(Topic ID: 260245)

Who wants a TeamOne 2 Wizard aka Abra Cadabra AAB, end of production!

By pinhead52

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0634 (resized).jpeg
20230722_121959_resized (resized).jpg
20221113_110309 (resized).jpg
IMG_0653 (resized).jpeg
20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
20230728_171900_resized (resized).jpg
4E978FE7-72DA-44E5-90B2-9B99A4704EC1 (resized).jpeg
20230213_170012_resized (resized).jpg
20230104_101846_resized (resized).jpg
20230106_095411_resized (resized).jpg
20230104_101829_resized (resized).jpg
20190514_180557 (resized).jpg
20220915_105758_resized (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Hey Dono, do me a fav and look into the scoring at 5 WOWs. It probably just needs a contact on the WOW stepper. Maybe I can incorporate into Wizard

The easiest way to do this is to run a wire from the green-white-red 1000 point relay tab to the green-red 7B index relay tab. This allows 5000 points AND WOW. However...

there's an issue with this ... you are awarded a WOW + 5K when NOT maxed out on WOWs as well. Since this is the case, it doesn't match the playfield text, stating "5000 points OR Wow".

To allow 5000 points ONLY when WOWs maxed out is a bit more complicated, most likely an additional switch tied to the WOW Advance Unit EOS switch, that trips a MAX WOWS relay, enabling 5000 point scoring on lit targets. Obviously you'd have to wire in the path to the 1000 relay, and the hold path on the new relay as well. Really wouldn't be hard; I'll keep you posted on progress.

500K_team_one (resized).jpg500K_team_one (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

The easiest way to do this is to run a wire from the green-white-red 1000 point relay tab to the green-red 7B index relay tab. This allows 5000 points AND WOW. However...
there's an issue with this ... you are awarded a WOW + 5K when NOT maxed out on WOWs as well. Since this is the case, it doesn't match the playfield text, stating "5000 points OR Wow".
To allow 5000 points ONLY when WOWs maxed out is a bit more complicated, most likely an additional switch tied to the WOW Advance Unit EOS switch, that trips a MAX WOWS relay, enabling 5000 point scoring on lit targets. Obviously you'd have to wire in the path to the 1000 relay, and the hold path on the new relay as well. Really wouldn't be hard; I'll keep you posted on progress.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This mod is now completed, and it works GREAT! Now it does what the playfield says - even if you've maxed out your WOWS - 5K for lit drop targets instead of no score.

I did have an issue where the new MAX WOWS relay, pulsed by the newly added and now closed EOS switch on the Advance WOW unit, was resulting in 3K score on the 5th wow... so I added a switch to score motor 4D into the circuit to delay the timing of the new relay energizing, and added a HOLD switch on this relay to continue enabling this relay until the next ball is kicked to the shooter.

I plan on adding the circuit changes here, and will do that shortly.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

This mod is now completed, and it works GREAT! Now it does what the playfield says - even if you've maxed out your WOWS - 5K for lit drop targets instead of no score.
I did have an issue where the new MAX WOWS relay, pulsed by the newly added and now closed EOS switch on the Advance WOW unit, was resulting in 3K score on the 5th wow... so I added a switch to score motor 4D into the circuit to delay the timing of the new relay energizing, and added a HOLD switch on this relay to continue enabling this relay until the next ball is kicked to the shooter.
I plan on adding the circuit changes here, and will do that shortly.

great stuff Dono, will be sure to incorporate

#54 4 years ago

Sorry for the low tech drawings... pop me a note if you need further explanations of any of these circuit changes.

Just to clarify - MAX WOWS is a new relay added to the back box... it has two NO switches and is used to bridge the 1000PT relay (L) to the SERIES relay (7B) when maximum number of wows (5) is reached. It is also used to HOLD in the relay until the next ball is brought before the shooter.

