(Topic ID: 167756)

Who want's a new DW Time Expander Cover?

By Mitch

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinball_faz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spoilers (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
time (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Not yet, but I did not expect this to be a quick turn-around from him.
Most Cliffy's line an object. A hole or a ramp or something else. This protector is more like armor for a broken (or in my case missing piece of plastic). He's got to invent a new concept to create structure, where structure does not exist AND make the dome look good.
Initially, I was thinking about a few wings (one on each side) to cover a break and/or protect a solid cover. But I'm having a hard time visualizing what that would look like given the decal.
As far as other repro efforts, I 100% support them, but the base design stinks. Even with thicker plastic... it's going to shatter. A new design is needed that's more mechanically sound.
faz

Where does the Time Expander cover usually crack? Mine is a bit weak around the screws in front... Couldn't we just add some plastic washers in there like for slings?

1 week later
#30 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

The wings that it screws down. They are way too thin (thickness of material and width).
Pressure of the screws (over-tight) and/or vibrations just tear it to pieces.
One of my ideas to Cliffy was to create a small protector that went on both sides of the plastic (like a sandwich). This would distribute the pressure across a larger area and offer structural support.
faz

Literally just happened today on one side. I've repaired it with that UV-hardened plastic filler stuff (can't think of the name offhand) which looks really good and seems pretty solid. Not ideal though.

3 weeks later
#33 2 years ago

Rich what do you know that we don't know?

#35 2 years ago

Slightly OT, but anybody know if there are repro decals or plastics for this game? If I want to fork over $300 for the ramps they come with decals but my Ramps are in good shape - just the decals are kinda not.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

There are super poor reproduction slings, and some side art from Europe that looks decent, and some stickers for the targets, and that's about all I've seen.

Yeah that's all I've seen too. Bummer! I saw some used plastics on eBay, but most likely they are in the same shape as what I've already got...

2 months later
#40 2 years ago

I think I'm going to order... can somebody point me to where I can buy these awesome covers?

#43 2 years ago

Thanks very much! Man that was quick, much appreciated

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside