(Topic ID: 199436)

Who ships to Europe?

By bonedoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hello! I have a Pinball sold to a guy in France. I have it packaged and on a pallet, but he is having trouble finding a shipper.

I'm going from Kansas to France.

FedEx said it was $2000. Ouch! Any recommendations?

#3 6 years ago

Hi, I guess GEFCO "global and international logistics" could do this a bit cheaper.

USA Office
    [email protected]

France Office
    Phone 789 791 464

Just a idea...

Cheers

#4 6 years ago

Wow, i have shipped cars for far less...

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from cudabee:

Wow, i have shipped cars for far less...

cars go sea.. fedex is air

#6 6 years ago

Any decent international freight forwarder will be able to do it for a better base shipping price than that. Your only hurdle in terms of added costs will be your current location in KS so either your buyer or you will have to find one that will take that into consideration.

Best option is start contacting some of the larger freight forwarders who have branch offices outside of the East/West coasts and near to you and go from there.

FYI - for shipping quote purposes one palleted pinball machine with legs off and standing vertically equals one cubic metre.

#7 6 years ago

well im guessing your airfreighting it so do a google search of freight companies based at your nearest airport and call them one by one. should be able to halve the fedex quote atleast!

#8 6 years ago

Once I asked for a quote to bring a machine from the US and it was 500 euros. But it was a local company.
    That should be your best shot. Local curriers work with all of them to move the items around the world.
    If you go to a major one they just charge the shipping from point A to point B that they do themselves using their routes. A local currier works the logistics to move the item from point A to point C, then C to D, D to E etc till it gets to point B. With this they can do a much better price because no special trip is needed for every item.

This story was from about 4 years ago. So expect nothing less than 500 or more euros.

#9 6 years ago

Have them contact Kuehne + Nagel and arrange the shipping from their end. They are worldwide with HQ in Germany. They have a location near KC.

I have shipped two pins to Europe with them. They will need weight and dimensions from you.

#10 6 years ago

..also, when shipping to europe the sender will usually have to front the import fees into the EU. (someone will have to pay it regardless but the freight company usually insists on having every base covered so to speak)

Also be aware it is VERY difficult to get any kind of money out of a potential damamge claim with the freight company istelf, they are highly protected and usually any insurance is covered by a 3rd party insurance company.

#11 6 years ago

I do. Contact me in PM.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-ships-to-europe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.