(Topic ID: 118238)

who still has the first machine they got? (poll)

By ccotenj

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 222 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“do you still have your first?”

• yes 597 votes
    72%
  • no 227 votes
    28%

(824 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-4_(1)_(resized).jpg
out_od_sight_001_(resized).JPG
out_od_sight_003_(resized).JPG
IMG_20140117_141001.jpg
461069_10150663782943710_2095444754_o.jpg
20150215_223811.jpg
IMG_2802.JPG
image-124.jpg
IMG_3845 copy.JPG
image.jpg
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago

Dang! I can't remember if I already posted to this thread. Lol. I do still have the Corvette that I bought back in 2003. Still one of my favorites.

C

#202 8 years ago

Mars god of war bought from an antique store in Va. out in the sticks for 75.00. Still have it. My favorite game. Unfortunately missing the back glass. But sometimes you love your ugliest kid the most!

#203 8 years ago

mine (Bally Galahad) was lost in a building fire where I had it on location.

3 weeks later
#204 8 years ago

Gottlieb Flipper. I've had it since 72.

#205 8 years ago

I still have my Getaway but hasn't been that long. I don't have any special attatchment being the first, though. I don't play it as much anymore but have no reason to sell it. I have way more money into it than it's worth but it is in great shape.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

Gottlieb Flipper. I've had it since 72.

Wow, awesome. I don't have mine anymore. It was a Gottlieb "Hearts and Spades" which I got around 1978, but only had it for maybe three years. My brother still has his "Subway" which he bought from an arcade in 1977.

2 months later
#207 8 years ago

I still have my Swords of Fury bought in 2004,

#208 8 years ago

First game was a Gottlieb 2001. I was in eight grade, saved it from the trash--next door neighbors were just going to chuck it. I think my mom paid their son $50 to carry it to the basement for us. Originally, it was supposed to be a fixer-upper for my dad, but he quickly lost interest and I took on the project. I'll never forget just how terrified I was to prop the playfield up for the first time.

To this day, it remains a very popular game among people who visit. I don't think it'll ever be going anywhere.

#209 8 years ago

Technically I don't, but I do have some games that I have owned for 35 years.

#210 8 years ago

I still own the 1st three I've purchased (TZ, CFTBL, TWDLE) in fact they are the ONLY 3 I have!!!

#211 8 years ago

Time Warp,don't know if I could let go. It keeps inviting friends over that stay. Great fun.
Mike

#212 8 years ago

Still have my Galaxy!! My Wife got this pin for me as a retirement gift on 11-11-11! It was something i've wanted to do for all my life!! Now i have 5 pins,and my Galaxy still whips my ass!!Sometimes !! Not going anywhere either!!!

#213 8 years ago

Pretty sure I'll keep my TZ for life although I'm hoping it'll make a trip to High End Pins at some point in the next few years.

2 months later
#214 7 years ago

I just sold my Gottlieb Out of Sight. Sad to see it go but a fellow pinsider will give it a good home.

out_od_sight_003_(resized).JPGout_od_sight_003_(resized).JPG

out_od_sight_001_(resized).JPGout_od_sight_001_(resized).JPG

#215 7 years ago

Is there a way to change my vote in the poll?

#216 7 years ago

F14 tomcat. Don't see it EVER leaving!!

#217 7 years ago

Kind of unfair for me to answer because I just got my first machine a couple of weeks ago. I still have my Comet , dont plan on ever getting rid of it really.

#218 7 years ago

Still have my Sega Twister after 3 years. I picked it up a week before my wedding. Wife wasn't happy, but she liked the theme. I think our trip to Universal Studios the year before in Florida helped.

#219 7 years ago

I bought my Gorgar in 1988 or so. He needs some TLC, but I hope to get some free time soon so that he's once again exercising his extensive vocabulary by the end of June.

#220 7 years ago

Fish Tales....still the most played

#221 7 years ago

Whirlwind 2 ish yrs ago. Still have it. Won't ever leave except maybe to hep for a redo. But. I got 2 new ramps, a new plastic set, and I'm on the waiting list for the pf rerun so I doubt even that will happen. One of 2 machines I recall playing all the time as a kid - it ain't Goin anywhere.

#222 7 years ago

F-14 Tomcat!
Definate keeper!

#223 7 years ago

I bought a Hook pinball at an auction in 99 on a second date with the girl that became my wife. On the way home, my beat up Cherokee started smoking and I was ready to pull out the pinball machine and roll the Jeep away. Turned out, it was a busted water pump. Long story short, a tow truck towed the Jeep and pinball to a barn in the wilds of Indiana where it stayed for a few days while they fixed it. Tow truck driver drove my wife and I an hour plus to drop us off back home. That was the start of many great adventures that my wife and I have had and the Hook is a memento of that day. Would never get rid of it it. I just shopped it out and love playing it with my little girl.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I bought a Hook pinball at an auction in 99 on a second date with the girl that became my wife. On the way home, my beat up Cherokee started smoking and I was ready to pull out the pinball machine and roll the Jeep away. Turned out, it was a busted water pump. Long story short, a tow truck towed the Jeep and pinball to a barn in the wilds of Indiana where it stayed for a few days while they fixed it. Tow truck driver drove my wife and I an hour plus to drop us off back home. That was the start of many great adventures that my wife and I have had and the Hook is a memento of that day. Would never get rid of it it. I just shopped it out and love playing it with my little girl.

Its not the machine, its the memories that go with it. Love it, I would keep it also.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Your Wife is a real trooper! Many women would consider that date a disaster and you never hear from them again.

#226 7 years ago

BOP was first. Can't ever part with her. "play me"....

#227 7 years ago

My first was BSD, I only paid $800 for it. I miss that machine so much I'll probably spend 3x that to get another one.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Your Wife is a real trooper! Many women would consider that date a disaster and you never hear from them again.

She rocks! A few years ago, I finally convinced her to buy a boat and she insisted that we get a bigger one. I let her pick it out. It's her boat, I just drive it.

#229 7 years ago

I still have my first machine, a Demolition Man. But it might be "cheating" since I've only had it for just over a year.

I'm now in that state of partially wanting to sell or trade it with the intention of "upgrading" to another pin that's worth a bit more (such as a JM, Jack*Bot, or BSD), but also at the same time have become attached to this one with the work I've put into it.

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

If I had the money I would never sell a pin but I have to buy and sell all the time to crawl my way to a good collection on a buget.

Might be time to remove Predator from your wish list...

#231 7 years ago

Geez, of all things didn't know sharing mine would bring a down vote. Thx brother!
To each their own!!

#232 7 years ago

Same title, but I traded up for a nicer one. However, I still have the first machine I bought.

#233 7 years ago

I picked up a Williams IJ back in '98 and still have it.
This one is never leaving!

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Geez, of all things didn't know sharing mine would bring a down vote. Thx brother!
To each their own!!

don't take it personal...a lot of people use their phones to surf pinside and it is easy to accidently up or down vote something

#235 7 years ago

My first was a NIB Simpsons Pinball Party, I miss it a lot :-/

#236 7 years ago

The first pinball machine I bought, and I still have, is a 1982 Haunted House that I bought in 1983. It was only 10 months old when I got it. The Operator I bought it from, at that time, couldn't make any money with it on location. Everyone wanted to put their quarters in the latest sensation: PacMan. I was in the right place at the right time and bought it for only $800. Lots of good memories! It's a keeper!

#237 7 years ago

4 Million BC - my father bought it when I was 2, I am 42 now.

#238 7 years ago

Still have my TAF and TZ back from 2006

#239 7 years ago

Sold my first, The Simpson's Pinball Party from 2006. NIB, not a flaw and an awesome game. Son of DI'DLY

#240 7 years ago

Still have my first one. Pinbot. Iv'e had it since 94. Just watched the movie Big on tv & enjoy seeing Pinbot on it. Also it's so weird that the little boy Billy has the same last name as me Kopecky.

#241 7 years ago

DW - First in.... It will go.... slightly after I go
faz

#242 7 years ago

FIRE! Spring of 1995 after mowing lawns for a year. Still have it, and it's not going anywhere!

#243 7 years ago

Originally started with a Motordome back in college 1988. Hauled it in the back of a Pinto 200 miles. $500. Mind you even then for that day and age the pin sucked. It's odd because in theory it had everything you would want on the checkbox list: multi ball, ramps, millions, skill shot, user selectable skill level. It just all added up to bleh. Glad I gave it up. My latest collection started 5 years ago with a Silver. Despite getting totally hosed because I didn't realize the playfield had been painted (poorly) it's not going away. Way too much money poured into it on repros, money I'll never see back again, but oh well. Waiting for replacement playfield to arrive and then it shall be complete. It's in great condition otherwise.

#244 7 years ago

Chicago Coin Showtime, probably overpaid at $300. Like most other Chicago Coin games, it isn't very good but can't let it go either for the same reasons as most others. Had nowhere to put it, so I SLEPT next to it for a solid few months in my bedroom. Had EM stink BAD and pretty sure it had mold on the bottom. Finally came to my senses and moved it to New Jersey with my arcade machines.

Still have it, now sits taken apart in my garage in the queue to be fixed up. I lost the bonus unit spider I was "working" on, so I am buying a new unit this week actually. Will be cool to replace the whole thing and also have a spare. I also had a burned out reel where the plunger got stuck inside the sleeve so I tried to swap it and all I remember is I swapped it with a player 4 reel with no solder, just twisting the wires around the metal tabs and since one of the coil connections pulled too hard with no solder and kept falling off I put a jumper to extend the wire. Can't wait to fix it up! Previous owner incorrectly said not to tip them over either so my family and I had to squeeze it into the house and through very tiny hallways and door ways with the legs on by hand and set it down often. Total HELL.

Talk about an awful playfield layout, though (picture from IPDB):

image-4_(1)_(resized).jpgimage-4_(1)_(resized).jpg

#245 7 years ago

If I would have kept my first pin, BTTF, I'd no longer be involved in pinball. That game got boring quickly and finally sat for a long time. Was nice to look at, but boring to play much. One day I thought--there has to be a better playing pinball machine than this. Went to the PHoF, played a bunch of games, got fired up and found a beautiful CFTBL. Sold the BTTF, and was off to the races.

In hindsight, I might have been better off keeping my first game...would not have become addicted.

#246 7 years ago

72% of you still have the first game you ever bought.....I'm actually shocked. Mine is long gone....although it did stick around about 9 years.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

My first was BSD, I only paid $800 for it. I miss that machine so much I'll probably spend 3x that to get another one.

I've only been collecting since march 2015, but BSD is my first and I have no foreseeable intention to part with it thus far. The perfect machine IMO.

#248 7 years ago

Still have our Royal Flush Deluxe.
One of the best EM to Solid State conversions ever in my opinion.
Had no clue how awesome it was when we got it but it's layout and gameplay is just stupid fun.
It will never be sold.

#249 7 years ago

My first pin was a Gorgar. Bought and sold 4 more of them but still have my first one.

#250 7 years ago

Still have #1, BK, bought in 1990.
Still have #s 2 through 5 as well.

#6 is gone, but that wasn't until I was up to 25!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 22.50
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-still-has-the-first-machine-they-got-poll/page/5?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.