(Topic ID: 167756)

Who want's a new DW Time Expander Cover?

By Mitch

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pinball_faz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Spoilers (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
time (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Who out there needs a new time expander cover for there game, figure if we can get enough people who are looking maybe somebody can make a batch. Its just clear plastic so I don't think there will be any copyright issues and the decal is still available from planetary pinball.

Someone suggested that i make this thread in my for sale thread so here it is.

Maybe freeplay40 ....

#2 3 years ago

Quotes from for sale thread:

Quoted from Drewblood419:

I'm looking for one also pinsider freeay40 can make them and PPS Rick has the rights and mold so hopefully the two get together and put these bad boys to market soon

Quoted from pinball_faz:

There needs to be some rework in the design. The original broke easily and from what I read the Twisted Pins remake ran into similar unhappy customers. The design is quite poor. The stress point on the screw anchor point is pretty bad.
If the project is tied to using that exact mold, I'd suggest we get Cliffy in the picture. If he can get a protector that sits on top of AND below the tab, it should distribute the stress better. And/or if your hood is broken, the Cliffy protector would make it look a heck of a lot better.
YO!!! Cliffy!!! Got your ears on?!?!
Thanks,
faz

I ended up talking with him(freeplay) via pm hopefully all parties can get this unobtainium part made/revamped

Quoted from Mitch:

I could send him mine to make a mold off of. If he can make the plastic you can buy the decal on planetary pinball.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going so they can see the demand for this piece

Quoted from pinball_faz:

Actually, I'd abandon this thread as nobody is going to be tracking it.
Create a new thread: Who want's a new DW Time Expander Cover?
quote some of the contents of this thread in it if you wish.
I would guess that most people that might want a repro have long drained/ignored this topic since it started out as a "wanted" ad.
faz

#3 3 years ago

Doesn't look too hard compared to a ramp.

time (resized).jpg

#10 3 years ago

What if there was a cliffy made for the whole front edge or just made from a better material.

#17 3 years ago

I didn't think starship fantasy was still making new product. I though they were just selling off old stock. Have a better chance of freeplay making it.

2 weeks later
#18 3 years ago

Does anybody know where i can find one? I have bought every part to do a full restore on dr who but cant find this last one.

2 months later
#20 3 years ago

Still looking for one.

3 months later
#25 2 years ago

Any word from cliffy?

Freeplay40 has agreed to look into making them is someone will send him a undamaged one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/freeplay40-ramps/page/26#post-3636058

1 week later
#32 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

I've got just one word...

Something is happening in the future (or maybe it's the past).
faz

Don't leave me hanging!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.99
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mitch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside