(Topic ID: 118238)

who still has the first machine they got? (poll)

By ccotenj

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 254 posts
  • 222 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darcy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“do you still have your first?”

• yes 597 votes
    72%
  • no 227 votes
    28%

(824 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-4_(1)_(resized).jpg
out_od_sight_001_(resized).JPG
out_od_sight_003_(resized).JPG
IMG_20140117_141001.jpg
461069_10150663782943710_2095444754_o.jpg
20150215_223811.jpg
IMG_2802.JPG
image-124.jpg
IMG_3845 copy.JPG
image.jpg
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 9 years ago

My husband and I bought TFTC as our first machine in 2008 and it got delivered to our house on the day we got married It will never leave our collection... I freaking love that machine!

#102 9 years ago

Guilty lol 1985 Sorcerer and the g/f owned it when we started dating 13 eons ago lmao It was funny she invited me by and I was impressed then I turned the machine on and it's been downhill ever since..
jk machine had a flipper link broken and a few other issues, to this day we love to play this thing still have a couple things to fix one display bad and some typical wear on pf for this era machine working on buying a second for it's pf

A few months ago I was busy working and g/f calls honey one of my customers has a playboy machine we can have it if you go get it! I said sure ask her if tomorrow is ok as it was local to Rich Va. They told her it was broken and needed a technician to replace a board bad and didn't want to put any money in it. So's anywho I roll up with a bud and walk in and wth its a Bally Strikes and Spares guess the broad on the translite confused her lol.. I said yea it's probly just a fuse HAHA Turns out the machine was in great shape took it too my sis's house in Md. and put it in her basement and had it working later that night just a couple bad connections....

#103 9 years ago

I still have Trident, which was 1 of the 3 I bought.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

JP = Sold it after 5 years. Bought sold 50+ games and then BAM, random CL ad, responded and talked with the guy. It was my old game!!! Bought it back, glued to the floor now!

i love these "incredible journey" stories where a machine finds its way home again...

#105 9 years ago

Yeah, reading how some people get their 1st pins back has inspired me to try and get my Judge Dredd back. Sold it and regret it....

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Yeah, reading how some people get their 1st pins back has inspired me to try and get my Judge Dredd back. Sold it and regret it....

at least one guy in em land has re-united the head and the cabinet of a machine, completely unintentionally... got each piece from 2 unrelated locations... that was cool...

#107 9 years ago

Still have the first machine that I got about 20 years ago. It was a Haunted House in really good condition. It did not cost me anything so it will probably never leave my possesion.

#108 9 years ago

Gottlieb "Soccer" Bought it partially working. Scoring was a mess, gate didn't work and the back glass balls would get stuck. It taught me the love of the mechanics. Fixed it, hot tapped it, LEDs, still play it regularly. I would recommend picking one up if you want an EM cause they are pretty cheap and it is a great game.

#109 9 years ago

Still have my Black Jack I got from a neighbor about ten years ago. I'm going to do a complete restore on it. mike

#110 9 years ago

bought it sold it bought it back forever here now

#111 9 years ago

The wife bought a mint DiamondPlate Diner in 1991 delivered for 1000.Can't say I really miss it as I bought WW,FH and BK2K soon after.

#112 9 years ago

I'm lucky enough to have LOTR as my first pin! No way that's every leaving the basement...

#113 9 years ago

NIB SM....still have it and not planning on selling it

#114 9 years ago

Gottlieb's OUT OF SIGHT. Had all the score cards, and schematics. Came off Craigslist $300.00 was working but needed to be fully shopped. Rubber rings were brittle. Had been neglected for many years.

#115 9 years ago

F14 still here, never leaving! Unless it's another F14....Yagov rules

#116 9 years ago

Surf Champ for me

#117 9 years ago

Flash. Hell yeah I'm keeping it, it cost freakin' $1400 in 2002. Acid damaged, water damaged, sharpie touch ups, wire bundles visible through the backglass...the whole nine yards! I still love her like the day I got her, AND she's a valuable lesson in why buying retail is just an idiot move all around

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

I'm lucky enough to have LOTR as my first pin! No way that's every leaving the basement...

That was my second pin and still in the collection!

#119 9 years ago

Met pro nib was my first. Never leaving the house

#120 9 years ago

Two years ago this month I bought my first pin, Super-Flite. Still have it, still going strong.

#121 9 years ago

Avatar. I bought it brand new on an Amazon Lightning deal 46 months ago and we have put 5200 plays on it. I cannot imagine selling it. Ever.

#122 9 years ago

I still have my first dmd pin that I bought back in 1997, star trek next gen. Bought it from the original owner who had it in storage since new, so pretty much huo as far as I know.

#123 9 years ago

Considering the house I grew up in was literally on track property, and I could hear Tom Carnegie from my backyard the whole month of May, nah,...I'm gonna be buried in my I500.

#124 9 years ago

No Fear...went bye bye, I made $400 off it and it never needed a repair

#125 9 years ago

I still have my first, a Cyclone. Not ashamed in the least.

#126 9 years ago

IJ - had it since 2001 and I'll be buried in it

#127 9 years ago

I bought two at the same time: LW3 and WCS94. I sold the WCS to my friend but still have LW3.

#128 9 years ago

Fish Tales 2 years ago and was going to restore it to as good as new and keep it forever.....then I sold my snooker table and the guy who bought it saw my pins (FT, JD & DM) and bought all three at the same time. I thought it would free me up to buy a NIB LOTRVE that's going to be announced any day now.....

Now just left dreaming of a NIB VE.....

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Dr. Who, still there.

Yup, same here. I opened my DW NIB in 1992...still got it.

#130 9 years ago

I still own every pinball machine i have and have thought about selling some of them but i know Taxi (my first pinball) will never leave my collection.

#131 9 years ago

My first pin was a POS Comet about 9 years ago. Comet is a fun game but this was one barely worked and had many parts from other games in it. I would definitely own the game again, just a better one.

#132 9 years ago

Yes I still have my first but then.... I have only been in the hobby for 10 months

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Yes I still have my first but then.... I have only been in the hobby for 10 months

That is one heck of a nice collection after just ten months. Nice work sir!

#134 9 years ago

First pin? CC Astronaut. I was fixing a guy's intercom in his house and it was sitting in the basement. He offered to sell it and I loaded it up. Hauled it up to my 2nd floor apartment by myself and had it running by morning. Still have it and it's not going anywhere. You gotta have at least one Em with actual bells in it. Awesome sound!

#135 9 years ago

First. Riverboat Gambler.

I was an arcade kid with about 4-6 machines in my apartment. Went to an auction with my boss and said "what the heck". I'll buy a pin.......sold all the arcades shortly after that and never looked back.

Still have it. Diamond plate and in really nice condition. It will leave when I leave the hobby.

Chris

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

at least one guy in em land has re-united the head and the cabinet of a machine, completely unintentionally... got each piece from 2 unrelated locations... that was cool...

This happened out here in California recently. A Bally Vampire. The head and body eventually found their way back together again and now reside at the Banning Arcade Expo facility.

#137 9 years ago

I bought my first pin, T2, before I had any idea what I liked (seems to be a popular choice). I don't like the gameplay very much, the only reason I still have it is that it has a minor switch problem I've been too busy with other projects to fix. I've been putting off selling it for like a year now I need to sell it to the next new guy who cares more about theme than gameplay.

Much easier to buy games I know will stick around when you know what you like.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That is one heck of a nice collection after just ten months. Nice work sir!

Thanks Much ! I am totally addicted its an absolute obsession

#139 9 years ago

Nope... I finally traded off my prized IJ last year. It was in great shape and cost a whopping 1500 over 15 years ago. Had only a couple minor issues with it and got thousands of games on it (and I never could beat my high score from 2001)

#140 9 years ago

I think it would be worthwhile to see how long respondents have been collecting. The hobby, as we know, has grown substantially in recent years, and Pinside likewise. I'd be curious to see if the old-timers (15+ years, about the time when Pinball first died) still have their first.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Nope... I finally traded off my prized IJ last year. It was in great shape and cost a whopping 1500 over 15 years ago. Had only a couple minor issues with it and got thousands of games on it (and I never could beat my high score from 2001)

Bingo, excellent timing...

#142 9 years ago

Bought Road Show first. Still have it. But it's only been 4 months.

#143 9 years ago

O yeah, CFTBL started the madness for me 10 + years ago... Never sell that one, but some others have come and gone.

#144 9 years ago

Lol, no way. Mouse infested grand slam. Sold it on ebay for 76 dollars. Used that 76 dollars to buy a soda and 4 machines ( Zig Zag, Klondike, Star(some woodrail?) and a counterforce (Working). I havent held on to 90 percent of my games longer than 6 months.

#145 9 years ago

Funhouse was my first. It was given to me for free by a local nonprofit that did not have the room/use for it. They also said that by giving it to me then maybe I would finally begin to pay attention during meetings rather than just staring at the Funhouse. I have been on the fence about selling it for some time now. But as most of you know, there is something about it being my first pin. It will be at the Texas Pinball Festival possibly for sale but definitely for Free Play. We will see which side of the fence I am on that weekend.

#146 9 years ago

SM$M was my first. My story is about it.. my avatar. Only way I see it leaving is if I find a much nicer one priced right. Even then, it would be hard.

#147 9 years ago

SpeakEasy-4 gift from my wife in 1985 so 30 years ago (OMG!!!)

Still here, she told me a few times to let it go and get a other for the spot, can't do it ... for sentimental reasons

#148 9 years ago

Dirty Harry! ...first to come in and last to go!

#149 9 years ago

Bally Op-Pop-Pop. Parents bought it in the mid 70's and gave it to me for Christmas about 18-20 years ago so been in the family about 40 years.

#150 9 years ago

first pinball was No Fear, still have it and no plans to get rid of anytime soon.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 22.50
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-still-has-the-first-machine-they-got-poll/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.