Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 83 days ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I’m looking to get the driver board from my Shadow repaired. I’ve attempted to repair it as I’ve described in my thread here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-shadow-shorting-drive-transistors. But I was unsuccessful and have since been playing it with the coil wires disconnected from the driver board connector. I’d like to try to get this repaired instead of using a Rottendog and want to know who you guys recommend for this kind of repair. Thanks in advance.

#2 1 year ago

CHRISHIBLER posts here. PM him.

LTG : )

#4 1 year ago

Be sure and mention that you worked on it. Fixing prior repairs in addition to the original problem is often more time consuming and expensive. Some people won't work on boards that have been damaged like that.
borygard and pinballmaniac40 both do board work.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

CHRISHIBLER posts here. PM him.
LTG : )

Agree. He has provided me outstanding service.

#6 1 year ago

Coin-op cauldron, also.

1 year later
#7 83 days ago

Though this is an old thread, I just wanted to give a shout-out for Clive at the coin-op cauldron for board repair. Two years ago, Clive successfully repaired some pretty damaged F-14 Tomcat boards for me and patiently talked me through diagnosis and test points to determine the nature of the problem. And this weekend as I was about to send him some Party Animal boards for repair after losing some of the sounds during game play and ruling out the sound board, Clive suggested that instead I reseat all the connectors on the notoriously troublesome MPU board, and indeed that fixed the problem without my wasting the money on getting the boards diagnosed. Great service from a great company.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
3,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rehoboth Beach, DE

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside