(Topic ID: 85697)

Who to go to for powder coating these days?

By Dr-Willy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mcclad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I sent pinchroma a Pm but never heard back from him. I am looking to get the ramps on my batman forever recoated the same color, and also send in the legs, rails, hinges, and coin door to match. Who is the go to person these days that isnt going to cost me an arm and a leg?

#2 10 years ago

Your local auto paint shop or custom car shop would work

#3 10 years ago

I used Back Alley early this year. Fast turn around and reasonable pricing.
http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20home%20page.htm

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I used Back Alley early this year. Fast turn around and reasonable pricing.
http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20home%20page.htm

I second agree and vouch for Matts great work over at BAC. Just had a coin door done by him, was stellar! Pricing reasonable too. I know Gio at Pinball refinery does it as well, pricing fair as well. I believe he recently did a PR edition batman forever. It looked awesome. Look up zdoor on pinside and or go to pinballrefinery.com

#5 10 years ago

I too like Matt

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I sent pinchroma a Pm but never heard back from him. I am looking to get the ramps on my Batman Forever recoated the same color, and also send in the legs, rails, hinges, and coin door to match. Who is the go to person these days that isnt going to cost me an arm and a leg?

Sorry I'm just really busy and haven't done much end user work.

That color is a custom I mixed for the 3 or 4 BF's I did. It's not a solid single stage color it's a 2 stage. Also that ramp is a pain in the ass to ship because it's HUGE. You are going to have to custom make a box for it. Also please disassemble it before you send it to whoever is going to do your PC. Do not send them the little arm and pins that hold the arm. They are small and likely will get lost in shipping. And regardless of what people tell do, do NOT go to your local auto body powdercoater unless you want your parts destroyed, especially on ones that are unobtanium like that wireform.

#7 10 years ago

I do but we are in canada. Doh!

#8 10 years ago

Look locally .They are out there.Just got my AFM done in shiny black .Thirteen pieces for $125. If you are not sure of someones work send them a set of legs to do then decide.

#9 10 years ago

Back alley is the spot. Matt handles everything and his quality is impeccable, as well as his communication.

#10 10 years ago

Gio does fantastic work out here in CA.

3 weeks later
#11 10 years ago

Back Alley has a great communication, turnaround time and pricing.

#12 10 years ago

I found out that there is a guy that I work with who got certified by Dupont and does powder coating. He did my BSD wireforms and did an excellent job. The only thing is that shipping might be costly for youe because you would be sending some heavy parts and are on an opposite coast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-to-go-to-for-powder-coating-these-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.