Two additional switches are required:

1) A NO switch attached to the top of the existing switch stack that rides on the rotating disc of the Wow Advance Unit. This is used (along with new switch 4D) to allow powering of the new relay only when maximum number of WOWS (5) is reached.
2) A NO switch attached to the 4D position score motor position. This is used to delay the closing of the new relay to avoid phantom scoring. A nylon spacer should be used on the existing inner switch blade to help push the new switch closed when the switch dog engages the position.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngIMG_0140[3946] (resized).JPGIMG_0140[3946] (resized).JPG

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Sorry for the low tech drawings... pop me a note if you need further explanations of any of these circuit changes.
Just to clarify - MAX WOWS is a new relay added to the back box... it has two NO switches and is used to bridge the 1000PT relay (L) to the SERIES relay (7B) when maximum number of wows (5) is reached. It is also used to HOLD in the relay until the next ball is brought before the shooter.
Two additional switches are required:
1) A NO switch attached to the top of the existing switch stack that rides on the rotating disc of the Wow Advance Unit. This switch allows the MAX WOWS relay to power on only when maximum number of accrued WOWs is reached.
2) A NO switch attached to the 4D position score motor position. This is used to delay the closing of the new relay to avoid phantom scoring. A nylon spacer should be used on the existing inner switch blade to help push the new switch closed when the switch dog engages the position.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#56 4 years ago

Thanks Dono let me mod my sample Wizard and report back. I also have a TO setup I could mod.

5 months later
#57 3 years ago

Any news on availability of the backglass and playfield kit for the conversion pinhead52 ?

#58 3 years ago

Ive got a serious deposit with Wade to get this started. He's in the midst of FastDraw pf right now. Would expect that he'll get going after that.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive got a serious deposit with Wade to get this started. He's in the midst of FastDraw pf right now. Would expect that he'll get going after that.

Excellent news! Looking forward to the opportunity.

#60 3 years ago

If interested, how do we get on the list for this project?

#61 3 years ago

Just hit me up. Ive got about 8 pre-orders out of 25. Selling both a kit and then a complete game, Ive got 5 games in inventory. Once we get the art approved and I have a better idea when Wade will produce I'll post a list of the pre-orders..

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Just hit me up. Ive got about 8 pre-orders out of 25. Selling both a kit and then a complete game, Ive got 5 games in inventory. Once we get the art approved and I have a better idea when Wade will produce I'll post a list of the pre-orders..

Awesome, will do!

#63 3 years ago

I'm still interested but have not found a Team One yet. Have only seen one for sale and the price on that one was high. If someone finds one for sale please let me know. I can pickup games from the midwest (Nebraska) all the way to the east coast. I make regular runs between North Carolina to Nebraska. Also trip's to Florida and Georgia happen several times a year. I should be able to find a Team One somewhere in those area's. I am also willing to pickup Team Ones for other's wanting to join this project.

#64 3 years ago

Yea NY and CT seem to be the hot bed. There was just one up in marketplace from the Pacific pinball Mus. Ive got a stash of 5 game in anticipation.

production run of 650, Seems like most are still around

#65 3 years ago

How much it will cost for buying a Team One with all the Abra Ca Cabra AAB change directly from you?With shipping to Canada?

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

How much it will cost for buying a Team One with all the Abra Ca Cabra AAB change directly from you?With shipping to Canada?

My pre-buy price Im thiniking $3250. includes all new lamp sockets, plastics, posts etc. as well as pf and bg. Post buy $3650. Shipping to Canada... thats probably $600

#67 3 years ago

That's actually reasonable I think. Are you thinking that the cabinet art would match the current Abra art, or perhaps something different?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

That's actually reasonable I think. Are you thinking that the cabinet art would match the current Abra art, or perhaps something different?

I would match the existing Abra cab art, you can see a sample game in my first post of this thread. The minor difference is TeamOne is in the bigger late 70's cab where Abra was in the early 70's cab. I had Jeff Miller stretch the Abra art stencils to match the larger cab. MikeO is tempted to use a early 70s cab for his game. If somebody wants it in an early cab that will be a slight upsell. (I can get cabs manufactured for $500)

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I would match the existing Abra cab art, you can see a sample game in my first post of this thread. The minor difference is TeamOne is in the bigger late 70's cab where Abra was in the early 70's cab. I had Jeff Miller stretch the Abra art stencils to match the larger cab. MikeO is tempted to use a early 70s cab for his game. If somebody wants it in an early cab that will be a slight upsell. (I can get cabs manufactured for $500)

Mine is definitely going into an earlier shallower body cabinet.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Mine is definitely going into an earlier shallower body cabinet.

I just found a Volley, nice pf but trashed cab, Im going to borrow a TO cab for the Volley while I wait on Wade. I'll buy the extra TO large cab from you. Here's the head, (Ive got extra), cab not much better

Just a little Bondo @boilerman?

