Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 385 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2013_No._1_113.JPG
    june_2012_019.JPG
    20130422_182132.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Facebook_13-03-13_IAGS.jpg
    image.jpg
    Pins_and_needles.jpg
    janine_pinball2.jpg
    charcoal_grills_1.jpg
    563338_10200289562577044_891447587_n.jpg
    2_13_F.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmolly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

Now, now. Don't compare me to Jeri! She's smart; I'm just nuts. Haha, they only keep shooting PNN videos because I'm in LA, but I put a moratorium on them for a while. They're shooting one more thing about our rad League, but no more Molly vids.

#21 11 years ago

As long as I can refill my gallon jug of Novus2 afterwards, I'm in; it's Jeri who will need convincing. And I'm sure she gets tired of being solicited for nerdpervery!

Just to revert to the main topic for a second: 3 out of the top 5 players in the LA Pinball League are female.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hey Molly, I'll be in LA in March. I will most definitely be heading over. Hopefully you will be open when I am available (stupid work). Looking forward to playing that embryon! Its on my list!

Cool, my email is [email protected]; if my hours don't suit your schedule, we can set up a little something something.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

But Molly is a player. If they went head to head in a tournament, it would be a slaughter. Not even close. Molly by a mile. If Jeri works on her playing skills, some day she too could have all the tools. d
    In truth, I look forward to seeing both at shows. Ladies or not, both are rock stars in the hobby IMO. Them being chicks is just a bonus.

Phish, you're the best! I dunno, I'm pretty shit-deep in maintenance these days, my skills seem to have gone the way of the dodo!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

What happened to the Star Trek?
    Would have offered you a trade for my Silverball Mania!

While that's a trade I'd love to make, the ST belonged to the family of my buddy Talls. We got it going and enjoyed the heck out of it, it eventually made its way back to Thousand Oaks. Perhaps I cold interest you in one or two of my project Firepowers, haha, or my Stern Magic!

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I like this one even better.
    » Vimeo video

Ack! When this video came out that Frank Fuhrter "gentleman" made fun of it so bad that I didn't look at the forums for years! I try to maintain a tough guy exterior, but I'm a sensitive one!

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from mechslave:

Molly rocks!
    I always wondered what the story was of the girl dressed like a hot adult Punky Brewster abusing the BBH (physically and verbally) in the RMPS tourney next to me.

If "dressed like a hot adult Punky Brewster" wasn't meant to be a compliment, too bad! I'm taking it as one!

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Btw, frank fuhrter is the king of the trolls...

I always thought it'd be a real classy move to get a tramp stamp of the MM trolls, so if you bent over to pick something up, the trolls would pop up outta your pants!

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

My wife plays pinball too as well as my kids.... shame some peoples wives dont
    I can tell allot about Molly just from watching those videos. Its not the fact that she says vagina its the fact that it just rolls right off the tongue. "Yeah this is the biggest Vag in pinball" lol awesome.

Feel real bad for my fellow pinheads who have a significant other who gives them the business for loving pinball. I shifted from dating an even-more-intense pinball lover to a "pinball tolerator" and it was a pretty smooth crossover, but I hear all these horror stories: "I found a Fathom for $250 but my spouse wouldn't let me" type things and...yeah I could just never do that.

My sister is a midwife, so I'm used to throwing the lady-bit terms around. She's correct in her assertion that what's meant was "vulva", though. Biggest vulva in the game!

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

HI Molly
    Your Shirt, Rosies in Somerset Pa?

WOW, good eye! Rose's Continental Lounge in Somerset indeed (m'home town). A real classy joint out on Route 219!

#75 11 years ago

Ah yes, Pinball Donut Girl! Featuring Mike Scheiss (swoon) AND Jeri Ellsworth (swoon). I can't say the preview looks all that good but let's hope for the best! Haha, what if backglasses were actually made of that 1/8" untempered stuff, ouch.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

They have pinballs? I live in Greensburg and frequent Somerset. You must be a
    Steelers fan!

Born and raised, yinz know it, I bleed black and gold! Rose's became dive bar after dive bar after dive bar. Each time new management came in they'd do a crappy interior & exterior remodel, adding a new layer of cheap construction material, so when it finally burned down, it went pwoom-pwoom-pwoom-pwoom-pwoom-pwoom-pwoom. It exploded layer by layer! No pins there!

Bowling alley has a couple, but we used to hop the fence to get to the turnpike rest areas; that was the best pin-fix in town. If it isn't clear, I'm very classy and fancy!

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

I would love to see that pinball collection in person. When I saw you give your pin the double middle finger move, I knew this chick meant business!

If you're ever in LA c'mon by! See the famous live double bird! I gave out a couple of 'em last night at League. One for Mystic, one for Laser War.

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

But Frank has not been around for "years". He is a recent addition to RGP. We have had many like him over the years but it is just a fly in the game room. Buzzes for a while and goes away.

Hmm, well, whenever that Passenger video came out I was roundly blasted about it, manly by him. Thought that was a couple years ago. Since everyone and their brother here in LA needs a spot to shoot short documentaries, PNN gets a little too much camera time methinks! I absolutely can't stand being on camera, but I also don't like to be a poor sport, so I now have a whole mess of these videos to be skewered about in public, yaaaaaay!

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinij93:

Will you be giving out signed pictures for your fans.

Hahaha, "fans"...I could do signatures for all my fans without even picking up a pen! My social skills are a little wobbly let's just say.

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Molly you are a Goddess

This is as far from the truth as a Black Rose flipper is from Broadside!

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Interesting mix of pins from 60's/70's/80's/90's in PinballMolly's collection.
    A few things I noticed from checking out some of these pins on ipdb:
    * '65 Gtb Bank-A-Ball, 1st pin produced w/ flipper return inlanes.
    * '66 Gtb Cross Town, has backbox animation, and last Gottlieb w/ manual ball lift mechanism
    * '66 Bly Bazaar, 1st pin w/ zipper flippers
    * '80 Wms Firepower, 1st electronic pin w/ multi-ball, & 1st multi-ball multi-player
    * '80 Wms Alien Poker, implemented "smart" drop targets into gameplay
    * '81 Bly Centaur, ahead of its time w/ cool artwork, 5-ball multi-ball in 1981
    * '85 Gtb Tag Team Pinball, 1st pin w/ team scoring
    * '86 Gtb Hollywood Heat, 1st pin w/ 8-digit scoring
    * '86 Gtb Genesis, 1st pin that I know of that had purple ramps + robot/regenerator + a half dressed short-guy sidekick party dude on the backglass {Ha!, what's up w/ that?}
    * '87 Data East Laser War, 1st pin by Data East, 1st pin w/ stereo sound
    * '90 Wms Rollergames, has a 2-stage kick-back along left side
    Honorable mention for the cool backglass artwork on Mustang & Mystic

This was fascinating! Honestly didn't know that about Bank a Ball! Flash was the first Ritchie "figure 8" I believe, and to add to your Firepower notes, FP had the first changeable rollovers. Can't help ya make sense of the Genesis art package though, ha.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Molly, is that you Ive seen at PAPA? Mostly in motion (when not playing a pin) wearing black T, black jeans and black glasses? Nelson

Probably, I go to PAPA every year and I have been attending Pinburgh since it was Cupids & Canines! Only 8 seats left at Pinburgh 2013, I heard. Anyway Nelson I'll try and spice up the ol' duds some more this year!

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Look Molly, we have no choice, we can't stop making short documentaries. If we do, what will we do with all the hipster band songs coming out? Without short documentaries, there's no market for sentimental music with whistling and ukuleles. I'd hate to put all those bands out on the street, I mean, with their neckbeards and tattoos, I hardly think they could find gainful employment.

Ooh, you don't like hipsters, do ya. I like them! They're always laughing and they ain't afraid to dress sorta stupid, plus they seem to stuff a lotta quarters into their skinny jeans. I have a neck tattoo and I've worked full time with it for years; I don't think anyone has ever said a thing! I support the documentary scene! Hence the fact that there are like eight of these vids, haha. No one even busted out the OBEY one or the one from KCET!

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, I'll see you there and introduce myself. I'll still be looking for the young, female, johnnycash/buddyholly/onlycuter player.

Please say hi! I'll be running around with m'little tool cart again!

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Hehe, I like everyone. Celebrate who you are, and all. Just poking fun at indie documentaries (of which I seem to watch a lot of!) and ukulele music. All in jest, hence the original smiley

Let's be clear here, I was just razzing you, too; I simply don't know how to type those handy emoticons! Also Pins and Needles is situated in a music rehearsal/lockout building that hosts over 200 bands in the hipsteriest neighborhood on the west coast...just standing up for my peeps! I'm to old to be hip, so I'm a "flipster".

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Somerset, eh? I once received a speeding ticket on the Pa Turnpike (America's First Superhighway) and drove back to Somerset to fight it in 1982 or so. Magistrate & Attorney at Law Jon A. Barkman IIRC.
    "Radar for your Protection" my eye! I beat the ticket and the receptionist/clerk cut me check giving my money back. I can't drive 55!

Woah! Jon Barkman! Sounds about right. Yup, some nasty speed traps in the Laurel Highlands, I didn't always have your good luck in traffic court, either!

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

PinballMolly , Cool collection of Pinball's you have . It did make me Cringe when the Lock down bar was laid on the bare Glass .. Get you a Towel ,, Scratches suck & Glass isn't to cheap ..
    Do the Biker's across the street come over ? I would !!

I did that in the video? Eesh, sorry, that's a no-no. There are at least fifty towels around there but I have my lazy moments and bad habits, no sense denying it!

Yes, of course the bikers come over! There are those guys across the street, and then the Cretins motorcycle club rolls in a lot. Pretty sweet when a whole mess of bikers arrive at once, haha, turns a few heads. Good people!

#138 11 years ago

I'll bite...huh?

#143 11 years ago

I'm admittedly a little dim.

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

I'm surprised no one has proposed to Molly yet. Great gams, btw.

I ain't the weddin' type. I married pinball, haha.

Quoted from mickthepin:

I Know some people with the last name Atkinson here in Australia. If your into ancestry you might find some of your mob came out here....but I spose its a pretty common name.

I am a full-blooded Appalachian mutt Atkinson; I truthfully don't know where the rest of us ended up. Perhaps there are some down-under Molly Atkinsons, merrily flipping away! Wouldn't that be something.

Quoted from RGR:

Molly what are the chances of coming over prior to Pinburgh??? Lol great video btw!!
    lololololol

You want to come to PNN pre-Pinburgh, I say do it up! I go over there early though; I'm going to tech games for the Circuit Finals thingamajig they have before the big event.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Hey Molls (if I may), this is one of my all-time favorite pins.
    Play it every day!
    It sits alongside my Silverball Mania, and my beloved Gulfstream.
    Hope you still have it, I think it's a great pin.

I prefer to be called Molls by my chums, so call me Molls! Sadly I sold the Super Star when I was a bit hard up. Super Star and a Bally Knockout, $600 for the pair fully working. Bummed about the SS; I saw a guy selling an EM on craigslist and in his pics you could see just the tiniest corner of a Super Star...I was willing to buy whatever POS he was selling if I could talk him into the Star too, but no dice.

#163 11 years ago

Well, that's too bad that women don't play more where you guys are. It seems to me like there are so many women at the events, tourneys, expos, etc; I know female techs, operators, and collectors, and I have many nights at PNN where the crowd is more female than male. I guess a few decades of female objectification in the artwork packages, while generally amusing, ended up leaving a lot of women disinterested! As a female who has been in the hobby for a while now, I get a little tired of having my gender pointed out constantly; I know I'm a woman...I don't see why that has to come up in half the pinball conversations I have.

It's just strange to me that this is even a topic. Women play pinball all over, and kick ass at it. A lot of women do great things in/for the hobby despite the fact that it's historically a boys' club, and most of these chicks have a lot more to offer than just "being female"...so ignore the gender thing! But then again, I clearly don't have any "common sense", haha.

#169 11 years ago

The conversation that will never die!

There's good Rush and there's reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllly bad, grating Rush. I play drums so, I mean, ya gotta at least respect Neil. Ew, NEO, Dire Straits? Haha, ugh. Poison? Kiss? That's some of my least favorite music.

At PNN it's mainly Steely Dan, Sade, Ween, Curtis Mayfield, and Loretta Lynn, crooning away. My musical tastes are even worse than my bizarro pin tastes!

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if part of it relates to the industry ?
    You don't see many women in the coin op industry. Manufacturing, distributing, or operating.
    But when you do, they are usually very special. Very talented. Very gifted.
    This probably spills into pinball as we know it. Collecting, shows, tournaments.
    And their numbers keep growing.
    Not so much because they are female. But because so many of them are great people.
    LTG : )

Lloyd, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the industry. The games were almost never designed to attract women. There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men? I'm thinking zero. So the manufacturers only wanted half of the population's quarters!

Lots of things have changed though, and most women are comfortable just giggling at the artwork and focusing on the flips. If people want t make a big fuss about my gender, or looks or whatever....uhhh, okay. Totally boring though, let's talk about how I can do a full teardown, shop out, and rebuild on a Whitewater in under six hours! Then get 8.2 billion on it!

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what's wrong with Dire Straits? Brothers in Arms is one of the best albums ever made (not including greatest hits). Phenomenal from start to finish.

I was just goofin' you; I just don't really care for DS, but that record is decent.

It's okay to have different taste, folks! Guess what, I HATE the look of LEDs, I find most of the A titles to be EXTREMELY boring at this point, and I think clear coating playfields makes them suck! And people get SO mad at me that they cant even have a discussion about how it's okay to prefer Flash Gordon to, say, LOTR...it's just a matter of taste! It's so subjective, yet so many of us get all bent out of shape about it.

#179 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Truth be told it is a double standard.

You could design your own....

Um, go into a little more detail about how this is a double standard situation?

I'm not an engineer or a designer, so I don't have any plans to make my own game. Dreams yes, plans no. It's 30-40 years later and facts are facts; I'm not trying to rewrite history, here. Man, Margaret Hudson must've put up with so much crap!

#188 11 years ago

I had fun in A last year! Last place, bitches! I got to brush elbows with some of the top players in the world, Pangea!

#189 11 years ago

Redacted, don't know how to use internet

#190 11 years ago

Here ya go! Four player game, I was player 1. Took an hour & 45 minutes. 7 Wet Willies and four double vacation jackpots. BEA is my beloved departed cat, best cat ever; I reserve the initials for my whoppingest games!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#192 11 years ago

Always liked it, started collecting about ten or eleven years ago.

#200 11 years ago

Why are y'all saying it's upside down? It's right side up on both my computer and phone.

#202 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

It is until you click on the photo.

Ahh, interesting. So...dude's suggesting it didn't happen? Cool. Let me know if ya need witnesses, I had at least five!

#204 11 years ago

Like I said, it looks right to me; sorry that has you so bothered, bud!

#216 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

girls come to pinside...
    this is what it reminds me of
    http://imgur.com/AfMqN

Isn't this the dude who made the Skittles machine from a trashed Flash?

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

You should come to the SF league. (sfpins.org) There's some girls there.

Many, MANY fine fair females in the Bay Area pin scene! Johnny you do a good job up there with your pinball events!

#219 11 years ago
    Quoted from nhm:

That's Nathan Barnett, he does many characters including "Keith Apicary" who will soon have his own cable show. I don't think he made the Skittles Machine, one of his characters was a "spokesperson" for Skittles.

Haha, I know. He lives here. Actually he just sold us a bunch of his games. Was really hopin' for that Skittles!

#226 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Embryon is my new favorite game I did not know they had vagina's in pinball.
    Cracked me up one of the best lines in the video IMHO.
    Welcome to pinside Molly.

I love love LOVE me some Embryon. The only bad thing about Embryon is that is makes Space Invaders seem like a total snooze!

#228 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

If embryon has a vagina, what game has a penis?....

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4539&picno=6242

Well, there's Herb's tremendously classy effort, of course....

#231 11 years ago

Someone had a BD backglass on display at PPE this year, though it was covered up by a jacket within approximately three minutes. Dodgy, indeed!

#236 11 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

That was Gene's. He had it at CAX too. Will probably make another appearance if he comes to CAX this year. I've seen you at the shows Molly, and you seem totally cool. If you'll be at CAX this year, I'll say Hi! this time.
    On a somewhat OT note, a friend of mine co-owned a similar business in SF, Stitch Lounge, but they've since sold it. They didn't have pins, but the other part was similar to what you do. I was telling her and the girls that were involved with that place about you and your place. Oddly, you look and sound a lot like her!
    Todd

Todd I'll meet ya at the Big Dick backglass Saturday at noon! Anyone who wants to hang out with me and Todd, be there or be square, haha. Also send those Stitch Lounge gals down; I'll put 'em to work!

#240 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Xmen LE.....well that's Sterns penis you have to remove from your rectum after that last code update.

Now that there is one delightful zinger!

#265 11 years ago

No guys, it's a raccoon!

#273 11 years ago

I like the knockin'/rockin' one!

#283 11 years ago

Ahhh, the old school PHOF! I liked that spot, cute pic.

1 week later
    #287 11 years ago

Noooooooooooooooooooo! This is the one where I look the dumbest! Haha nice "tech" skills...flipping a rubber inside out because I ran outta fresh yellows, good grief.

#297 11 years ago

Woah, you have a Star Race?! Verrrrrry jealous of that one.

#301 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Molly, if I may ask, what is the draw to Star Race? I have one too and women tend to play it a lot more than men when I take it the PAGG show.

It's quite the looker, it's on the rare side, and I like the "oddball" titles in general more than the popular ones. I'm just a weirdo, I'm thrilled to see the collectors fighting and scrapping over MMs and AFMs; give me something different!

Are your flippers strong enough to hit that top left loop?

2 weeks later
    #367 11 years ago

Thanks Chitown! Nice having you.

image.jpgimage.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmolly.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-says-girls-arent-into-pinball?tu=pinballmolly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.