Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have a friend that wants to ship a pin to me so I can go through it and fix it up for him.the pinball is a williams 1965 8 ball em it's located in Connecticut and I'm in kansas city who should he go through to have this thing shipped???? Bit more back story on this one is it was his dad's and he has since passed he has alot of good memories of playing on it with him as a kid and wants to bring it to his house now and he's in Arkansas and will pick it up from me when it's done.

#2 8 years ago

You can call michelle bianchi at NAVl, but it will probably be like at least $400

#3 8 years ago

Try Don Bosworth from http://www.pinballsonthemove.com.

I've used him many times, a pro. Highly recommended!

#4 8 years ago

NAVL is pushing $475 last time I checked.

#5 8 years ago

use a freight shipper. break it down, pack it and pallet properly. we made video links of how to pack if you want them. ship with town air, fed ex freight, r&l, etc. call em. navl (sti) is way to much money now and takes too long.
    my freight account could get it shipped from the states you mentioned for under $150 and arrive in 1 or 2 days. (to give you an idea)

#6 8 years ago

Pay the extra for insurance!

#7 8 years ago

I just called NAVL today and their price was really high.

#8 8 years ago

I would not let a freight shipper move any pinball machine. I have lost multiple items from them requiring a long time to get resolved. The worst was then dropping a gun safe hard enough that it jammed the door and had to be cut open. They are great for shipping raw steel, tires, construction equipment and items palleted and properly contained for rough shipping, but are horrible for anything else. I would pay NAVL the extra $300 and save the 5 hours required to properly crate the machine.

#9 8 years ago

Do you have those video links spinner?

#10 8 years ago

Yes, unfortunately the prices from STI (Michelle Bianchi) have gotten too high for me unless I really have no other option. One that I just used a few months ago to have a pinball machine shipped and then later a minibike is uShip.

Pretty-cool really. You put what you want shipped and how much you are willing to spend and then wait for the offers. Usually it's some hillbilly with a box truck or a trailer but the stuff gets there.

Now if I were buying something worth a lot of money I might spring for the STI because they are a professional service but so far I haven't had any problem with uShip.

https://www.uship.com/

#11 8 years ago

Not a paid advertisement, but another plug for Don Bosworth, http://www.pinballsonthemove.com.
    I've used him many times, a pro. Highly recommended!

#12 8 years ago

Ive shipped and received over 2000 games the past several years and have only had 2 claims. If you pack and pallet correct and use a good freight company, drop off at dock yourself, use large pallets, proper wratchet straps, you will be fine. Shipping a game on its legs is asking for trouble..let alone not being packed.

#14 8 years ago

I agree Don is a great guy and really cares about the games . I've used him and could not be happier .

2 months later
    #15 8 years ago

Does anybody have email or contact info for Don Bosworth? Looks like the Pinballs on the Move website is down.

#16 8 years ago
    #17 8 years ago

Don w/ Pinballs on the Move

+2

Great guy, great service

#18 8 years ago

Seems to now be working

Www.pinballsonthemove.com

#19 8 years ago

You could also try Don Bosworth's buddy Ray Starego from Game on the Go. I think he's closer, he's out of Brick NJ. 732-920-2789 his email is [email protected]

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-to-use-when-shipping-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.