20201005_130451_resized (resized).jpg20201005_130451_resized (resized).jpg

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I just found a Volley, nice pf but trashed cab, Im going to borrow a TO cab for the Volley while I wait on Wade. I'll buy the extra TO large cab from you. Here's the head, (Ive got extra), cab not much better
Just a little Bondo boilerman?
[quoted image]

Sounds like a plan

1 week later
#72 3 years ago

Reminder to this thread please. If someone is willing to part with a nicer Team One backglass, I would like to get it from you. My reds are flaking/fading.

Yes, I know I can BGrestro it, but was hoping to find original and perhaps cheaper.

Thanks.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Reminder to this thread please. If someone is willing to part with a nicer Team One backglass, I would like to get it from you. My reds are flaking/fading.
Yes, I know I can BGrestro it, but was hoping to find original and perhaps cheaper.
Thanks.

I have a glass, really nice with only ink suck marks. pf in this game is next to perfect as well

toglass (resized).jpgtoglass (resized).jpg
#74 3 years ago

PM sent.

6 months later
#75 2 years ago

Great news from Wade, my Wizard project is getting queued up to start.

https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/author/wadekrause/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#76 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Great news from Wade, my Wizard project is getting queued up to start.
https://pinballplayfields.wordpress.com/author/wadekrause/[quoted image]

Excellent news, looking forward to this. Wade has my Team One to assist him with this project.

What is the reference he makes to Strange World in relation too?

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:Excellent news, looking forward to this. Wade has my Team One to assist him with this project.
What is the reference he makes to Strange World in relation too?

Thats the other pf for this year

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Thats the other pf for this year

Ah nice!

#79 2 years ago

Pinballer73, didnt realize you were helping up Wade, i'll certainly reserve a kit for you if you wish. (Wade will not be selling these directly)

#80 2 years ago

There’s a Team one for sale in Minneapolis CL for $950 and been there over a month.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

There’s a Team one for sale in Minneapolis CL for $950 and been there over a month.

sweet we will check it out

1 week later
#82 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Pinballer73, didnt realize you were helping up Wade, i'll certainly reserve a kit for you if you wish. (Wade will not be selling these directly)

Yes please pinhead52 . I sent you a PM to register my interest way back when you first announced the possibility of the kit, along with a post in this thread. As a result, I already thought I was on your list? Please confirm that. As it was the sole reason why I bought the game and offered it to Wade.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Yes please pinhead52 . I sent you a PM to register my interest way back when you first announced the possibility of the kit, along with a post in this thread. As a result, I already thought I was on your list? Please confirm that. As it was the sole reason why I bought the game and offered it to Wade.

#84 2 years ago

Double post

#85 2 years ago

Yes, I'll add you to the list.

And Wade has had some time to work on this project... Here's a teaser!

ABRA-GLASS-WIZARD-W-LIGHT-UP (resized).jpgABRA-GLASS-WIZARD-W-LIGHT-UP (resized).jpg
#86 2 years ago

So far I have confirmed or interested in 17 of the 25 kits
1 Mike O
2 Larry C
3 Jesse
4 Dave B
5 Chris A
6 Don O
7 Bill M
8 Jack G
9 Dave (Houston)
10 Ken for game
11 Pinballer73
12 fingersport
13 ChipScott pinside
14 VGC1612
15 ben chertok33 pinside
16 Shay
17 Moe pinside

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

So far I have confirmed or interested in 17 of the 25 kits
1 Mike O
2 Larry C
3 Jesse
4 Dave B
5 Chris A
6 Don O
7 Bill M
8 Jack G
9 Dave (Houston)
10 Ken for game
11 Pinballer73
12 fingersport
13 ChipScott pinside
14 VGC1612
15 ben chertok33 pinside
16 Shay
17 Moe pinside

You can put me down for confirmed.

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yes, I'll add you to the list.
And Wade has had some time to work on this project... Here's a teaser!
[quoted image]

Nice! Wade's certainly does nice work, 2nd to none.

#89 2 years ago

Updated list

Name
1 Mike O
2 Larry C
3 Jesse
4 Dave B
5 Chris A
6 Don O
7 Bill M
8 Jack G
9 Dave (Houston)
10 Ken for game
11 Pinballer73 pinside
12 fingersport pinside
13 ChipScott pinside
14 VGC1612 pinside
15 ben chertok33 pinside
16 Shay
17 Topcard pinside

Besides the kits I'll have 4-5 converted games for direct sales, Ive snagged a handful of TO's so far.

