(Topic ID: 73909)

Who stole the Cactus Canyon on Ebay for 9k this afternoon?

By Toasterdog

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Congrats to the buyer and my apologies to the seller. It looked very nice minus the cabinet art.

Kind of glad I spaced out for a bit this afternoon or I might have made a run at it within reason. Would have been a very bad move on my part too, so somewhat relieved at the same time. Had been following since the start.

Prices are most definitely making a modest correction IMO. Click above the small picture on "See original listing" if interested. It looked pretty sweet at that price.

ebay.com link

#2 5 years ago

Only thing stolen in this auction are the pistols

#4 5 years ago

Ahh, sorry for the double post. I looked but didn't see a post. Told you I spaced this afternoon, apparently still there, lol.

#5 5 years ago

I would hardly call $9k "stolen". Especially as the remake writing is pretty dang clear on the wall on this one. More like "timely sold".

#6 5 years ago

Stolen would be a huge overstatement, only one bidder would attest to that. Maybe for a minty one....

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from nighttaco:

Stolen would be a huge overstatement, only one bidder would attest to that. Maybe for a minty one....

Compared to recent prices 9k is a deal. These will be remade and ready for purchase in like 2 years. Maybe not a steal, but a bargain IMO. Replacing cabinet decals (provided with sale) is easy.

#8 5 years ago

Regardless of price, I would rather have any NIB Stern or JJP.

#9 5 years ago

We are still waiting to see if MM will be a great remake, surprised speculation is going 2years+ ahead

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

We are still waiting to see if MM will be a great remake, surprised speculation is going 2years+ ahead

The stupidly high priced games are all about intangibles, it really doesn't take a lot to deflate them. Nature of the beast. Rick has all but straight up confirmed the CC remake, that's enough.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Just so you all know, after the MM-AFM-CC remakes are done the next one is Hardbody. So someone please part with their grail Hardbody as I must have a minty one in my collection asap.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The stupidly high priced games are all about intangibles, it really doesn't take a lot to deflate them. Nature of the beast. Rick has all but straight up confirmed the CC remake, that's enough.

I totally agree it will be remade, but don't you think it will be sometime. Gotta think AFM is next, then possibly CC. At least 2 years off IMO

#13 5 years ago

I would love to have a CC or a CC Remake over an MM or an MM remake and here's why:

As pricey as MM became, you could still find them for play in the Detroit area. Heck, I can think of 4 places off the top of my head (including a corner bar) that have an MM right now! That is not the case with CC. The first time that I ever played one was at John Dayhuff's party. I fell in love with it. The game has a ton of charm and the western theme is awesome!

I'm really big on owning machines that are "new" to me. I've never owned and MM (way out of the price range), but there are plenty of games that I'd rather have given that I've played MM lots and lots of times. I could certainly see myself with an HUO CC Remake somewhere down the road.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I totally agree it will be remade, but don't you think it will be sometime. Gotta think AFM is next, then possibly CC. At least 2 years off IMO

Yeah, who knows, not me. But Rick talks about CC a lot, and hasn't said boo about AFM even once that I can recall. So would you spend $15k on one right now knowing that?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

MM is scheduled for Q2 of 2014. What if it has delays of 3-5 months for who knows what reason? Lots of unhappy people? Something doesn't turn out well etc? Nothing in concrete there will be a CC remake. Let's say there is, we are 3 years off I'd say if they do AFM first.

Plus, a lot of the MM stuff was already recreated by others and he could buy that up, that's a huge help.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

MM is scheduled for Q2 of 2014. What if it has delays of 3-5 months for who knows what reason?

It was scheduled for almost six years ago, what's another few months delay?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

MM is scheduled for Q2 of 2014. What if it has delays of 3-5 months for who knows what reason? Lots of unhappy people? Something doesn't turn out well etc? Nothing in concrete there will be a CC remake. Let's say there is, we are 3 years off I'd say if they do AFM first.

Hey, you could be dead on, how could I argue? But it's introducing uncertainty into the market. That's gonna make people hesitant to spend large sums of cash, just how it is. Doesn't have to be based on fact, informed speculation is enough to depress prices that are artificially high.

I think CCC is awesome, but really the reason CC is so high is purely rarity. A remake puts a real dent in that.

#18 5 years ago

With all the cost of ramping up production for this ( or any pin ) it would seem a really poor business move to halt production after only 900 units . . .

The pinball 2000 machines are interesting, although I don't think one will ever make into my collection.

#19 5 years ago

Even with a CC remake some years down the line (lots of ifs there), you won't get CCC. And that makes the original CC way more desirable.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Even with a CC remake some years down the line (lots of ifs there), you won't get CCC. And that makes the original CC way more desirable.

Notice how Rick went from WILLIAMS WILL ALLOW NO CODE CHANGES to hmmm, CCC *is* pretty cool ...

Not saying it's gonna happen, but the door seems more open to it than it did at Expo. It definitely sounds like at the very least it will ship with updated code.

#21 5 years ago

Rick has stated he has additional code for CC that was written and is IP of WMS. If that is complete enough to implement I feel that CCR could offer more than just the classic CC.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey, you could be dead on, how could I argue? But it's introducing uncertainty into the market. That's gonna make people hesitant to spend large sums of cash, just how it is. Doesn't have to be based on fact, informed speculation is enough to depress prices that are artificially high.
I think CCC is awesome, but really the reason CC is so high is purely rarity. A remake puts a real dent in that.

I'm on board with that. If the CC remake can't be made into CCC then it really isn't worth overly too much tbh. CCC is just so much better!

Quoted from o-din:It was scheduled for almost six years ago, what's another few months delay?

REally PPS has been making this for 6 years? Well, in that case AFM or CC or whatever remake will be pretty far out

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

REally PPS has been making this for 6 years?

I never said that. I was responding to the comment that MM was scheduled for Q2 of 2014. It was scheduled to be remade years ago. If Williams does not sign off in two weeks, then it is once again behind estimated schedule. I believe Wayne's customers showed more patience than PPS's will should this really fall behind.

#24 5 years ago

Seriously, why would any one want to wait
Years to get the game they want.
Cactus Canyon around 9k is great deal

Remake CC is around 10K
When made 10 years from now

#25 5 years ago

Because two year wait equals a new machine instead of a 20 year old box

#26 5 years ago

Didn't this lone bidder show up early into the auction?

If so, possibility is at least there that it was a only shill.

Guess we'll see (if it comes up FS again).

4 years later
#27 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Seriously, why would any one want to wait
Years to get the game they want.
Cactus Canyon around 9k is great deal
Remake CC is around 10K
When made 10 years from now

Well now with the CC re-make very close (perhaps after MB) the price will be maybe 7K or so I would think NIB.

#28 1 year ago

Nice 4years bump lol

#29 1 year ago

I would suggest waiting to see what they come up with before buying any CCr NIB. Buying used (UOB) is much safer these days!

#30 1 year ago

holy ___ 4 year bump. NICE!

#31 1 year ago

I like drunken multiball

#32 1 year ago

GD, didn't notice this was a 4yr old thread. I guess I should have been clued in with Aurich posting. I haven't seen him in awhile. Can people stop doing this; please?

#33 1 year ago

Zombies never die!

#34 1 year ago

4 years later...

#35 1 year ago

I've come back 4 YEARS LATER to admit.......it was ME!! I bought the CC that fine sunny afternoon. Never forget.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside