Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 385 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2013_No._1_113.JPG
    june_2012_019.JPG
    20130422_182132.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Facebook_13-03-13_IAGS.jpg
    image.jpg
    Pins_and_needles.jpg
    janine_pinball2.jpg
    charcoal_grills_1.jpg
    563338_10200289562577044_891447587_n.jpg
    2_13_F.png
    There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #152 11 years ago

RGR, love the pic! A really hot girl playing one of my favorite classic '80s pins in Embryon, and flipping it the bird! Doesn't get any better that this, i'm in love!

#153 11 years ago

Hey Molls (if I may), this is one of my all-time favorite pins.

Play it every day!

It sits alongside my Silverball Mania, and my beloved Gulfstream.

Hope you still have it, I think it's a great pin.

IMG_0822.JPGIMG_0822.JPG

#154 11 years ago

That's a Super Star of a machine.

#155 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

Hey Molls (if I may), this is one of my all-time favorite pins.
    Play it every day!
    It sits alongside my Silverball Mania, and my beloved Gulfstream.
    Hope you still have it, I think it's a great pin.

I prefer to be called Molls by my chums, so call me Molls! Sadly I sold the Super Star when I was a bit hard up. Super Star and a Bally Knockout, $600 for the pair fully working. Bummed about the SS; I saw a guy selling an EM on craigslist and in his pics you could see just the tiniest corner of a Super Star...I was willing to buy whatever POS he was selling if I could talk him into the Star too, but no dice.

#156 11 years ago

Okay, I'll say it: Girls aren't into pinball.

This is true in the general sense, just like saying that girls aren't into Rush.

Of course, the exceptions, in both cases, are mega-cool!

#157 11 years ago

Don't worry. Now that Super Star has been talked about, one will surely turn up for you.

Just like the Firepower did for me!

#158 11 years ago

The host of the pinball tournies in the twin cities is female.

As for the picture of the woman giving the finger to a machine, wearing a dress. That's the one you marry!

#159 11 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This is true in the general sense, just like saying that girls aren't into Rush.

Awesome.
    Let the record show, it was Dan that said it.

#160 11 years ago

Sad but true...I have 3 girls...18, 13, 11...some initial fun and then nothing with SM and Lotr....same thing with my wife........maybe Woz ignites something but I highly doubt it....girls have too much common sense to do pinball.....

#161 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

girls have too much common sense to do pinball.....

#162 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

girls have too much common sense to do pinball.....

Might be one of the smartest things I've ever posted, or maybe the only?.....(as my wife sneaks a look at my typing)

#163 11 years ago

Well, that's too bad that women don't play more where you guys are. It seems to me like there are so many women at the events, tourneys, expos, etc; I know female techs, operators, and collectors, and I have many nights at PNN where the crowd is more female than male. I guess a few decades of female objectification in the artwork packages, while generally amusing, ended up leaving a lot of women disinterested! As a female who has been in the hobby for a while now, I get a little tired of having my gender pointed out constantly; I know I'm a woman...I don't see why that has to come up in half the pinball conversations I have.

It's just strange to me that this is even a topic. Women play pinball all over, and kick ass at it. A lot of women do great things in/for the hobby despite the fact that it's historically a boys' club, and most of these chicks have a lot more to offer than just "being female"...so ignore the gender thing! But then again, I clearly don't have any "common sense", haha.

#164 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

It's just strange to me that this is even a topic.

I wonder if part of it relates to the industry ?

You don't see many women in the coin op industry. Manufacturing, distributing, or operating.

But when you do, they are usually very special. Very talented. Very gifted.

This probably spills into pinball as we know it. Collecting, shows, tournaments.

And their numbers keep growing.

Not so much because they are female. But because so many of them are great people.

