Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Just got yet another "complete" rubber kit and taking the 2 I have now I still can't finish off a game. So...who out there truly sells a complete kit that I can pick up instead of piecing it together?

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

The Titan pinball kit database should be pretty good as its submitted by owners. I can attest that the Big Game kit and the EBD kits are accurate. Haha

#3 7 years ago

Who did you buy from? On the occasion I bougt kits that were wrong, the vendors always made it right. Have you contacted them at all?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Titan pinball kit database should be pretty good as its submitted by owners. I can attest that the Big Game kit and the EBD kits are accurate. Haha

Wrong, I bought TWD kit from Titan and it wasent even close to being close to correct.

#5 7 years ago

Buy these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=625
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=486

Then buy the rubber kit for the game you need it for, you should be good for a while.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Wrong, I bought TWD kit from Titan and it wasent even close to being close to correct.

That's a shame. Did you edit the kit in the comments?

#7 7 years ago

Closest/best to factory RR sets I've seen were from Steve @ The Pinball Resource

#8 7 years ago

Some games have the wrong rubbers listed or are incomplete in the manual. Getaway quickly comes to mind. Most venders start with the rubber list from those manuals.

#9 7 years ago

Some games don't always have the correct posts installed, so an "official" rubber kit might not match your particular game.

While kits are an easy purchase, It's usually best to take the time to look at the rubbers in your playfield diagram, look at your actual playfield to see if they match (because of errors, missing rubbers, alternations from mods, and/or differences on your playfield), make a list of what you need, then also order a few extras in case you miscount or unexpectedly break some.

Rubbers are pretty cheap, and there's really only a handful of different sizes.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

That's a shame. Did you edit the kit in the comments?

I was asked to by Titan but last time I checked I've allready got a job.
    The Titan rings are awsome but the way the kits are set up is not Awsome at all.

#11 7 years ago

I have always gotten good results from Pinball resource kits. It's also a good idea to stock up on common sizes just to be safe. They are cheap enough and I buy 10 or 20 extras of each size to have on hand. Nothing sucks more than having a game apart and not being able to finish when you have incorrect or missing rubbers.

#12 7 years ago

I've had issues with Titan but they made it right by me both times.
    1 - bought an ebd kit. Was missing a ring. They sent me the missing ring
    2 - bought a taxi kit. The 5" ring wasn't sent. I checked and it's listed in the kit. However I found they don't sell a 5" ring. When adding the kit to the cart, the 5" dosent get added. I contacted them and they said that the kit should have a note on it. They sent me a 4.5" ring to try however it was too small.

#13 7 years ago

I usually buy kits the first time around from Action Pinball in Salt Lake City Utah. Always complete and the playfield map with letter coded location is great. I file the sheets away for next time and then just put a kit together using pinball life rubber there after.

#14 7 years ago

Just buy a bunch of different sizes and do it yourself. I cant remember the last time I bought a "kit".

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#15 7 years ago

Im with KMS and John. Ive bought kits from Action and have never been shorted. If you have a manual it should show you where and what rubbers to use. Now i just keep several different sizes and rarely buy kits anymore.

#16 7 years ago

Sometimes the manual lists the wrong size.

Oftentimes the manual skips the small post bumpers altogether.

Sometimes an early game in a run will be slightly different than at the end of a run (like F14).

Flipper rubbers, slingshots and small post donuts will always wear out faster than the rest of the kit, so you need to always order extras of those.

Rotate your flipper rubbers monthly so the tips don't wear through.

#17 7 years ago

I have bought several kits from different vendors, not one was ever right. I just started keeping all rubber sizes on hand and never have a problem again.

#18 7 years ago

On a related note, what are the rubber sizes used for metal posts and star posts? I need to order those by the handfull

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Buy these:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=625
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=486
    Then buy the rubber kit for the game you need it for, you should be good for a while.

Those have to be the worst quality traditional rubbers I have ever bought.

#20 7 years ago

I put the TWD kit together on Titans website, took it straight from Sterns manual.

#21 7 years ago

I've never had a problem. If I got a bad batch I'd email Terry and I'm sure he would have taken care of it.

Quoted from o-din:

Those have to be the worst quality traditional rubbers I have ever bought.

#22 7 years ago

No need. If I'm going to the trouble to re-rubber a game, I'm going with quality. I can get that from PBResource and Marco. PBL's rubbers just don't cut it. I've thrown out whatever I had left. I wouldn't recommend them to anybody.

If a white rubber leaves white residue on your fingertips, something is not right. There is a reason they are the cheapest.

#23 7 years ago

pinball centre in Germany, awesome stuff they sell too! expensive though $$$$$$$$$$$$$

#24 7 years ago

I've used 2 kits from PatelRock Pinball on Ebay, Baywatch and PotC. Both came complete and I had no complaints.

#25 7 years ago

I bought two different kits from Marco's and didn't have an issue. Maybe try them?

#26 7 years ago

I've bought quite a few kits from Marcos and only had a couple of discrepancies. They're happy to send out correct parts when this happens, and I order some in bulk (shooter tips, especially) to have on hand or make corrections. Sometimes you need to make adjustments to make a game play right or oddities such as doubling up to prevent a stuck ball somewhere. The kits make for a reasonable starting point, and extra parts around are always a plus.

#27 7 years ago

I just ordered a bunch of rubbers from Marco. They are my go to place as the quality is very consistant. One time they sent some PL rubbers instead and told me they do that when they are out of their PRW house brand. Now I include a note saying if they are out of their own brand of any sizes don't send them and I will get them next time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-sells-a-true-complete-rubber-kit?hl=oldspice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.