2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0499(1) (resized).JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hi Guys:

Inquiring for a friend who has a pin that already has the plastic leg protectors but some decal wrinkle is still showing.

I seem to remember that someone makes leg protectors that are slightly larger than the regular protectors, to cover this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 2 years ago

To stop it you'd need the metal ones I believe. The bigger ones would likely only make it worse again except up higher.

#3 2 years ago

Buy the metal ones, and if you like the plastic color/style add those over the top. Some suggest cutting decal around the metal ones. Had this setup on mine for a few months and no issues and looks great. Here is a pic for reference.

Pinball Life carries both protector types.

IMG_0688.JPG

#4 2 years ago

I have the metal ones, ala Stern, on a game and when I added the plastic ones (sinastra by Pincab Protectors) they cracked along the bend. So I wouldn't tell someone to arbitrarily add the plastic ones over the metal ones.

#5 2 years ago

Thank you guys....

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from fordtudoor:

I have the metal ones, ala Stern, on a game and when I added the plastic ones (sinastra by Pincab Protectors) they cracked along the bend. So I wouldn't tell someone to arbitrarily add the plastic ones over the metal ones.

Not arbitrary, and has been discussed in several topics around here with numerous success stories (same way also that MustangPaul's leg light mod works). Yours is the first time I've heard of any issues having plastics over the metals, so I don't know how common that is. Not saying you are wrong or your experience is unique, just saying that I researched it thoroughly here on Pinside before I did it and many are doing it without issue.

Just to clarify, rogerdodger, if you have cabinet decals you must use the metal protectors or your decals will bubble - do not just use the plastics (FYI, metal goes on first up against the cabinet then plastic over that, then leg on top of that). Optionally, if you like the appearance, you may add the plastics on top (albeit, fordtudoor did have an issue). I already had the red plastics and liked the look, so I added them back into the mix after I applied the new decals and metal protectors on my Getaway.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not arbitrary, and has been discussed in several topics around here with numerous success stories (same way also that MustangPaul's leg light mod works). Yours is the first time I've heard of any issues having plastics over the metals, so I don't know how common that is. Not saying you are wrong or your experience is unique, just saying that I researched it thoroughly here on Pinside before I did it and many are doing it without issue.
    Just to clarify, rogerdodger, if you have cabinet decals you must use the metal protectors or your decals will bubble - do not just use the plastics (FYI, metal goes on first up against the cabinet then plastic over that, then leg on top of that). Optionally, if you like the appearance, you may add the plastics on top (albeit, fordtudoor did have an issue). I already had the red plastics and liked the look, so I added them back into the mix after I applied the new decals and metal protectors on my Getaway.

Yup. I have had my Leg Light-Up plastic protectors over both the small metal and plastic protectors on my games at home for a couple of years now and not a single one of them has cracked.

IMG_0499(1) (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 109.99
    $ 199.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 174.99
    $ 4.95
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 209.99
    $ 100.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pin Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside