Wade Krause. He wants to do it as long as there is interest that people will buy this one. Im for it. I really want this playfield to be done. It feel it a pretty popular game among collectors, especially since you can find repro plastics and backglass for Abra Ca Dabra.

#20 7 years ago

I never saw this thread when you started it. I had a conversation with Wade about C37 and ACD and started a thread for each one.

I have over the 20 commitments needed for C37 and it's officially in Wade's queue.

I currently have 10 for ACD (including Vitty & Tyamry I see here) in my list. We should combine lists!

Rob

#21 7 years ago

I was at Wade's shop yesterday and we were discussing the playfields he will be doing next. I know there are a lot of people that want certain games done. This is great for Wade. But it mainly comes down to where the most interest is and him getting a playfield to copy. So YES let's combine names/threads to help Wade out. C37 would be great! Love that game. I think his plan is to do Sky Jump after Atlantis. I thought he told me he bought inserts for ACD when he bought Sky Jump inserts. Also in his queue us 2001 and there was talk of Jacks Open. Ultimately it's Wades decision on what and when or if he's doing the next playfield. Wade is my friend and I'm all about helping out his business wherever I can. So YES let's work together and keep people up to date on the process or however else I can help. Let me know
Dave-

#22 7 years ago

Agree. Wade told me last week 2 or 3 after Atlantis and then C37. Hopefully we get enough for ACD after that.

I'll PM you the info I have for ACD and you can run with that one. I'll stay on C37.

Thanks Dave!!
Rob

1 week later
#23 7 years ago

I am ready to buy an ACD playfield assuming I can find an ACD with a trashed playfield. Wish I still had mine.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

I am ready to buy an ACD playfield assuming I can find an ACD with a trashed playfield. Wish I still had mine.

Hope you find one! PM me your name and email address if you want on the list I send to Wade.

Rob

1 month later
#25 7 years ago

This is a bump for a call for ACD playfield. Anyone else want one? I want to give this list of names to Wade.

#26 7 years ago

HI, I will take a ACD playfield, count me in!!!

#27 7 years ago

Already on the list, but just want to confirm.

#28 7 years ago

I'd be in for a C37 even though mine if pretty nice to begin with.

#29 7 years ago

I started an ACD playfield reproduction thread also, so bicyclenut and I have combined forces and we will use this thread as the official list. I have given him the names from my list which includes the following. He has additional names on his list.

Chippewa-Pin
Vitty
Electrocute
Pinballer73
EM-PINMAN
Benetboy78
Tuna_Delight
fantasygoat
Tyamry
DallasPinball
Hougie
rcarlson

Thanks, Rob

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd be in for a C37 even though mine if pretty nice to begin with.

Do you mean ACD or C37?

If ACD, bicyclenut will add you to his list.

If you mean C37, I have a thread for that one and can add you to my list if you want. PM me your name and email address. We already have 25 confirmed so it's a go in Wade's queue. There are 2-3 in queue ahead of it.

#31 7 years ago

All names and contact info so far have been emailed to Wade. Thanks everyone. Let's get some more people on this list so this Playfield happens.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

If you mean C37, I have a thread for that one and can add you to my list if you want. PM me your name and email address. We already have 25 confirmed so it's a go in Wade's queue. There are 2-3 in queue ahead of it.

Yes sir!! Thanks for your help. Here is the C37 thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-gottlieb-centigrade-37-want-a-new-playfield/page/2#post-3101252

#33 7 years ago

Thank you! Hopefully we can get enough for ACD too. How many do we have in the combined list?

If he does Jacks Open too, I'd be all set!

#34 7 years ago

Thanks I'm on the C37 list now. My ACD has a nice playfield and has a full protector too.

#35 7 years ago

I'll take an Abra Ca Dabra as well as a Centigrade 37. I should be getting an Atlantis playfield soon and am assuming Sky Jump is next on his schedule (might be wrong, 2001?) One good thing about Wade's schedule is it gives you time to find the machine.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I'll take an Abra Ca Dabra as well as a Centigrade 37. I should be getting an Atlantis playfield soon and am assuming Sky Jump is next on his schedule (might be wrong, 2001?) One good thing about Wade's schedule is it gives you time to find the machine.