LTG : )

#165 11 years ago

Well, that's too bad that women don't play more where you guys are. It seems to me like there are so many women at the events, tourneys, expos, etc; I know female techs, operators, and collectors, and I have many nights at PNN where the crowd is more female than male. I guess a few decades of female objectification in the artwork packages, while generally amusing, ended up leaving a lot of women disinterested! As a female who has been in the hobby for a while now, I get a little tired of having my gender pointed out constantly; I know I'm a woman...I don't see why that has to come up in half the pinball conversations I have.
    It's just strange to me that this is even a topic. Women play pinball all over, and kick ass at it. A lot of women do great things in/for the hobby despite the fact that it's historically a boys' club, and most of these chicks have a lot more to offer than just "being female"...so ignore the gender thing! But then again, I clearly don't have any "common sense", haha.

Where I come from it is quite rare to see a female playing pinball. When I was in Seattle on vacation it was very noticeable from my point of view to see so many of them playing. I don't think those that point it out to you mean it in a bad way at all. Most likely they are happy to see girls playing.

#166 11 years ago

It's true about Rush for some reason. Girls (most) don't care for Rush or Dire Straits. Don't know why. But 95% of the girlfriends i've ever had couldn't stand either. But then again. Most of them liked Poison, Bon Jovi and Kiss. And those are mostly chic bands. Kiss is about 50/50.

#167 11 years ago

I think it's Geddy's voice on the Rush front. My wife can't stand his voice.

Myself on the other hand have probably seen them 8 or 10 times live.

#168 11 years ago

My wife and my 20 year old daughter both love pinball. All three of us are at about the same skill level, so it makes for some great competition.

#169 11 years ago

The conversation that will never die!

There's good Rush and there's reeeeeeeeaaaaalllllllly bad, grating Rush. I play drums so, I mean, ya gotta at least respect Neil. Ew, NEO, Dire Straits? Haha, ugh. Poison? Kiss? That's some of my least favorite music.

At PNN it's mainly Steely Dan, Sade, Ween, Curtis Mayfield, and Loretta Lynn, crooning away. My musical tastes are even worse than my bizarro pin tastes!

#170 11 years ago

I don't have any problems with a women playing pinball. In fact, I'd rather play next to a sweet smelling, good looking women then a stinking farting old man any and every time!

#171 11 years ago

what's wrong with Dire Straits? Brothers in Arms is one of the best albums ever made (not including greatest hits). Phenomenal from start to finish.

#172 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if part of it relates to the industry ?
    You don't see many women in the coin op industry. Manufacturing, distributing, or operating.
    But when you do, they are usually very special. Very talented. Very gifted.
    This probably spills into pinball as we know it. Collecting, shows, tournaments.
    And their numbers keep growing.
    Not so much because they are female. But because so many of them are great people.

Lloyd, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the industry. The games were almost never designed to attract women. There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men? I'm thinking zero. So the manufacturers only wanted half of the population's quarters!

Lots of things have changed though, and most women are comfortable just giggling at the artwork and focusing on the flips. If people want t make a big fuss about my gender, or looks or whatever....uhhh, okay. Totally boring though, let's talk about how I can do a full teardown, shop out, and rebuild on a Whitewater in under six hours! Then get 8.2 billion on it!

#173 11 years ago

^^^^^ Bazinga!

Now you're talking.

#174 11 years ago

There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men? I'm thinking zero.

Funny. I always wanted a pinball machine with a middle age fat guy in a dirty T shirt drinking a beer on the backglass.

Call it Studs and Suds, or something.

#175 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what's wrong with Dire Straits? Brothers in Arms is one of the best albums ever made (not including greatest hits). Phenomenal from start to finish.

I was just goofin' you; I just don't really care for DS, but that record is decent.

It's okay to have different taste, folks! Guess what, I HATE the look of LEDs, I find most of the A titles to be EXTREMELY boring at this point, and I think clear coating playfields makes them suck! And people get SO mad at me that they cant even have a discussion about how it's okay to prefer Flash Gordon to, say, LOTR...it's just a matter of taste! It's so subjective, yet so many of us get all bent out of shape about it.

#176 11 years ago

Truth be told it is a double standard.