3 weeks later
#90 2 years ago

Yet another Team One bought up for the project, a little pricey but will look to offer up the pf to TeamOne owners who want an upgrade. (Seriously if there are any TO owners out there jonesin ... i can part with a pf nowish and just leave the bottom side in a box)

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

If anybody is traveling Minneapolis to Dallas and wants some gas money, Ive got a pin that needs a ride. Its stashed with a good buddy and if nothing else I'll retrieve it when I hit the Chicago show in October. I'll have to bring my prototype Wizard to generate interest. Hopefully the pf's/bgs will be done by then.

Ken

1 week later
#91 2 years ago

Some proto art received, now Im getting excited... Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll see a pf design... then its off for approvals...

#92 2 years ago

Here's the updated "interested" list, and revised again, apparently Stu doesnt want 3 kits only one. I should probably reserve one for Wade?

Name
1 Mike O
2 Larry C
3 Dave B
4 Chris A
5 Don O
6 Bill M
7 Jack G
8 Dave (Houston)
9 Ken for game
10 Stu C Pinballer73
11 fingersport
12 ChipScott pinside
13 VGC1612
14 ben chertok33 pinside
15 Shay
16 Topcard pinside
17 Rob B

17 out of 25, still not too shabby.

#93 2 years ago

list update

Name
1 Mike O
2 Larry C
3 Dave B
4 Chris A
5 Don O
6 Bill M
7 Jack G
8 Dave (Houston)
9 Ken for game
10 Stu C Pinballer73
11 fingersport
12 ChipScott pinside
13 VGC1612
14 ben chertok33 pinside
15 Shay
16 Topcard pinside
17 Rob B
18 TimMe pinside

#94 2 years ago

Yes, please count me in, I think this is a fantastic project. It's funny because I had been toying for a few years with the idea of somehow hacking an Abra-Ca-Dabra to make it play with the Team One ruleset. But this kit idea is 1000 times better! I'm really happy that you are doing this.

I owned an Abra-Ca-Dabra back in the late 1970s that I bought from my boss for $200 when we pulled it off location. I sold it when I moved to Los Angeles in 1985, and I have always been sorry that I sold it. I acquired a Team One several years ago here in Seattle, and as much as I like the AAB game play, for me the art package is extremely weak. I think this is a perfect example of how important the art theme is to a game, and I agree that Team One would be much more fun to play if it were re-themed with the Abra-Ca-Dabra art. And what a great idea to change the 1-2-3-4-5-6 to W-I-Z-A-R-D. It's quite a lucky break that the game name is six letters long, and all the letters are different.

- TimMe

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Some proto art received, now Im getting excited... Hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll see a pf design... then its off for approvals...
[quoted image]

Ken, thanks for managing this project... it's going to be so incredibly awesome to have the guts in my team-one adorn WIZARD... I'm going all out too... doing a lacquer cabinet repaint just like stock... the goal is to have this game look just like it did off the assembly line back in the mid-70s... woo-hoo baby!!!

#96 2 years ago

Team One #6 received (sort of, at a buddy in Minneapolis ). Anybody need a TO pf?

#97 2 years ago

Another tease...pf art being finalized. getting really close folks

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Another tease...pf art being finalized. getting really close folks
[quoted image]

Gonna be sweet!!!

1 month later
#99 2 years ago

Big news, preliminary art has been approved and licensing worked out. Now to work with Wade and get a production schedule worked out. For everybody on the interest list expect to hear from me shortly.

Kit composition
1. Wade pf
2. Wade bg
3. Wade light baffle
4. Rescue Abra plastics
5. Dip targets
6. detailed instructions

You'll need drop targets from PBR and other stuff and extended Abra stencils from da Pimp.

Besides kits I'll be selling finished "Wizard" games, have a stock of 5-6 games. Also have one conversion lined up (somebody delivered a TO to me)

Year end is my expectation for kits.

Ken

20210625_124335 (resized).jpg20210625_124335 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#100 2 years ago

Ok gang. Licensing completed thru Mondial, preliminary design approved by them and Steve. Wade lined up and production tentatively scheduled. By year end is the commitment.

Kit composition
1. Wade pf
2. Wade bg
3. Wade light baffle
4. Rescue Abra plastics
5. Dip targets
6. Instruction Cards
7. detailed instructions for mounting the baffle and rewiring the lightboard (not too difficult)

You'll need 10 drop targets from Steve as well as new pop caps (Im suggesting Neutron Star). Pinball Pimp has the Abra stencils for a TO deep cab.

Pr-delivery pricing $1295, will ask for a $300 deposit.

I will start reaching out to the folks on the list.

Thanks
ken

There are 261 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-gottlieb-wizard-conversion-kit/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.