Please PM me your name and email address to get included in the list to Wade for C37.

PM your info to bicyclenut to get included in the list to Wade for ACD.

Thanks, Rob

#37 7 years ago

Thank you! Hopefully we can get enough for ACD too. How many do we have in the combined list?

start a list rob! you have managed to get the ball rolling on the two you wanted.
i be in for one

#38 7 years ago

I'd love a Jack's Open too. Wade and I talked about that one. I told him he can use my machine to measure etc..

#39 7 years ago

How many do we have in the combined list

I believe 14 so far

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

start a list rob! you have managed to get the ball rolling on the two you wanted.
i be in for one

I'll start a thread. Who knows, maybe it'll be 3 for 3. With almost 3k produced and it being a popular wedgehead, I think we can get to 20.

I see that bicyclenut has talked to him about it too. Wade and I were emailing back and forth tonight and he said Jacks Open is a great game and maybe people would want it.

3 months later
#41 7 years ago

I would be in for one too. Currently in the market for a game.

#42 7 years ago

FYI...Wade is currently working on Sky Jump. He also scanned/measured/digitized the ACD playfield into his computer, along with Jumping Jack. So there is movement on this playfield. I've communicated with Wade that I have a list of people wanting this game and I gave him a playfield to use to duplicate from. Looks like it's in the cue. Email Wade to also let him know you want this playfield. I can't wait for this one!!

#43 7 years ago

Dang it! Both ACD and Jumping Jack are in que....I want both of those, and I currently don't have either game.

#44 7 years ago

Abra Cadabra or Centigrade 37 would be very nice. Have neither but would begin a search if he decides to do either. I hope he continues with the wedgeheads from the mid 70's.

#45 7 years ago

C37 is on his short list. I have a post out there for a sign up list. We are at 26 now, so Wade has it on his list.

I have you (Electrocute) in my spreadsheet, but need your name and email address. PM me if you want to be #27.

Thanks... Rob

#46 7 years ago

Okay, I just had an exchange with Wade and the time for sky jump is getting near. He has asked me to compile a list of names and email addresses to send to him. When he is ready to go he will then email everyone for a firm and final commitment and deposit. Please email me your name, email address, and pinside alias. Even if you have already emailed wade please email me and I will put you on the list so no one falls through the cracks and we get an accurate count. Thanks

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Topcard:

Okay, I just had an exchange with Wade and the time for sky jump is getting near. He has asked me to compile a list of names and email addresses to send to him. When he is ready to go he will then email everyone for a firm and final commitment and deposit. Please email me your name, email address, and pinside alias. Even if you have already emailed wade please email me and I will put you on the list so no one falls through the cracks and we get an accurate count. Thanks

Bumping...also sending bicyclenut a PM to get on the ACD list

....hopefully Jumping Jack/Jack in the Box too

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Jumping Jack/Jack in the Box too

Im pretty sure he will be doing these at the same time, So Im pretty sure you could have them shipped at the same time. All depends on if they get done at the same time and/or if you want to wait for one or the other to be completed. Just a little background on Wades production: All his playfields are done by him and him alone. He is a one man show. I think that's why his playfields come out so good.

#49 7 years ago

BTW I have a list of ACD playfield people. It's on this thread and in my email. Also, some address given to me from Rob (Chippewa-Pin). Thanks everyone and keep them coming. I'll update everyone as much as I can as I am in contact with Wade all the time. Feel free to contact Wade with questions and payment info at [email protected]

1 week later
#50 7 years ago

Hey everyone..Wade has been working really hard at making playfields and wants to keep rolling with the productivity. Currently he's in production with Sky Jump. and next I think (or soon after) is Abra Ca Dabra. Here is a list of pinsiders who want a new PF. Grab your spot while you can and get on the list.

Bicyclenut
Spock
Captive_Ball
Chippewa-Pin
Vitty
Electrocute
Pinballer73
Benetboy78
Tuna_Delight
fantasygoat
Tyamry
DallasPinball
Hougie
rcarlson
Phillips88
Pinhead52

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-repo-abra-ca-dabra-playfield/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.