There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men?

You could design your own....

#177 11 years ago

At PNN it's mainly Steely Dan, Sade, Ween, Curtis Mayfield, and Loretta Lynn, crooning away. My musical tastes are even worse than my bizarro pin tastes!

I see those as being great musical tastes.

#178 11 years ago

What about BIG GUNS? Tons of dicks on that machine!

#179 11 years ago
    Quoted from jrrdw:

Truth be told it is a double standard.

You could design your own....

Um, go into a little more detail about how this is a double standard situation?

I'm not an engineer or a designer, so I don't have any plans to make my own game. Dreams yes, plans no. It's 30-40 years later and facts are facts; I'm not trying to rewrite history, here. Man, Margaret Hudson must've put up with so much crap!

#180 11 years ago

It's okay to have different taste, folks!

Some people have a really hard time coping with this.

#181 11 years ago

You said it yourself:

Quoted from PinballMolly:There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men?

Rocks wife? Never to late to learn some engineering. If you have the dreams they are ideas, you have a start all ready.

#182 11 years ago

Lloyd, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the industry. The games were almost never designed to attract women. There are hundreds and hundreds of titles slathered with big spherical-breasted 14" waist women...and how many games sexualizing men? I'm thinking zero. So the manufacturers only wanted half of the population's quarters!
    Lots of things have changed though, and most women are comfortable just giggling at the artwork and focusing on the flips. If people want t make a big fuss about my gender, or looks or whatever....uhhh, okay. Totally boring though, let's talk about how I can do a full teardown, shop out, and rebuild on a Whitewater in under six hours! Then get 8.2 billion on it!

That is one seriously good WH20 score

And Sade is great btw - especially her early stuff!

#183 11 years ago

Oh I just spit out my cereal when i read you got 8.2 billion on WH20. In awe, why do I suck so much

#184 11 years ago

PinballMolly, you are my new pinball hero! Excellent setup at Pins'n'Needles!! If I were a bit closer to LA I'd definitely spend a LOT of time at that place!!! Awsome and some more!!

#185 11 years ago

Molly is approaching "1,000" karma! Not bad considering you just got here!!!

Gratz

#186 11 years ago

8.2B on WW! Damn!
    Molly is a player. I played with her in Pinburgh A division last year.

#187 11 years ago

I believe that score unto itself restricts her to A at Pinburgh!

#188 11 years ago

I had fun in A last year! Last place, bitches! I got to brush elbows with some of the top players in the world, Pangea!

#189 11 years ago

Redacted, don't know how to use internet

#190 11 years ago

Here ya go! Four player game, I was player 1. Took an hour & 45 minutes. 7 Wet Willies and four double vacation jackpots. BEA is my beloved departed cat, best cat ever; I reserve the initials for my whoppingest games!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#191 11 years ago

How long has Molly been into pinball?

#192 11 years ago

Always liked it, started collecting about ten or eleven years ago.

#193 11 years ago

I challenge Pinball Molly to a game of Whitewater at Pinburgh. Who's with me?

#194 11 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Not me. I can't play upside down.

#195 11 years ago

Hoping to find the bay area equivalent of Molly, I dont think this exists. Attractive, kicks your ass in pinball and can fix pins better than most men too! p.s. She hauls pins too holy shit!!!!! Sorry I promise I won't hump your leg Molly.

#196 11 years ago

Post the vid to papa! I wanna see some double vacation jackpot action!

#197 11 years ago

Molly, I am envious of your collection. You have quite a few 80s sci-fi themed pins I wouldn't mind having in my house. You also round it out with later-80s cheesy photo backbox-art Premier & Gott machines. Love it!

#198 11 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

My money's on Molly.

#199 11 years ago

lol scores 8 bill on wh20 but cant put the photo the right way up.... hmmmmm rofl

#200 11 years ago

Why are y'all saying it's upside down? It's right side up on both my computer and phone.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-says-girls-arent-into-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.